Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami Design District

Guest Megz84

Guest pod

Between NE 20th and 48th Street just west of US-1. Called 'Design District' because artsy types supposedly live there. There's a few galleries and shops, but the area has been a colossal flop for ten years now.

Guest coach

The District seems pretty decent, as well, but we've only been there for a special event, so I don't know how it is normally. But there aren't any "real" clubs there. The only hangouts are restaurant/lounges.

Guest pod

Normally it is so dead, even during daylight hours. Special events notwithstanding, and the few hangouts, it is slow. Most sensible people are opening their galleries and clubs closer to downtown to benefit from foot traffic.

Guest endymion

I/O is definitely a Design District kind of crowd, so yeah. Close enough. Check out the Beatcamp monthly if you're into drum & bass. Pop Life is a fun one for hanging with the art crowd. Speakeasy nights are very casual and chill.

And definitely check out the excellent pizza and sandwiches place right next door to I/O, PS14. They have a window that you can order food through from the back patio at I/O if you get hungry.

Went to "The District" on a Friday about 2 months ago. Music was what is trendy now, about 3 songs hip hop and then 1-2 songs of 80's rock.

While at The District I was checking out grass across the street and I saw about 10 guys to every girl going in and out. Heard it was way too hot in there. (Temp. I mean).

Remember it was Friday. Don't know too much about Saturdays.

Guest eKiTeL

Went to "The District" on a Friday about 2 months ago. Music was what is trendy now, about 3 songs hip hop and then 1-2 songs of 80's rock.

FM radio music is what I call it, can't wait for this trend to kill itself off and people are ready for real undergound music they never heard before again

Guest durrtylexx

Grass is nice, I've been there for a few parties..Its a risty blah blah skybar type of lounge/restaurant..My cousins go to Revolver and I/O..They've told me that Revolver is like going back to the 80's and I/O is a cool low down spot..I/O has rap. and electro on Fridays.I/O also has Le Spam Allstars on Thursday nights, if I'm not mistaken.I really want to check them out!!!.But both clubs tend to have young crowds.

Guest endymion

I/O also has Le Spam Allstars on Thursday nights, if I'm not mistaken.

Be on the lookout for Luke from 2 Live Crew with DJ Le Spam and the Spam Allstars soon. I'll post it and list it in our event listings once it's finalized.

Guest Megz84

I/O also has Le Spam Allstars on Thursday nights, if I'm not mistaken.

Be on the lookout for Luke from 2 Live Crew with DJ Le Spam and the Spam Allstars soon. I'll post it and list it in our event listings once it's finalized.

cool!