Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Charley inbound?

Guest pod

Guest LeVeL

3642790_200X150.jpg

Yup Charly is definetely coming it might not hit South Florida directly but there already is a Hurrican warning in the lower keys. The storm is expected to hit Friday and we might feel some of the Hurricanes bands.

Guest pod

Well the strike probability is rather low for our area, in the 20 to 49 percent range...at the most the storm hits Category One.

It is odd, every year the NWS says "it is gonna be a busy storm season", and we're already halfway through it without much activity.

Guest bcnjunkie

I thought this thread was about something else ..... lost interest ... sorry ! so we get hit by a hurricane, pfffft, big deal ! new roof for my house would be great !!!

Guest endymion

I am totally baffled that the weather nerds are so confident about the path of this storm. It's hundreds of miles away, how can they tell that it is going to miss Florida's ass but hit the Lower Keys? When they model storm paths further east the projections are normally like, "It might make landfall somewhere between Cuba and Canada, or maybe not, we're not really sure..." I don't get it.

I am totally baffled that the weather nerds are so confident about the path of this storm. It's hundreds of miles away, how can they tell that it is going to miss Florida's ass but hit the Lower Keys? When they model storm paths further east the projections are normally like, "It might make landfall somewhere between Cuba and Canada, or maybe not, we're not really sure..." I don't get it.

Based on weather patterns they simply trace out a track and have what they call an Area of Uncertaintity. Now it is their job to report that based on their model, we fall within this area of uncertaintity. Would you rather know two days before that a storm might be headed your way or just have the wind and tide surge tell you?

Guest endymion

I'm thrilled about the confidence that these guys have in their storm path projection. I've never seen the potential path so narrow. I'm just not clear on what's going on. I don't understand whether the computer models got more sophisticated since last hurricane season or whether the computers themselves are faster now or whether the atmospheric systems that this storm will travel through are simpler than the ones further out in the Atlantic, or what. I just don't get why the total confidence in such a narrow potential path.

Based on local news, there seems to be either an upper or lower system moving in from the North that has a bend in the Gulf from southwest to northeast. This will, according to them, deflect and suck the storm northeast heading our way.... ???

I hope this helps.

Guest vaughan

When they model storm paths further east the projections are normally like, "It might make landfall somewhere between Cuba and Canada, or maybe not, we're not really sure..."

It's called flipping a coin! ;D

Guest LeVeL

Based on local news, there seems to be either an upper or lower system moving in from the North that has a bend in the Gulf from southwest to northeast. This will, according to them, deflect and suck the storm northeast heading our way.... ???

I hope this helps.

Thanks Roland Steadham......... ;D

Guest ramon

Sorry pod, I like to get my weather information from Jackie Johnson rather than from you. :P

jackie johnson's been gone for a while

i saw her this mornin'

Guest macboy

Sorry pod, I like to get my weather information from Jackie Johnson rather than from you. :P

Are you a hater?? ???

She's still here and did the weather today. :)

i saw her this mornin'

i might be wrong....but i think it's another hot ho that is there. let's confirm tomorrow morning? ;D

Guest durrtylexx

Jackie Johnson is still around man o man she fucking hot she's a 9.0 in my book.Jackie Guerrido the channel 23 morning weather girl is rediculously hot aswell she's a 9.0 in my book.Oh yea the channel 10 weather girl has some tig ol bittites aswell.God DAYUM I love living in South FLorida land of Beautiful Women.!! ;D

Guest macboy

Jackie Johnson is still around man o man she fucking hot she's a 9.0 in my book.Jackie Guerrido the channel 23 morning weather girl is rediculously hot aswell she's a 9.0 in my book.Oh yea the channel 10 weather girl has some tig ol bittites aswell.God DAYUM I love living in South FLorida land of Beautiful Women.!! ;D

Finally saw the Channel 23 chica...HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

men are men we check out women 24/7

No shame in my game..

Call it what you will

it is what it is...

awwww dont make excuses sweetie it'll be ok. J/K

Guest bcnjunkie

You guys need to get laid if watching the weather turns you on.

aammmm if a Brad Pit-ish guy, all decked out was doing the weather I'm sure you would be clinging on to the TV. Hello !!they have their tits bursting out at you !!!!!!! Thank God for latin TV