Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lance makes history

Guest JMT

Guest bcnjunkie

All we have here is a couple of American chauvanists demonstrating why these French people hate us. Then we act all surprised and call them names. Classic.

Fundamental inability to empathize with another person. See also: "character flaw".

I'm hardly a chauvanist.

Guest JMT
Then this guy who is clearly no pussy shows up to crush them yet again on their home turf with his bicycle.

for some reason that line gave me nice chuckle ;D

Not for nothing... but are you American? I thought you were from Spain? I only ask because if you are not from the USA, maybe that is why they were nice to you over there.

I've met quite a few frenchmen in my life. None have ever impressed me.

I tried to modify my post but deleted it by accident... :-[

anyway, im not from Spain, however I've spent a lot of time in Europe -- and just dont find the French to be as nasty as everyone here presumes they are. The vast majority of people in the US base their opinions on what they read or see in the media.

Yes, French people are often arrogant, snotty and pretentious. Umm last time I checked we were kinda arrogant and snotty as well. If anything, y'all are ironically being critical of traits that are predominant in our society too! Even more so, actually.

I base my opinion not on what i read or see in the media, I base it on personal contact for the last 12 years with the french. Business, friendship, relationships and general close contact. Apples to apples, well educated Americans are by far more sensible and civilized than well educted french. They hvae a chip on their shoulder about everything. They aren't nice people. I've met a myriad of french, very few (I can count with one hand) are worth anything. I work with them closely here, the worse by far ! I hate to categorize people and truly belive in equality. For years I always stood up for the french until finally I took the blindfold off and realized what they were about. The french are the most selfish culture in the world and probably the most racist !

did you ever consider that you're the prick and the french people youve come into contact with are just blowing you off? ;):D

and most racist? Have you ever even studied the fact of hoe much more open french society is to interracial relationships and marriage than we are here? Ever walked the streets of Paris and seen how many interracial couples there actually are? :-X

Guest bcnjunkie

Not for nothing... but are you American? I thought you were from Spain? I only ask because if you are not from the USA, maybe that is why they were nice to you over there.

I've met quite a few frenchmen in my life. None have ever impressed me.

I tried to modify my post but deleted it by accident... :-[

anyway, im not from Spain, however I've spent a lot of time in Europe -- and just dont find the French to be as nasty as everyone here presumes they are. The vast majority of people in the US base their opinions on what they read or see in the media.

Yes, French people are often arrogant, snotty and pretentious. Umm last time I checked we were kinda arrogant and snotty as well. If anything, y'all are ironically being critical of traits that are predominant in our society too! Even more so, actually.

I base my opinion not on what i read or see in the media, I base it on personal contact for the last 12 years with the french. Business, friendship, relationships and general close contact. Apples to apples, well educated Americans are by far more sensible and civilized than well educted french. They hvae a chip on their shoulder about everything. They aren't nice people. I've met a myriad of french, very few (I can count with one hand) are worth anything. I work with them closely here, the worse by far ! I hate to categorize people and truly belive in equality. For years I always stood up for the french until finally I took the blindfold off and realized what they were about. The french are the most selfish culture in the world and probably the most racist !

did you ever consider that you're the prick and the french people youve come into contact with are just blowing you off? ;):D

and most racist? Have you ever even studied the fact of hoe much more open french society is to interracial relationships and marriage than we are here? Ever walked the streets of Paris and seen how many interracial couples there actually are? :-X

ofcourse I saw all that, I lived, studied and worked there, FRANCE SUCKS ! and again, worked with people in the diplomatic level (DIPLOMATS YOU WOULD EXPECT TO BE WELL... DIPLOMATIC, THE FRENCH ARE NOT THEY ARE HORRIBLY NOT DIPLOMATIC AND RUDE)... again I go to the example of an Oplympic committee, you would think they would exude civility.... quite the opposite, loud and obnoxious and talking crap about the US in every aspect, not one but many. THE FRENCH SUCK !

Guest bcnjunkie

jorge you've turned into a 100% french basher. it's very un-becoming of you, you have much better things to share with us.

and I'm going after trancers next ;D, .... j/k

Guest endymion

French people have a lot of resentment toward Americans right now for totally valid reasons. So given that, if a French guy is a jerk to an American just because he's an American, does that make it justified? No, that French guy is still an asshole.

So how could we be anything less than assholes for pre-judging all French people just because they are French? Regardless of whether or not there are valid reasons to resent them. If you're a hater who automatically snubs people based on what country they are from then you're acting like a jerk. Valid justification for your attitude wouldn't change that fact even if it were hypothetically there.

Guest durrtylexx

jorge you've turned into a 100% french basher. it's very un-becoming of you, you have much better things to share with us.

and I'm going after trancers next ;D, .... j/k

ha ha

Guest bcnjunkie

French people have a lot of resentment toward Americans right now for totally valid reasons. So given that, if a French guy is a jerk to an American just because he's an American, does that make it justified? No, that French guy is still an asshole.

So how could we be anything less than assholes for pre-judging all French people just because they are French? Regardless of whether or not there are valid reasons to resent them. If you're a hater who automatically snubs people based on what country they are from then you're acting like a jerk. Valid justification for your attitude wouldn't change that fact even if it were hypothetically there.

It's not based on a single incident, it's based on multiple incidents with many many french people. Just like you don't like being treated badly or drive to anger, I don't either. I can't tell you how many times a French person has made me want to kick their ass (I'm not a violent person, anyone that knows me can tell you that), I could give you countless examples. I don't hate all french people but for the most part I can only say I've had negative experiences. THEY REALLY SUCK, and if you think I'm hater, you should see the french ;) plus I don't judge anyone by who they are, but I've always given the benfit of the doubt to the french ... they really do SUCK

Guest endymion

A French guy works the door at Mango's Tropical Cafe or something, gets to deal with lots and lots of loud, arrogant idiot Americans on a daily basis. Decides that all Americans suck. I say hello as I pass him by the oranges at Publix and he glares at me and snickers under my breath because I'm an American and all Americans are loud, arrogant idiots.

That French guy is an asshole even though his attitude has basis.

Guest bcnjunkie

A French guy works the door at Mango's Tropical Cafe or something, gets to deal with lots and lots of loud, arrogant idiot Americans on a daily basis. Decides that all Americans suck. I say hello as I pass him by the oranges at Publix and he glares at me and snickers under my breath because I'm an American and all Americans are loud, arrogant idiots.

That French guy is an asshole even though his attitude has basis.

the people going to mango's are hardly part of the diplomatic corps or an olympic committee

Guest endymion

Goes toward basis for your opinion. Doesn't justify acting like a jerk to any random French person.

Guest bcnjunkie

Goes toward basis for your opinion. Doesn't justify acting like a jerk to any random French person.

I don't act like jerk with french people !, I just not rather hang with them. I have never treated anybody any different because of where they're from, they do however !, THE SUCK

Guest bcnjunkie

there's a lot of stuff I like that's french... wine for example .. some Saint Emilion's are delicious and I'm really digging some bordeaux's I recently bought and chateau neuf de pape ROCKS. I like champagne, especially in this heat !. Some of my favorite cheeses are french (Saint Andre, Morbier, Montrachet and some of the sharp blues). some of my favorite DJ's and producers, Laurent Garnier (I used to go see him on thursday's for his Storm parties at the Rex back in the day), Martin Solveig, Bob Sinclair, etc.... I won't stop buying wine or cheese or call french fries freedom fries, THAT'S STUPID !! but the reality is French people, for the most part, aren't well mannered nice people !, sorry, dealt with best to the worst and they simply are not !, and when they are it's really forced and fake. They really aren't good natured people !

Guest JMT

all i know is that i am 100% behind a congressional bill to use tax dollars for any family that wants to exhume and bring home their grandfather or relative who was killed while storming the beaches and unfortunately had their remains buried in the asshole of europe. the graves have been occasionally vandalized by some ungrateful eurotrash and families should have the option. the "Hero's Repatriation Act" was proposed for this in 2003 but never received much attention.

all i know is that i am 100% behind a congressional bill to use tax dollars for any family that wants to exhume and bring home their grandfather or relative who was killed while storming the beaches and unfortunately had their remains buried in the asshole of europe. the graves have been occasionally vandalized by some ungrateful eurotrash and families should have the option. the "Hero's Repatriation Act" was proposed for this in 2003 but never received much attention.

quite interesting. i never knew of this.

Guest endymion

quite interesting. i never knew of this.

Me either. I was under the impression that it has always been an American military tradition to spare no expense in bringing bodies home? Except the Navy. I thought that there were teams at D-Day burying dead in temporary graveyards and that the bodies were later brought home?

Guest pod

Yeah, at the time, the governments of the countries were grateful for the deeds of the fallen US soldiers, and agreed to set up the cemetaries as part of a memorial.

Soldiers fall nowadays, they are shipped home and given a military funeral at no cost to the families.

Those acts of vandalism just go to show you that stupidity knows no nationality. People in Europe can be asinine as well.