Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What network tv and house djs have in common, by the saleen.

V. Barbarino

They both are scavengers and not innovators. Their innovations died years ago, and now we are plaqued with copy cats and over saturation of particular tracks and shows.

So what has this done?

Well, network tv is in the dumps, so is new house and house djs, so Americans, just hit up classics night at clubs, and watch TBS for reruns of classics such as Seinfeld.

Can we say Cable TV and club closings?

Guest swirlundergrounder

I can see why you think that. House music on the East Coast is not as good as the house music on the West Coast...

Guest endymion

Where exactly are these teeming masses of American 'classics' house music fans? Are you absolutely certain that you're not projecting?

Where exactly are these teeming masses of American 'classics' house music fans? Are you absolutely certain that you're not projecting?

get your NYC peeps on the horn....

your boy Nick is just too nervous to do the classics party, but the saleen will proove him wrong for not doing it ;)

Guest endymion

One of the funniest things about having an entertainment lawyer sitting behind me all day is seeing the endless stream of people who are convinced that the whole world is into their little niche thing. Soca, Reggaeton, Latin rock, rock revival, house dance 'classics', the list has no end. All of these people are convinced that the whole world is about to give way to their style and we'll all be sorry for not jumping on it.

Brasilian liquidfunk drum & bass is the future man.

One of the funniest things about having an entertainment lawyer sitting behind me all day is seeing the endless stream of people who are convinced that the whole world is into their little niche thing. Soca, Reggaeton, Latin rock, rock revival, house dance 'classics', the list has no end. All of these people are convinced that the whole world is about to give way to their style and we'll all be sorry for not jumping on it.

Brasilian liquidfunk drum & bass is the future man.

my convictions are from experience. Ask any NYC clubber, classics night draws the biggest crowds. Miami is just years behind.

Guest endymion

my convictions are from experience. Ask any NYC clubber, classics night draws the biggest crowds. Miami is just years behind.

Grungy nasty over-the-hill live rock bands draw the biggest crowds in LA.

Relevance to the rest of the world: zero.

If DT does classics night in NYC, and lives in Miami, then why would classics night up there, not be relavant to classics night down here?

Trust me, Nocturnal is 100% doing classics night, and the saleen will be vindicated.

Guest durrtylexx

If you call it a Freestyle/House Classics night then it will draw a crowd...Diamond Girl would be nice to hear at a club...

If DT does classics night in NYC, and lives in Miami, then why would classics night up there, not be relavant to classics night down here?

Trust me, Nocturnal is 100% doing classics night, and the saleen will be vindicated.

i'll check out a classics night. but it better not suck.

Guest LeVeL

I don't know how they do it but DJ's in Europe draw stadium size crowds

Well because there is so much diversity in music overthere and there are more music lovers also. Over here its all house and the truth is not everyone like House here. The house dj's here play the same tracks everywhere. Its like all these reality shows now in days in network TV.

Guest ramon

if its not 80's , minimal or progressive its not 'cool' .. i find that hilarous but listen to the records coming out atm and let me know if they don't fit any of those categories.

Guest bcnjunkie

I have been to many events because I know what DJ's to look for to hear classics.... they are around, Salteen once again proves his lack of musical knwoledge... if he wants to hear classics they're out there here in Miami

Guest swirlundergrounder

I have been to many events because I know what DJ's to look for to hear classics.... they are around, Salteen once again proves his lack of musical knwoledge... if he wants to hear classics they're out there here in Miami

You called him Salteen? Like the cracker LOL

Guest Cosmigonon

If you call it a Freestyle/House Classics night then it will draw a crowd...Diamond Girl would be nice to hear at a club...

Now, that's a song I like... 8)