Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So disappointed!

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

Hey everyone.

I have to say i am incredibly disappointed about my Saturday night. I went to Crobar with high expectations and got home at 4 so that should be pretty conclusive. First off I used the CJ list but got reduced because of a so called "special event" (such BS). Patrick M was excellent and then whomever came after just didn't do it for me. Does Patrick spin anywhere else?

I had friends in town and by 2ish just ended up just sitting down behind the dj booth. I was supposed to go with Lilly but i never heard from her, so i didnt recognize any CJ peeps. If you guys were there what did you think? All i can say is next Friday at Envy i am looking forward to greatly. For now i bid you all goodnight :)

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

You must have been on drugs. Yousef rocked.

Thanks that's nice.

I am not saying the music was "bad"...it just stayed very level for me form about 2:30 to 4...just my OPINION that's all.

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

Wow you guys are harsh this morning..whew.

I also didnt feel like there was any vibe in crobar...which is rare. I always have liked that place and it usually brings a strong crowd...it was not that packed for a Saturday night, no waiting outside and plenty of room to dance.

Guest JMT

Wow you guys are harsh this morning..whew.

I also didnt feel like there was any vibe in crobar...which is rare. I always have liked that place and it usually brings a strong crowd...it was not that packed for a Saturday night, no waiting outside and plenty of room to dance.

i was just joking. in the end your opinion is what matters most to you. ive had my share of sets that i loved and other people didnt, and vice versa. didnt see this guy so i have no opinion.

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

Also..when was it determined that Yousef was spinning? I thought Ralph Falcon was going to be there on Sat nights now or at least was yesterday. I didn't even know it was Youself till i posted. Hmmm..wonder how Space was guess ill wait for someone to post.

Also..when was it determined that Yousef was spinning? I thought Ralph Falcon was going to be there on Sat nights now or at least was yesterday. I didn't even know it was Youself till i posted. Hmmm..wonder how Space was guess ill wait for someone to post.

If you go to clubs for the music (and it seems like you do), I would suggest checking the Cooljunkie calendar to see if the DJ spinning that night would interest you so that you arent so disappointed. Also, if you arent familiar with the DJ check the boards, Im sure there will be a thread about who is spinning and what type of music it is. Sorry you had a disappointing night, I hate it when that happens.

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

If you go to clubs for the music (and it seems like you do), I would suggest checking the Cooljunkie calendar to see if the DJ spinning that night would interest you so that you arent so disappointed. Also, if you arent familiar with the DJ check the boards, Im sure there will be a thread about who is spinning and what type of music it is. Sorry you had a disappointing night, I hate it when that happens.

Thanks for the info. Obviously the reason we all read & post is b/c we look here to find out who is spinning and whats going on. I guess everyone has different opinions on music and honestly even if i knew that Yousef was the one to be spinning i would have checked him out..he is in the genre that i like but never heard him before. Trial and error is all it takes...and then again every set is different so im not judging the dj just the night lol.

Guest macboy

Sorry to hear you didn't have a good time. Middle of summer, certainly could have a lot to do with it not being that packed. I guess Yousef's not for everyone, though there weren't too may choices to go out on the beach last night. Did you check out the VIP to see if the music was any better for you?

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

Sorry to hear you didn't have a good time. Middle of summer, certainly could have a lot to do with it not being that packed. I guess Yousef's not for everyone, though there weren't too may choices to go out on the beach last night. Did you check out the VIP to see if the music was any better for you?

Yeah i was upstairs for a bit..Yousef was definitely much better. The whole night wasnt a bust you guys...just not great u know what i mean. And i really have to say i like that Patrick M, he plays some old stuff that i LOVE...never gets any props so im givin' em'. :)

Guest lyrik

Actually Yousef played different from his usual style....so I didn't really get into his set. I had a good time but the music was okay last night and I really like yousef...so I can relate. he must have changed it up a bit for Miami.

Guest demo909

I have to say I was more than diappointed myself last night with the Crobar door staff..."Cause this is a special DJ and special event, the list is only good for reduced." "Knowbody gets in for free tonight"......thats such bull shit!! You gonna tell me Yousef charges so much that crobar has to charge everyone who walks through the door in order to pay him???? Yeah right!

A list like the CJ list, which is comprised mainly of locals need to be taken care of in the proper manner. We are not talking about comping 100 people here....maybe 20-25 max.

Crobar used to be packed weekly with locals....the last 4 times i have been there to see big talent...(and each of those times there was a comped list not some reduced for a special event list) I hardly saw the local turn out.

I hate to sound like Saleen here but Crobar is Ova in my opinion. Cedric (love him or hate him) is gone now, all the original DJ's except Stephan Luke have split, gayjoy and the rest of the marketing staff have split and more then half the bartenders quit in the last 2 months......do we see a patern here??

the ship is sinking, the talent that they have lined up for the next few months is shit...Donald Glaude for their anniversary...come on! I feel bad for Ralph stepping on to a sinking ship and hope that he doesn't go down with it. Cause if he can pack the people in each night he plays, managment will be all over him for not being "Crobar Material"

Well I got a little off course....but they really pissed me off last night >:(

Guest web_norah

understandably, with such bs about the comp list... i'd be upset too!

but crobar has a new music director and that's been a major shakeup, most of their former door people such as Mood, Michelle, Kimmy, they're all gone. door policy at crobar New York is the same, if not worse.......

Guest shannon_coolj.

i thought yousef sucked. even the vip area sucked. i was VERY disappointed w/ crobar last night...

Hey everyone.

I have to say i am incredibly disappointed about my Saturday night. I went to Crobar with high expectations and got home at 4 so that should be pretty conclusive. First off I used the CJ list but got reduced because of a so called "special event" (such BS). Patrick M was excellent and then whomever came after just didn't do it for me. Does Patrick spin anywhere else?

I had friends in town and by 2ish just ended up just sitting down behind the dj booth. I was supposed to go with Lilly but i never heard from her, so i didnt recognize any CJ peeps. If you guys were there what did you think? All i can say is next Friday at Envy i am looking forward to greatly. For now i bid you all goodnight :)

sorry u didnt have a good time :( next week DT will def not disappoint...... ya should have come to oxygen ........ :P

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

Okay well seeing that there were CJ people there i dont get how this thing works b/c i was behind the DJ booth and didnt meet anyone of you lol.