Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Jersey Mayor Resigns Today for Having Same-Sex Affair

LESjunkie

This is big news in the northeast right now...James McGreevey just resigned citing an extramarital affair with another man. pretty crazy.

let's get the record straight before people start saying he resigned for being gay-- he resigned due to a culmination of scandals and now whatever comes from this (there is a lawsuit of some sort) also surely added. He's probably exasperated. too bad, he could have been a great symbol if he came out (on his own, without a scandal) and continued governing...

This is big news in the northeast right now...James McGreevey just resigned citing an extramarital affair with another man. pretty crazy.

let's get the record straight before people start saying he resigned for being gay-- he resigned due to a culmination of scandals and now whatever comes from this (there is a lawsuit of some sort) also surely added. He's probably exasperated. too bad, he could have been a great symbol if he came out (on his own, without a scandal) and continued governing...

dude, he resigned for BEING GAY!

I'M FROM NJ, AND DIDN'T vote FOR HIM. He was corrupt and had lots of scandals, but being a married father and govenor then committing adultery is a crime! and unethical, and shits on the sanctitiy of marriage. fuck hiim, and his kids and wife should just abondon him.

please don't spin it any other way, nj peeps would lynch a gay govenor..

dude, he resigned for BEING GAY!

I'M FROM NJ, AND DIDN'T vote FOR HIM. He was corrupt and had lots of scandals, but being a married father and govenor then committing adultery is a crime! and unethical, and shits on the sanctitiy of marriage. fuck hiim, and his kids and wife should just abondon him.

please don't spin it any other way, nj peeps would lynch a gay govenor..

not for BEING gay....he did not resign for that. he resigned for hiding it, and doing the adulterous things you mentioned---you're right, that is fucked up and unethical and I agree, his wife should leave him.

Guest macboy

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!! This is sick!!!! Before this guy was governor he was mayor of my parent's hometown. I met this guy a number of times. Even though I thought he was a bit slimy in his hirings of local city officials (relatives of big contributors), he always had the best interests in mind when it came to the township of Woodbridge.

Guest LeVeL

he resigned because there is talk he sexual harrassed his male assistant and he will sue.

And to think that just a couple days ago I had never heard of a man accusing another person of sexual herassment. This is totally a mad world.

It doesn't matter that he's gay.. its the fact that he hired his lover to work a position he couldn't handle... and when the affair ended, the lover decided to go public with sexual harrassment... thats how i understand it...

but what he did was wrong considering he has a wife and kids...

what a fucking tool!

It doesn't matter that he's gay.. its the fact that he hired his lover to work a position he couldn't handle... and when the affair ended, the lover decided to go public with sexual harrassment... thats how i understand it...

but what he did was wrong considering he has a wife and kids...

what a fucking tool!

Turns out the guy he was harassing wasn't even gay!

The plot unfolds....

and he tried to extort 50 MILLION DOLLARS!!!

you'd think he would have been a tad more reasonable.

It was only 5 mm wasn't it?

I don't think he was extorting either...from what I understand right up until McGreevey gave the speech, both sides had lawyers at his house trying to hammer out a settlement. He only went public because they couldn't reach one...

Guest JMT

and he tried to extort 50 MILLION DOLLARS!!!

you'd think he would have been a tad more reasonable.

It was only 5 mm wasn't it?

I don't think he was extorting either...from what I understand right up until McGreevey gave the speech, both sides had lawyers at his house trying to hammer out a settlement. He only went public because they couldn't reach one...

no, it was 50 million.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/14/governor.resigns.ap/index.html

only the aide's side is claiming it was a "settlement." and they now have to, to look innocent.