Clubplanet Nightlife Community

did anyone watch Ali G?

Guest JMT

Guest JMT

the new season of "Da Ali G Show" started tonight on HBO.

on man was it funny! i almost peed myself. ;D

how this guy can keep a straight face is incredible.

RESPECT.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JMT

the questions he asks are hilarious!

waterworld? sniffing a dog's ass... can the dog detect drugs? the wine tasting was so funny.

easily the funniest show ive seen in a long time. i wish it was an hour.

Guest lyrik

i watched it one day, thought it was pretty lame. Now I dropped my HBO and boy I'm glad I did. Football season is upon us and I think I'll have the NFL chanell on 24/7 for 6 months.

August - pre-season begins! I love football season.

Guest trancelator

RESPECT.

Ali G is hilarious. First season comes out on 8/21. I'll be sure to get it. ;D

When Borat kissed the 2nd old guy from Missouri (or wherever they were) on the lips, I could not help from laughing hysterically...

In my opinion, the show needs much more Borat and less Ali G (who is a good character, just better in smaller doses).

There will HAVE to be a Borat movie coming out soon...

Favorite Borat scenes from season 1:

(a) Barbara Bush = testy satchel

(B) My wife...she's dead...

© "Sexy time"

(d) I like baseballs, do you like baseballs...

Guest endymion

You guys see the bit where he brings in a DEA agent to interview him? When the guy gets to the studio they stick him in front of a table with a spread of real drugs and paraphanelia, not drug education dummy materials. The overall skit was only as funny as all of his other stuff but the look on the DEA agent's face as he smells it across the table and realizes that he's looking at a tray full of real weed and joints sitting next to a bunch of little bricks of real hash, I just couldn't stand how funny that was. The poor guy's eyes, excruciating hilarity.

"This MDMA, does it have some kind of chemical in it that makes you dance like a prick?"

Guest JMT

You guys see the bit where he brings in a DEA agent to interview him? When the guy gets to the studio they stick him in front of a table with a spread of real drugs and paraphanelia, not drug education dummy materials. The overall skit was only as funny as all of his other stuff but the look on the DEA agent's face as he smells it across the table and realizes that he's looking at a tray full of real weed and joints sitting next to a bunch of little bricks of real hash, I just couldn't stand how funny that was. The poor guy's eyes, excruciating hilarity.

"This MDMA, does it have some kind of chemical in it that makes you dance like a prick?"

tech, was that the same one where he says, "what if you take a little bit of this, a little bit of this, with a littlw of this" as he gestures to each pile? that was SO funny! the show is great.

Guest endymion

Right, exactly! That DEA guy took it pretty well, I was proud of him. He seemed to have figured out that he was in a joke by the end of it.

Some of those were filmed down here, the one where he's trying to learn to work the machine at the gym was at IronWorks down the street from me in South Beach.

Okay here, I have a question now: That skit with the DEA agent, was that filmed a really really long time ago? I remember a couple of employees of mine laughing about that over lunch in about 1999. I had no idea what they were talking about, but they kept quoting the 'does this make you dance like a prick?' line. Has Ali G been on for a long time in the UK or something like that and now we're getting our turn in the US? Or was some of the stuff that we're seeing now filmed five years ago?

Or did he just rip off some other comedian who did some similar skit with that line in it five years ago?

Guest JMT

interesting....

i checked IMDB and it looks like he did indeed have a show in the UK a few years prior (98-99). you're right, he probably used the old skits in the new american version of the show.

tom green used to do that same thing when he was on MTV.

Guest endymion

Wow so I wonder if he did the same thing with an English cop, with the real drug spread? I'm all curious now, I'm going to see if I can find an old recording on a P2P network or something. Apparently his older stuff had a cult following in the US. I had never heard of him before I saw the HBO shows and recognized him from the Madonna video.

Yeah, he was in the UK first, but then couldn't get any more interviews because everyone knew him...he has a movie too (haven't seen).

After season 1, the word was that he was done here too for the same reason, but I guess he was able to find some people...

Guest endymion

You guys see how well he cleans up? He was on, I think, the Daily Show recently? In a suit, speaking intelligibly. Contrast between real comedian and comic character was funny.

Tim, I had seen the Ali G character from the Madonna video but if that Kazakhstan guy had walked up to me in public he would have fooled me for at least a couple of minutes. He just needs new characters.

Guest VeLeNoRoSa

Yeah, he was in the UK first, but then couldn't get any more interviews because everyone knew him...he has a movie too (haven't seen).

After season 1, the word was that he was done here too for the same reason, but I guess he was able to find some people...

the movie is helarious!!!!!!!!!!! watch it

Guest purplealien

RESPECT.

havent seen the new ones but the other day saw the one with bill gates and ali g trying to figure out who left the "floater"..bill gates was acttually laughing at the guy they blamed it on.. he's better than stern i think..