Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ATTN CrzyC . . .

Guest sobe2004

I guess CJ wants to have the "inside scoop" but are mandated by the clubs as to when they can post articles. HOWEVER...this is a messageboard that has been formed specifically for the nightlife scene and the people who are a part of it. I have always supported CJ and even bought tickets to events when I KNEW if I asked I could get comped and encouraged other to do so. But I think its completely weak that if other people on the board besides the owners of the site know information or have heard rumors regarding the scene they are not allowed to post the information or it will get deleted.....WEAK!!!!! My info came second hand, was posted on another board first and I gave credit to that person, but yet the thread was still deleted. I even sent NickJunkie a PM letting him know that the info I posted was valid and had been checked out...well no more. Ill be sure to check OTHER sites if I want the inside knowledge since it was posted there FIRST and then deleted off this board.

CJ lost a bit of respect in my eyes on this one!!!!

Oh cut us some slack please. If we don't work with the clubs then there would be no more lists or privileges for CJ members, so if someone requests that we hold onto info we have to. The same goes when members request that we remove threads because they feel insulted or that it would affect them in some way.

Other sites don't offer guaranteed free entry to almost all Miami venues to members. I personally think that's a really nice benefit for CJ members (it's a very small % of you that actually know promoters and can get comps yourselves), but in order to maintain that we have to play the game. It's very easy to criticize us but try to understand how hard it is for us to balance things and try to keep everyone happy, and stay in business.

We generally leave all rumors up, as in the past with a lot of Saleen's stuff. We've also removed rumors in the past at the request of individuals who post them because they've been asked personally by their contacts not to share info. If Saleen were still here he'd confirm this.

It seems like the current flavor of the month is to bitch at us though, and if that's what you want to do I'm sure you'll find a reason.

Wouldnt it have been just as easy to send the author of the thread (me) a PM letting that person know why it was deleted. At least I sent you one telling you what I had confirmed myself.

Look Nick, I dont want to fight with you, I know you have to deal with the clubs directly but this is a PUBLIC forum. Censorship on a public forum for reasons OTHER than racism, obscenity, vulgar language, etc just isnt right. Maybe you guys should have a rumor forum so that you dont feel responsible for the words or knowledge of "the people".

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

....so that you dont feel responsible for the words or knowledge of "the people".

they have to, it's their website .. it may be all public and wide open to everybody but at the end its them who decide "this stays here, this don't"

This coming from the guy who had INCORRECT information posted. :-X

Guest obby

I guess CJ wants to have the "inside scoop" but are mandated by the clubs as to when they can post articles. HOWEVER...this is a messageboard that has been formed specifically for the nightlife scene and the people who are a part of it. I have always supported CJ and even bought tickets to events when I KNEW if I asked I could get comped and encouraged other to do so. But I think its completely weak that if other people on the board besides the owners of the site know information or have heard rumors regarding the scene they are not allowed to post the information or it will get deleted.....WEAK!!!!! My info came second hand, was posted on another board first and I gave credit to that person, but yet the thread was still deleted. I even sent NickJunkie a PM letting him know that the info I posted was valid and had been checked out...well no more. Ill be sure to check OTHER sites if I want the inside knowledge since it was posted there FIRST and then deleted off this board.

CJ lost a bit of respect in my eyes on this one!!!!

Can you say "club politics" ??

:-\

Shame

Guest vaughan

Honestly who gives a fcuk..This is stupid...

i said it earlier.

I care damnit... message boards run the scene.. without them we would all die... And the music would go with it... I mean, you must admit, before CP and CJ... hell... we were all listening to Polka music and there was NO SCENE!!! I am Old School and have been clubbing since '2002!!!! So I know what I'm talking about!

Guest durrtylexx

i said it earlier.

I care damnit... message boards run the scene.. without them we would all die... And the music would go with it... I mean, you must admit, before CP and CJ... hell... we were all listening to Polka music and there was NO SCENE!!! I am Old School and have been clubbing since '2002!!!! So I know what I'm talking about!

I've been clubbing since 93 and dude if you love something then you'll know where to find it..I went to plenty of garage parties and warehouse parties back then..Danny T & Dave Seaman at Groove Jet. Calderone at Liquid..Fat Blacks..I saw Sasha & Diggers at The Edge, w/the Crystal Method

I like CJ, cause I met people on here that love the music and in some way or another appreciate the scene.

Guest web_norah

i clearly see the CJ view on this...rumours tend to get out of control and yes, this is a message board... yes, it helps the scene but please - - let those who are in the media do their job and give YOU clubbers accurate info.

Guest shannon_coolj.

i said it earlier.

i've been clubbing for almost ten years and i well remember a time when there were NO message boards, no outlets...nothing.

and actually, come to think of it, the "scene" was better then...

Guest durrtylexx

i said it earlier.

i've been clubbing for almost ten years and i well remember a time when there were NO message boards, no outlets...nothing.

and actually, come to think of it, the "scene" was better then...

south beach was aweomse then.The MIx, Shadow, Groove Jet.Liquid.Bash....much better than it is now..but I thinks thats how everything is. As we get older, the good old days will always be the good old days, no matter when .....

Guest LeVeL

south beach was aweomse then.The MIx, Shadow, Groove Jet.Liquid.Bash....much better than it is now..but I thinks thats how everything is. As we get older, the good old days will always be the good old days, no matter when .....

You forgot the Bar Room, Warsaw.ect but come on guys stop acting like you guys are old timers. Hell yeah I agree it was better then because the only people that went to Electronic Music events were those who really Loved it. And for some reason we have a solid group of people in this forum who celebrate day in and day out what Electronic Music is all about.

Anyways it was only a rumor at first but now its confirmed, so lets forget about and all the drinks are on me...... 8) ;D

Anyways it was only a rumor at first but now its confirmed, so lets forget about and all the drinks are on me...... 8) ;D

I'll drink to that!!! ;D

BTW...Vaughan was kidding about the "Ive been clubbing since 2002". V, has been in the scene for MANY years. I mean come on, do you guys know how old that guy is? LOL! (j/k Vaughan!!!) :-*

Guest guyman1966

I'll drink to that!!! ;D

BTW...Vaughan was kidding about the "Ive been clubbing since 2002". V, has been in the scene for MANY years. I mean come on, do you guys know how old that guy is? LOL! (j/k Vaughan!!!) :-*

But I was listening to Polka music before the boards.

Guest durrtylexx

LOL!

So...when is "Guys Night Out"? ;)

This Sat night! You in? ;) ;D

Ugh...Sat?!

I am going to THEMRS show with Vida Guerra in The Grove...maybe you boyz wanna come...its a lingerie show. ;)

Vida Guerra has a BEAUTIFUL BODY..thickness YUMMM. ;D

LOL!

Ugh...Sat?!

I am going to THEMRS show with Vida Guerra in The Grove...maybe you boyz wanna come...its a lingerie show. ;)

It's not Aug 5 yet is it?

:P

I dont consider THE GROVE partying...more like tolerating in support of a friend. LOL!

Guest guyman1966

LOL!

Ugh...Sat?!

Oh I could never attend an event like that... LOL

(please email me the details)