Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Breaking Nocturnal news... Edgar V....

V. Barbarino

any word on music policy?

i mean if they have a techno dj as a resident, i would assume they'll be bringing in the techno gods and such.

Again the dreaded "music policy" question raises its ugly head.

Here it is:

Our policy is to play quality music. We will not be limited to one sound or another. We will provide a real alternative musically to other venues in our area.

Don't "expect" anything based on what you've heard from Stryke or Edgar in the past. This marks the beginning of a new journey for them.

We'll be making some announcements in the next couple of weeks about guests and other residents. Some will surprise you. Just know that we are serious about the music and no matter if it's hip-hop, house, or any other genre...it will be quality music.

funny, you never mention classics.... >:(

i guess you have oscar g syndrome, you HATE CLASSICS!!!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest klubveteran

i mean if they have a techno dj as a resident, i would assume they'll be bringing in the techno gods and such.

Here it is:

Our policy is to play quality music. We will not be limited to one sound or another. We will provide a real alternative musically to other venues in our area.

Don't "expect" anything based on what you've heard from Stryke or Edgar in the past. This marks the beginning of a new journey for them.

We'll be making some announcements in the next couple of weeks about guests and other residents. Some will surprise you. Just know that we are serious about the music and no matter if it's hip-hop, house, or any other genre...it will be quality music.

a club i use to go from time to time ;) read "serious music for serious people" ;D im guessing Nocturnal will be more along the lines of that concept

Guest JustDade

Here it is:

a club i use to go from time to time ;) read "serious music for serious people" ;D im guessing Nocturnal will be more along the lines of that concept

Nelson, I would say "quality music for everyone". I think that people are serious enough at work and at home. When they go out they want fun.

Guest eKiTeL

If Aquabooty terrace happens, I think I will restart my afterhours days ! WOW !

I believe that's going to be during regular hours, and that's not confirmed or official, just a rumor, maybe I should have refrained from posting that, please disregard it, sorry...

Guest bcnjunkie

If Aquabooty terrace happens, I think I will restart my afterhours days ! WOW !

I believe that's going to be during regular hours, and that's not confirmed or official, just a rumor, maybe I should have refrained from posting that, please disregard it, sorry...

rumor or not, I'm just saying if it were to happen, I for one would probably be there a lot !

Guest ramon

Here it is:

sounds good to me :)

I'd love to see a night with DJ Shadow :)

Hmmm....guest DJ's...... why not Frankie Knuckles, Yousef, Charles Feelgood, Doc Martin.......Anybody listening? Dade? anybody? ???

Frankie tore it up @Nerve and packed the place, just imagine what he can do @NOC with the right promotion. Smooth deep soulful house with vocals and instruments... In other words REAL house. ;D ;D

Guest durrtylexx

Hey Nocturnal bring back Satoshi Tomiie or try something new w/James Holden..How about Dave Seaman or a night with LTJ Bukem ;D

Here it is:

As far as hip hop goes. If anybody in here knows anything about this genre, just the signing of DJ Craze alone should tell you that they are serious about being different. Craze does not play that watered down gangsta bling bling gold teeth recycled wanna-be hip-hop crap that 98% of hip hop clubs in miami play. He only spins authentic Hip-hop, he's from the old school and will annhilate just about anybody in a scratch competition. Even non hip hop fans can appreciate this stuff.

Guest durrtylexx

Hmmm....guest DJ's...... why not Frankie Knuckles, Yousef, Charles Feelgood, Doc Martin.......Anybody listening? Dade? anybody? ???

Frankie tore it up @Nerve and packed the place, just imagine what he can do @NOC with the right promotion. Smooth deep soulful house with vocals and instruments... In other words REAL house. ;D ;D

As far as real house I would love to see Peter Rauhofer or Junior Vasquez perhaps David Moralles or Master at Work down here!!

W/out it being an Anthem party :P

Guest durrtylexx

Here it is:

As far as hip hop goes. If anybody in here knows anything about this genre, just the signing of DJ Craze alone should tell you that they are serious about being different. Craze does not play that watered down gangsta bling bling gold teeth recycled wanna-be hip-hop crap that 98% of hip hop clubs in miami play. He only spins authentic Hip-hop, he's from the old school and will annhilate just about anybody in a scatch competition. Even non hip hop fans can appreciate this stuff.

Werd Craze is fucking nasty...The kid has skills..He's a retired DMC world Champion 3 years running ;D

Hopefully the Hip Hop room in Nocturnal,won't be as ghetto as Space's room either..

Here it is:

As far as hip hop goes. If anybody in here knows anything about this genre, just the signing of DJ Craze alone should tell you that they are serious about being different. Craze does not play that watered down gangsta bling bling gold teeth recycled wanna-be hip-hop crap that 98% of hip hop clubs in miami play. He only spins authentic Hip-hop, he's from the old school and will annhilate just about anybody in a scatch competition. Even non hip hop fans can appreciate this stuff.

Werd Craze is fucking nasty...The kid has skills..He's a retired DMC world Champion 3 years running ;D

Hopefully the Hip Hop room in Nocturnal,won't be as ghetto as Space's room either..

I seriously doubt it will be like Space's. I don't think Craze pulls that kind of crowd. Those savages don't listen to that kind of Hip-hop. lol ;)

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

LOL...people chill. We are all curious, but on cannot critique or question a clubs music that hasnt opened...let it happen and then form an opinion, no?

Guest durrtylexx

by the DJ's that are "going to be the residents" you can tell what kind of crowd will be there..plus its going to compete w/space therefore, it needs to draw a different crowd..

I care about what kind of crowd is at a club..

Guest pod

Not for nothing, but I'd like a bit more than "real house". Frankie, Yousef, Charles, and so forth are good DJs, but I'd like to see a good variety.

Personally what I'd be looking for is the "party". I've heard plenty of good DJs in recent history, but the crowd is a bunch of bobblehead trainspotters at best. Frankie and Charles being an exception, they had the energy way up...but seriously, I can only take about two hours of bobble-land before I get sick of it and go elsewhere, even if the DJ elsewhere is mediocre. My duties to the site basically demand it anyway. For that reason I haven't tossed up galleries of more than a few events lately. 20 images of the DJ is good for my stock archive, but terrible for the galleries. I want the good DJs and I want the interaction of the crowd. Recent DJs that have done that are Donald Glaude, Charles and Frankie like I said before, always with Roland and Oscar, and even Cedric had the crowd at Space up and at it.

Shawn has them tearing Amika apart on a weekly basis. I stop in all the time now.

Having new sounds is great and all, but in the end, you gotta give the place energy. I've been privy to some guests Nocturnal will have, and it will definitely be there!

Not for nothing, but I'd like a bit more than "real house". Frankie, Yousef, Charles, and so forth are good DJs, but I'd like to see a good variety.

Personally what I'd be looking for is the "party". I've heard plenty of good DJs in recent history, but the crowd is a bunch of bobblehead trainspotters at best. Frankie and Charles being an exception, they had the energy way up...but seriously, I can only take about two hours of bobble-land before I get sick of it and go elsewhere, even if the DJ elsewhere is mediocre. My duties to the site basically demand it anyway. For that reason I haven't tossed up galleries of more than a few events lately. 20 images of the DJ is good for my stock archive, but terrible for the galleries. I want the good DJs and I want the interaction of the crowd. Recent DJs that have done that are Donald Glaude, Charles and Frankie like I said before, always with Roland and Oscar, and even Cedric had the crowd at Space up and at it.

Shawn has them tearing Amika apart on a weekly basis. I stop in all the time now.

Having new sounds is great and all, but in the end, you gotta give the place energy. I've been privy to some guests Nocturnal will have, and it will definitely be there!

And yes ladies and gents, you have just gotten a taste of Pod when he is not BUDTOXICATED...

Guest pod

The post I wrote about quantum physics in Junkie Chat was done while quite hammered. ;D

I like good music like the rest of yous, what I abhor is when the crowd just stands there or consists of a bunch of trainspotters all night. I remember when the space behind the booth in crobar would be next to impossible to navigate since you'd have people spotting all night long. It still is crowded but the people are active and excited.

Get up, have fun, and stop worrying about every damn mix, track and trainwreck the DJ commits. I'm sure at the end of the night he or she could care less about the trainspotters too. They wanna see people having a good time, getting drunk, and getting it on to their tunes. ;D

I tell ya, if I was a DJ and two people started fucking right in the middle of my set, I would be honored.

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

I care about what kind of crowd is at a club..

So do I.......I go to a club to have fun, dance and chill. I really don't need to run into any gold teethed animals starting fights and screwing up the party over a chick.

And i thought Miami meant people were more laid back...lol