Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New club in downtown? Again?

240turbo

Ok.......... First we hear about that Club Metropolis joke that never opened up. I am now convinced that it was a hoax. Now what's this crap I hear about somebody opening up a club right next to Nocturnal, where the old Living Room used to be. I've been hearing this for weeks but now it's starting to itch. Has anybody heard about this? If you have, let it be known..... ???

Guest pod

Yeah that too.

But I think for now, the three in downtown are gonna suffice...well four since I/O is downtown but is technically outside of the 24 hour zone...but still, the market needs to settle and diversify a bit.

I think a bar, a restaurant, anything but a club would work fine in that building.

Guest pod

Yeah really. When the guy behind the whole damn thing says that, I'd be inclined to believe it.

Hey Emi, just so shit like this doesn't happen, you should post a little "downtown news" thing every so often. 8)

Guest durrtylexx

I know they're building a giant arcade, cause a buddy of mine has the contract to maintain and install the machines..He's working on that now..And I also know that they are building a bowling alley around there..Thats what I heard...

Guest pod

Arcade is right next to Space on the other side of it.

Bowling alley is a no go, it got canned last year. The alley was outside of the 24 hour zone anyway.

Guest durrtylexx

Bowling alley is a no go, it got canned last year. The alley was outside of the 24 hour zone anyway.

that sucks I like bowling

Guest pod

Yeah it does, but like a lot of projects downtown, the people behind it entered with a lot of good intentions but little thought in the execution.

"Build it and they will come" simply doesn't work in this town (or anywhere else), be it for music clubs, restaurants, bowling alleys, or anything else for that manner. Hell, a bunch of condoes near me are near-bankrupt due to crap like this.

hit me up rick! r u back?

I'm back man, but i'm just laying low for a while, believe it or not,lol. School's about to start and i'm enrolled full time. So i'm gonna need the extra time to study. Clubs,chicks and booze are going to have to take a back seat this semester. 8) . I'll hit you up.

Yeah it does, but like a lot of projects downtown, the people behind it entered with a lot of good intentions but little thought in the execution.

"Build it and they will come" simply doesn't work in this town (or anywhere else), be it for music clubs, restaurants, bowling alleys, or anything else for that manner. Hell, a bunch of condoes near me are near-bankrupt due to crap like this.

If anybody decides on opening something it must be unique and certainly cannot be a club. Well not now at least, there are two new venues opening up ( Players and Nocturnal) already.They need to give it some time for traffic to increase in downtown. The fight is going to be between NOC and SPACE. Any club that opens up right after NOC won't have a chance, point blank. NV is most likely to be doomed if they don't find a new approach to lure in new prospects.

arcade huh shweet. time to kick all ur butts in street fighter

HADOKEN!!!!!!! ;D

arcade huh shweet. time to kick all ur butts in street fighter

HADOKEN!!!!!!! ;D

If they put an arcade version of Gran Turismo 4, I'll have a new home, forget clubs, lol ;D

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

that sucks I like bowling

R u sure Players doesnt having bowling?

Guest bcnjunkie

Crobar downtown is happening, it will just take a while

Are you sure BCN? I thought that plan was scrapped. They still haven't done anything to the building. I guess they are waiting for NOC to bring more clubgoers.

pretty sure, but then again nothing is 100% in our nightcrawling city

Guest stryke303

ummm, GT4 is going to blow unlike the new king of racing games, Forza racing for xbox.. comes out in the next few months..

ps2 is for kids. xbox is serious shit! ;D

true true nick. forza will kick major ass, but don't discount the power of GT4. it's actually the only thing besides grand theft auto san andreas that i'm looking forward to on PS2. both my ps2 and game cube haven't been turned on all year. but the xbox is still going strong. are you on xbox live yet nick? halo 2 is around the corner ;)

ummm, GT4 is going to blow unlike the new king of racing games, Forza racing for xbox.. comes out in the next few months..

ps2 is for kids. xbox is serious shit! ;D

true true nick. forza will kick major ass, but don't discount the power of GT4. it's actually the only thing besides grand theft auto san andreas that i'm looking forward to on PS2. both my ps2 and game cube haven't been turned on all year. but the xbox is still going strong. are you on xbox live yet nick? halo 2 is around the corner ;)

we are waiting on halo 2 to get an xbox live acoount. Right now we play Gotham Racing 2 on xbconnect...

But forza is going to rock!!! GT4 may be awesome but the ps2 lacks power unlike xbox.