Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Sasha@Crobar Review

Bling

Sasha at Crobar has been an event i have personally waited for for two years. Not because Sasha is one of my all time favorites but because he is one of the elusive last autographs i need to complete my insane collection LOL. Good news is I got it .... bad news was the set was a mixed bag for me.

First off, I want to thank Liz (CP) for letting me crash at her place after work. If not, i would have had to drive back to kendall and then to sobe. LOVE YA!!!!

I got there around 10 pm and those with tickets bought online got in no problems. :) As I walked in, they gave us two smirnoff ice drink tickets even..... (sweet....... i love smirnoff ice)

Best part of the nite was seeing such a great CJ and CP representation

Great hanging with Michael Louis, Ramon, Miriam, the SOTU Crew (Obby and his partner.. lookin foward to the pics u took),as well as hanging with Diego, Trancelator and the ever gorgeous Lilly. ;D Also good to see POD for a short bit as well as Nick Junkie and Zero. Also one of Koky's friends Bonita (glad u got ur autograph) , I also saw MrMiami in da house and SotuOrlando.. also a shoutout to the guy who told me to remember something for my review but cant right now!!!! LOL!!!!

Luke Fair is warming it up nicely. I run upstairs after getting my drink and get my seat behind the booth. :) Luke is playing a bit harder then what i anticipated. That gave me a bit of an inkling that sasha wasnt goin to play as melodic as i had wanted :(

ARound 1:10 am sasha goes on :) AT this point Crobar is as packed as i have ever seen it...And all this on a monday...... (Miami is the place to party no doubt).... Wall to wall packed behind the booth and the dance floor was mobbed. Though it never got annoying packed like Tiesto @ Space , thank goodness.

Sasha started off his set with a nasty good track and he followed up with a good 30 min or so. Then the set just went nowhere it was just ok. Not until like 435 did he start droppin tracks off his INVOLVER Cd which finally got me jumping.

What shocked me the most, was that Sasha did not spin any vinyls at all. All Cdj's. I was also kinda surprised that he didnt play that melodic slow stuff everyone was talkin about. I for one was loookin foward to that kind of music tonite..... it wasnt meant to be though ;(

I have seen Sasha 3 times now, once at Space two years ago for conference, at ULTRA this year and now at Crobar. AS a live dj act he just never has done it for me. His cds and productions are great though but its just something about his live sets that are just SO SO!!!!

Best part of the nite was to hang with all the Junkies and CP'ers and of course the hot dancers. They had dancers wearing basically no tops and only feathers covering their breasts, they aslo had the "Backdoor bamby's) -- these latex covered catwomen lookin chicks doin a show on a stage set up in front of the dj booth (using water profusely over themselves.. quite nice)

After the set, myself, Diego Lilly and Trancelator left together and just talked crap outside till 530.. OH yeah HERNAN CAETTANO THE 10TH AT SPACE..... (dont think we mentioned that enuff last nite) LOL. ::)

Trancelator bought an entire pizza at 530 am next door and Diego acting all crazy finds a hair inside the pizza so he goes to a cabbie in his cab and shows him LMAO WTFFFFFFFFff :) too funny. oh yeah and tracelator the whole nite dancing and yellin his ass off..... I think he had fun ;)

till next time for the 4th of july blast ;)

PS ( I read on CP that blendprod.... on his bday no less unfortunely got hurt as he slipped off the stage trying to get a pic of Sasha... speeedy recovery my friend... i was def lookin for you knowing u were going :(

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest web_norah

i think the recent injury incident in Cardiff ...(Where Sasha hit a female fan with a record by accident), maybe the reason he is spinning cdrs. (J/K). i imagine in a big city tour, CDrs are easier to carry and less likely to get lost. lots of djs use a fair amount of cds now....

sounds like a good review though Bling! glad to see you went and saw it for yourself.

wonder how Nick Junkie would review the set?

Guest LeVeL

I thank god I didn't go out to Crobar for a monday night a 25 dollar entrance to a club is too steep. If it was the weekend then I reconsider this weeks its all about Josh Wink.

Make way for 2 heavyweights in one night.

Guest siuol_leahcim

in a recent interview on dj mag, sasha said that he is completely abandoning vinyl and will start touring with only cd's and a laptop rig which will allow him to remix tracks on the fly. it wasn't ready for the tour as was anticipated. would have liked to have seen that, though.

Guest ramon

Luke imo killed it .. in a big way .. please bring him back. Sasha did his job .. nice to see people going off to Spektrum records like that.

freakboooooxxx!

Sasha did have his moments however ... holden remix of britney is amazing.

His intro was great and a couple of other songs stood out.

I really dug when he went into like Punk mode and played all that Electrotinged stuff.

Good to hang with Michael 'The Trainspotter' Louis ;)

Place was packed. Carmel is back bitches!!

Guest fairyDust

The dancers dressed up in the black latex were hot ;D

yes they were. but they aint got nada on you my dear :-*

Thanks sweety ;)

yes they were. but they aint got nada on you my dear :-*

Hey Bling, go or it buddy, put your game on ;)

nah dont believe in game LOL thats the last thing ill ever profess to have. ill just be me :)

thanks for ur support LOL

Guest zero

[glow=red,2,300]SASHA IS GOD[/glow]

I don't care what anyone says that was a great set there wasn't one person who wanted to leave that place when he finished. Every song was good not a boring set at all at anytime. Luke fair played great ... for a moment i thought i was listening to sander kleinenberg. It was a night that i will always cherish. Greatest night for me. And i think it was worth taking my dad's credit card and getting bitched at..... I will do it again if i have to ... well worth the 28 dollars. and free beers what more can you ask for....

one more thing anyone know the tracklisting for that song we call it ying yang ... something like that.... that song's great?

Guest ramon

I don't care what anyone says that was a great set there wasn't one person who wanted to leave that place when he finished. Every song was good not a boring set at all at anytime. Luke fair played great ... for a moment i thought i was listening to sander kleinenberg. It was a night that i will always cherish. Greatest night for me. And i think it was worth taking my dad's credit card and getting bitched at..... I will do it again if i have to ... well worth the 28 dollars. and free beers what more can you ask for....

one more thing anyone know the tracklisting for that song we call it ying yang ... something like that.... that song's great?

we all live then die?

if so

spektrum - kinda new (tierfshwarz dub)

enjoy.

Guest ramon

i've heard him play better. I just feel he never really got into a groove .. he did have his moments though. Felix's record went off!! Luke fucking killed it . Those of you who were there early enough know this. :)

Guest ddg

first off...great seeing the peeps....bling, lilly, patrick, john,flip pod,zero, good meeting nickjunkie......

the set was nothing spectacular........started off good....the 3 hours in the middle were decent at best....ended good......best tracks....

matt dekay- higher thoughts.....(thank god it woke you up john).....best track of night...

the felix track was good...great energy.....

ended with in a state.....the original remix he did for lavelles global underground....wish he would have dropped his newer remix...

hardly any breaks which disappointed me greatly..

his mixing is impeccable though.....even though he was wasted..

hanging out in the front afterwards was a riot...too much fun.... :D

Guest JMT

yes yes, i admit i did pass out by myself for about 20 minutes or so (i think) on an upstairs couch and yes "higher thoughts" woke me up. great song.

i've heard him play better. I just feel he never really got into a groove .. he did have his moments though. Felix's record went off!! Luke fucking killed it . Those of you who were there early enough know this. :)

gotta agree with ramon here. i dont think he got into his groove at all