Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cedric who?

Guest mikepayne

Guest colbyreese

well, for those of you who made it to space on saturday know that cedric rocked the main room til 3am when he stepped out of the booth- the place was going off at 12:30am- unusually early. he did not play the commercial stuff you might have heard at crobar on a saturday, he is going to work out well with the other residents and the night went very well....

colby

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deesoulrelic

as a producer ralph gets props as a dj hes aight. iv heard him train wreck 2 .i think maybe its that oscar rocks so hard its hard to keep up being the other half of murk

they each have there moments

Guest colbyreese

ralph is a great producer and dj, along with oscar. i have worked with both of them, they are both really nice people and down to earth, best of luck to ralph at crobar on saturdays

Guest deesoulrelic

best of luck to ralph at crobar on saturdays

best to both of ralph and ced its all ready shakin stuff up no matter who u like better

Guest eKiTeL

even typing in Murk Records it doesn't come in anywhere near the top of google, I've noticed this with most record label and dj sites... the simple solution of course is free search engine submission, http://www.addme.com/ is a good one... now that won't put you at the top for when people search terms like House or Techno, but if they type your exact dj name or record label name into google then your site will be the first on the list!

There we go. =) Shame that searching for "Ralph Falcon" and/or "Oscar G" on Google doesn't bring up that site anywhere (at least not in the first 30 results for either search). You guys might want to put some text or meta tags on there that a search engine can parse to improve your chances of being found on a search. Chances are since the Murk site is all flash, Google just has no idea what the hell content is on the site.

Guest mikepayne

even typing in Murk Records it doesn't come in anywhere near the top of google, I've noticed this with most record label and dj sites... the simple solution of course is free search engine submission, http://www.addme.com/ is a good one... now that won't put you at the top for when people search terms like House or Techno, but if they type your exact dj name or record label name into google then your site will be the first on the list!

Realistically, that service still won't do much for you if your site has nothing on it to parse. You need meta tags, and ideally you should have an HTML version of your site that is ready for spidering.

Guest eKiTeL

yes of course, I meant in addition to what you already said about the meta tags.... :)

Realistically, that service still won't do much for you if your site has nothing on it to parse. You need meta tags, and ideally you should have an HTML version of your site that is ready for spidering.

thats weird...when I type my name on google my site is the first one there...

WWW.DJOSCARG.COM

anyway...you guys should know that most of us "local" djs are friendly and respect eachother (no matter where our careers may take us)

as a matter of fact some of my best friends are DJs (Ralph, Stryke, Edgar, Roly etc.)

We know how to keep business seperate from our personal relationships and never let that interfere..

Space and Crobar both win in this situation!!

This pic is from Pacha, Ibiza a few years ago...I thought it was fitting on this thread ;D

DSC00064.jpg

Guest spaceowner

anyway...you guys should know that most of us "local" djs

This pic is from Pacha, Ibiza a few years ago...I thought it was fitting on this thread ;D

DSC00064.jpg

THAT'S RIGHT! AND DON'T FORGET TO TELL THEM WHO TOOK THAT PICTURE.

Guest pod

You finally took my advice and posted over here, spaceowner. ;D

025.jpg

photographic proof that in the end, everyone gets along. 8)

Guest mikepayne

WWW.DJOSCARG.COM

I meant the murk site, not your site in particular. Searching for Ralph or yourself doesn't turn up the Murk site.

In any case, I didn't intend to start a flame war with this thread, I just thought Ralph tore it up on Saturday night.

WWW.DJOSCARG.COM

anyway...you guys should know that most of us "local" djs are friendly and respect eachother (no matter where our careers may take us)

as a matter of fact some of my best friends are DJs (Ralph, Stryke, Edgar, Roly etc.)

That's true, I've met Oscar, Stryke, Cue ,Stephan Luke and Ivano and they are all friendly peeps. Let's not even talk about Roly, he is just straight up one of the coolest, most down to earth cats. No complaints, these guys are class acts.

Guest eKiTeL
(FYI MURK came up in the top 5 when I tried! ;) )

you're right, but if you type "murk records" it doesn't come up until the second page of results... search engines are kind of weird, it helps to have other sites linking to yours, and even with the free search engine submission I mentioned it takes a couple of months before your site starts coming up at all, anyway the murk site seems to be doing a lot better in google than a lot of other label/dj sites I've tried to find lately

• 1 month later...
Guest DjReligion

my take on Cedric: he was going in the right direction until he started getting cocky. I would have to hear him at Space, perhaps he has actually taken the time to review his programming. The last time I heard him spin, I left crobar, I couldn't take the set. The track selection sounded random and the beat pairing was poorly done, mixing was below average. I haven't heard Cedric do a nice set in a long time. He played all the wrong tracks opening for Tom Stephan. He needs to stop playing Mr.Scene and concentrate on spinning. As of right now, he doesn't touch Ralph Falcon. Cedric has had the most trainwrecks of any DJ I've heard in Miami. He has the potential, he needs to apply a bit, that's all.

I do think the same thing, he has great potential, he is young, talented, and definitely has good taste. He needs to come down to earth a bit more, it's good to be cocky sometimes, that shows that you are extremely sure of the direction you are going, but everything has a limit, specially when you are a dj, don't forget that you play for the masses, and if it wasn't for them none of you guys (djs) out there would be where you are right now. I remember like yesterday when he used to rock the decks at Crobar, with the monthly Origins parties. Gosh, thoughts of an awesome time. Just keep with the good work, it's good that this guy is now with the real pro's at Space, just be open to learn the ropes. And apply your knowledge to good things, your sets for example.

Guest Eddy Guerra

cedric rocks, point blank.. u might not like the way he played at crobar but every dj plays diffrent in every club, i bet u if u hear him at space u will never talk bad about him unles u r just a plain hater!

Guest durrtylexx

cedric rocks, point blank.. u might not like the way he played at crobar but every dj plays diffrent in every club, i bet u if u hear him at space u will never talk bad about him unles u r just a plain hater!

I heard them on Saturday..I must say Cedric rawked it...

Cedric would build it up and Oscar would tear it up...

They make a heck of team...

The pitbull mix by Oscar was quite entertaining the crowd ate it up...Other than that, they had the place on its feet..

Guest DjReligion

Eddy, I think you didn't read my post very well. I do like Cedric as a dj, and I have to admit that I like him better as a producer. I mean the kid has a lot of talent and really good taste (musically I mean). I'm not a Cedric hater, I was just trying to say that finally Cedric is playing with all the Miami pro's, what a pleasure, you know what I'm saying. He should definitely be open to new things, and stop being so cocky. He doesn't own the world, at least not yet. More power to the kid. That's it bro!!! get it now....And yes I liked him at Crobar, a lot!!

Guest andrew_thomas

to be honest i think ralphs track selection just puts oscars to shame..

ralph is always playing un known tracks and new released stuff, also he isnt afraid to throw some techno in ya face which he does every weekend showing south florida another side of club music, while oscar is still playing his darkbeat , allright and all this other commercial stuff that we all already know.(no offense to oscar hes still the man )

once crobar moves downtown (whenever that is)

i dont feel there will be a need for space anymore.

crobar has clubs in 3 major cities, djs will leave space flat on thier ass to get in woth crobar and get double or triple booked @ crobar

i say let space keep the PVDs and Tiestos , i hope crobar dont sell out to that cheese

to be honest i think ralphs track selection just puts oscars to shame..

ralph is always playing un known tracks and new released stuff, also he isnt afraid to throw some techno in ya face which he does every weekend showing south florida another side of club music, while oscar is still playing his darkbeat , allright and all this other commercial stuff that we all already know.

once crobar moves downtown (whenever that is)

i dont feel there will be a need for space anymore.

crobar has clubs in 3 major cities, djs will leave space flat on thier ass to get in woth crobar and get double or triple booked @ crobar

i say let space keep the PVDs and Tiestos , i hope crobar dont sell out to that cheese

You mean this guy?....

http://www.cooljunkie.com/images/contributors/danvidal/galleries/2004_august/2004_august_28/space/038.jpg

Guest mikepayne

Damn, I was hoping this thread would get buried, too many bad vibes...

Anyway, I haven't heard Cedric spin at Space yet, so I can't comment on it, but I'll admit I've heard from everyone I've asked that he's much better now than he was at crobar. Sometimes a change can do ya good.

However, I also agree with Andrew, Ralph's track selection is the best out of the three. Oscar's a very very very close second, but every time I've heard Ralph he's brought the shock and awe.