Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Danny Tenaglia@ Envy

Bling

I finally had a cordotito (or however you spell it) and it truly is LIQUID COCAINE!!!! :o I am now addicted. ;D

niceeeeee im ordering it on ur bday in two weeks. is that the drink i tasted that u were having?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is Wow :o!!! Got there around 2:30 and I was surprised to see the oarking lot pretty empty, but it was deceiving for it was pretty packed inside NV. Paid 30 to get in and almost immediately DT took over the decks. FINALLY got to meet most of the CJ Crew. First one I saw was the uber famous Bling (You forgot to mention me in your review >:( ;D), who in turn introduced me to Levelistic, Andrew (who doesn't look lime his avatar), the incredibly funny Renzo(the smiley guy ;D) McBoy, the incredibly beautiful FairyDust and ImAlwaysDancing, with whom I had a lot of fun hangin out with ;). Also ran into the usual suspects, CrazyC, Phunky, Trancelator, and the REAL PARTY TROOPER, TURBO!!! 8)

The music was good, but nothing out of the ordinary, at least I wasn't blown away by it or anything. The bad thing was that by 10 30, I felt really bad and started throwing up a lot in the bathroom, but who knos what the bouncers thought, cause they kicked me out of the clube just for being sick, WTF!!! I have to really thank Rick for geting a hold of my friend, otherwise I would still be in the parking lot waiting for her.

In the end it was really good to meet some other CJheads, and I will see you tomorrow in the patio for Ivano 8)...

i put u in my review i edited it even before u said .. hmmm let me ck maybe i onlly updtated it on cp

Guest kcariaga

I am not sure what is wrong with you all. DT's set was amazing.....one of the best nights I have had in Miami in a really, really long time. The crowd was very friendly and I met all sorts of interesting people. I was completely blown away by the music and how into the crowd DT was. The song that he played that was like a storm was amazing. For all of you that we not impressed, are you sure you were at eNVy last night???

I finally had a cordotito (or however you spell it) and it truly is LIQUID COCAINE!!!! :o I am now addicted. ;D

niceeeeee im ordering it on ur bday in two weeks. is that the drink i tasted that u were having?

Its Cuban Coffee you Jewban. LOL! :P ;D :-*

i know i was just thinkin there was a drink with the same name or some shit..... oh god my brain hurts.........

I am not sure what is wrong with you all. DT's set was amazing.....one of the best nights I have had in Miami in a really, really long time. The crowd was very friendly and I met all sorts of interesting people. I was completely blown away by the music and how into the crowd DT was. The song that he played that was like a storm was amazing. For all of you that we not impressed, are you sure you were at eNVy last night???

yeah i lovd that track like the storm. he stopped his last track before that completely there was silence then that thunder hit i was like oh damn that be some nice ambient stuff :)

Guest web_norah

not everyone appreciates music in the same level, i guess

i've seen Danny many times, and all i can say is that the amount of preparation and energy of his sets are *out of the ordinary* but then again, others find Tiesto or Erick Morillo (no disrespect to them), far more *epic* or versatile than Danny.....keep in mind, DT is 42 yrs old and has been around longer than probably most people on this board...........and just ended a 5 yr residency in NY - cant say the same about other DJs, except for Tony Humphries, Frankie Knuckles or Jr Vasquez......

Guest durrtylexx

I HAD A FANTABOLOUS EVENING LAST NIGHT!!!Danny T, took me home..The man took up and down and all around.My soul was filled with beautiful dark drums, wicked vocals and durrty bass lines..DT is a machine..I got there at 4:00am with Trancelator and we left at 9:00am..It was nice meeting a few of the CJ people..I know some of you guys arn't into house, but your were open enough to go last night and feel what Danny T is and brings...The crowd was fantastic, I felt like I was partying at the Underground or Twilo..Fantastic evening..Fucking Great Vibe last night....From the drag queens to the dude with feathers on his head..Great night..I love watching people loose themselves and dance like no one's watching..Can't wait for another night like this..

DANNY T = BRILLIANT

Guest trancelator

i've seen Danny many times, and all i can say is that the amount of preparation and energy of his sets are *out of the ordinary* but then again, others find Tiesto or Erick Morillo (no disrespect to them), far more *epic* or versatile than Danny.....keep in mind, DT is 42 yrs old and has been around longer than probably most people on this board...........and just ended a 5 yr residency in NY - cant say the same about other DJs, except for Tony Humphries, Frankie Knuckles or Jr Vasquez......

I am with Phunky. DT's music was off da hook! However, I think to really appreciate it, you have to know what you are getting into. I think some people (not all, for those who think I'm generalizing) go without ever hearing the dj's previous work or without any knowledge of the dj's style. Thus, it's possible to have people who aren't big on the dj's style say that his performance was lackluster.

Nevertheless, it was my first time seeing DT and I loved it. After nearly a decade of enjoying dance music, it was great to finally see the legend. Next time, I'll get there even later to see how set continues to build into the afternoon. :o ;D

I am with Phunky. DT's music was off da hook! However, I think to really appreciate it, you have to know what you are getting into. I think some people (not all, for those who think I'm generalizing) go without ever hearing the dj's previous work or without any knowledge of the dj's style. Thus, it's possible to have people who aren't big on the dj's style say that his performance was lackluster.

Nevertheless, it was my first time seeing DT and I loved it. After nearly a decade of enjoying dance music, it was great to finally see the legend. Next time, I'll get there even later to see how set continues to build into the afternoon. :o ;D

;D

Well, guys, I finally woke up. No longer intoxicated,lol. It was nice hanging with the junkies Phunky(Alex), Crzy C(Carisa, take it easy on the drinks baby),Bling , Trancelator, Renzo (freakin comedian), Cosmig, Andrew, Level ( U da man. Thanks) , Fairydust, and ImalwaysDancing. First of all guys I have to apologize for disappearing on you half the time , I was way too intoxicated and having a blast. Danny T just kept on hitting us with nasty tracks and I have absolutely no complaints. The guy just grabs your soul and runs with it,lol. The music was so good that i didn't leave till 12. Next time Danny spins, i'm there unconditionally.

Well, guys, I finally woke up. No longer intoxicated,lol. It was nice hanging with the junkies Phunky(Alex), Crzy C(Carisa, take it easy on the drinks baby),Bling , Trancelator, Renzo (freakin comedian), Cosmig, Andrew, Level ( U da man. Thanks) , Fairydust, and ImalwaysDancing. First of all guys I have to apologize for disappearing on you half the time , I was way too intoxicated and having a blast. Danny T just kept on hitting us with nasty tracks and I have absolutely no complaints. The guy just grabs your soul and runs with it,lol. The music was so good that i didn't leave till 12. Next time Danny spins, i'm there unconditionally.

i hear ya bro i was intoxicated like a mofo as well.... fun times :)

Guest durrtylexx

Werd..I had an out of body experince on Friday Night. Danny's music had me on a different plain..It was nice hanging with the Junkies once again..The ladies are absolutely beautiful.The guys well you mofo's are cool as fcuk. Hopefully a club down here will give Danny a quaterly residency.Perhaps eNVy or Nocturnal.I ran into so many people that I haven't seen in a long time, and they told me the same thing I'm hear for Danny point blank..I haven't heard good dark house in a long time..Norah you missed out.

Guest purplealien

bling instead of pandering to these pigeons, why don't you post if the club was packed? the vibe? did dt talk? crowd?

review sucks. it's like who you saw, not what you saw.

" you mean "heard" , right??? let's talk about the music!! this is my first time posting here. im back in nyc and heard that this party was amazing.. i wish i had been there. . i think as long as danny stays around it will keep south beach on its beats and get people back to real music.. agree? im envious of you guys today... (pardon the "envy" pun.. )

Guest purplealien

that was an excellent review.. before you know it danny will out the tweakers etc.. and leave room for the real music lovers.. from what i understand there werent very many people looking around on the floor for their missing pipes... he draws an awesome crowd..most of the time.. was the music anything like his set at envy for WMC. did he make and "subliminal" announcements about any upcoming "in the know" events he is doing? last time i heard him was about a month ago at this spot in Queens.. that was religion.. i swear.. intimate and unbelievable music..

Now I don't know how true this is, but one of my buddies which is a staff member at Envy told me that the owners were so happy with the turnout (although they didn't have much time to promote) that they are going to book Danny more often. Personally, I think it would be a no-brainer to do that. Had they promoted this party at least a month in advance it would have been a lot more packed.

Guest somefiercehouse

Danny was SICK!!!!!! I got there around midnight or so, paid $25 to get in because they were holding people outside for awhile...no biggie. I wasn't really all that impressed with Bruno's set. When Danny came on it was definitly like the beginning of an whole new night! The club was not as packed as I (Or anyone else for that matter) thought it would have been. He didn't talk at all I don't think. I do remember at around 10 or so, I looked up there and he was eating some pizza and doing some wierd, funny dance kicking his feet in the air. After the club filtered out a bit, the vibe was MUCH stronger....at about 9:00 the people that were there were hardcore Danny Fans...give or take a few lost souls. The song with the storm was very very cool....it was like the atmosphere in the club actually changed into a storm or something. He threw down a SICK remix of Personal Jesus, a really funny down tempo song about rolling a joint, and......COME ON DANCE WITH ME, MOVE YOUR BODY DANCE WITH ME.....I was lovin it! We left around 11 and my friends stayed til about 1 and they said he was still throwin it down. I got a chance to meet him and say hi too at the end which was very cool. It was definitly a great experience I would do over and over and over again.

Guest web_norah

Was anyone there when the 7 foot drag queen Wanda walked in? i heard she went into the dj booth :o

Guest web_norah

COME ON DANCE WITH ME, MOVE YOUR BODY DANCE WITH ME

age of love - age of love .. classsic!

were you there Ramon?

classics hour starts in the morning............. :)

Guest purplealien

Danny was SICK!!!!!! I got there around midnight or so, paid $25 to get in because they were holding people outside for awhile...no biggie. I wasn't really all that impressed with Bruno's set. When Danny came on it was definitly like the beginning of an whole new night! The club was not as packed as I (Or anyone else for that matter) thought it would have been. He didn't talk at all I don't think. I do remember at around 10 or so, I looked up there and he was eating some pizza and doing some wierd, funny dance kicking his feet in the air. After the club filtered out a bit, the vibe was MUCH stronger....at about 9:00 the people that were there were hardcore Danny Fans...give or take a few lost souls. The song with the storm was very very cool....it was like the atmosphere in the club actually changed into a storm or something. He threw down a SICK remix of Personal Jesus, a really funny down tempo song about rolling a joint, and......COME ON DANCE WITH ME, MOVE YOUR BODY DANCE WITH ME.....I was lovin it! We left around 11 and my friends stayed til about 1 and they said he was still throwin it down. I got a chance to meet him and say hi too at the end which was very cool. It was definitly a great experience I would do over and over and over again.

that sounds like the danny i know.. its so awesome that he interacts at times, actually most of the time he does, he educates you, tells you what you may feel from certain tracks. to pay attention to where they take you.. etc.. the storm song.. he used to play something similar to that at vinyl in nyc.... at the end and he always put on the little tiny white lights, dropped balloons and confetti.. it sounds a bit "hokey pokey" but it was magical.. that is back when he played kings of tomorrow and the storm music, then the atmosphere change and then be yourself.. sad day when that party closed... we have to revive it miami.. make an afternoon party like they used to .. very urban and for music lovers.. the ones that throw the powder down on the dance floor so they can get a good slide. ha ha.

Guest purplealien

Was anyone there when the 7 foot drag queen Wanda walked in? i heard she went into the dj booth :o

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... what a buzz kill just hearing that.. what a prick!! and i can say it.. i earned it when i kicked her ass at Rain a few years ago for being so damn rude to my friend johnny and his girlfreind... and im just a small chic.. but i was not having it.. where was alan t..??? dream on wanda... sure bert..you are a star. sorry..that was mean.. wont happen again..