Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Another eloquent speech by our president

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

Bush misspeaks, says his administration seeking 'new ways to harm our country'

By Associated Press, 8/5/2004 13:48

WASHINGTON (AP) President Bush offered up a new entry for his catalog of "Bushisms" on Thursday, declaring that his administration will "never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people."

Bush misspoke as he delivered a speech at the signing ceremony for a $417 billion defense spending bill.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

No one in Bush's audience of military brass or Pentagon chiefs reacted.

The president was working his way toward a larger point. "We must never stop thinking about how best to defend our country. We must always be forward-thinking," he said.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said Bush's misstatement "just shows even the most straightforward and plain-spoken people misspeak."

"But the American people know this president speaks with clarity and conviction, and the terrorists know by his actions he means it," McClellan said.

Guest web_norah

oh yeah he sure speaks with lots of conviction -esp when it comes to spending more money on defense...what a tool

Guest swirlundergrounder

Have you guys also noticed that President Bush is the only president who has ever leaned on the podium in front of him while he is speaking. He always leans on his left elbow....

Guest web_norah

yeah the president cant speak to save his life (and most presidents have writers prepare their speeches).....

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

It's pretty obvious to anyone without an open mind what bush was trying to say here...He simply says that while the terrorists never stop thinking of ways to harm us, Neither does the government in trying to stop and deter future attacks.

Like the famous house song states...Let your mind be free....

Guest guyman1966

Just recieved my "W in '04" bumber sticker from President Bush. Nice letter thanking me for my support.

Guest lyrik

Is Bush smart enough to push a button? If so then I like him!

Now quiet you tree huggin hippies....don't you have some flags to burn and some hemp you could be making into a blanket or something?

I wonder if Kerry gets elected if he'll give a cabinet seat to Hanoi Jane Fonda?

Probably... :D

I feel Bush will not get reelected and I am fine by that as presidents must come and go and I have no political preference. But I sure hope Kerry delivers everything he promises...If not...It will be a long 4 years...

Guest web_norah

the president now sounds a lot like Dan Quayle to me.

and i dont think he was pushing a button ...sounded more like lack of public speaking skills :o