Clubplanet Nightlife Community

((TRIP THEORY LIVE!)) - AUG 28 - REVIEWS @ END OF THREAD...

euphoria954

for full info, visit

www.euphoriaproject.org/sanctuary/

sanc-sm.jpgsanc-bk-sm.jpg

tt-logo-tiny.jpg

Euphoria Project kicks it up a notch, and brings you...

T R I P T H E O R Y L I V E !

at Club X-it, Hollywood Florida,

Saturday, August 28th 2004.

THEIR FIRST LIVE VENUE PERFORMANCE IN OVER A YEAR!

South Florida hasn't had an opportunity to check out Trip Theory

at an intimate performance since Playskool 6 at the PAC, on July 19th 2003.

This group has developed a truly legendary reputation for their energetic

performance and their incredibly diverse array of dancefloor anthems!

Come see Trip Theory unleash the funk and drop the bass as they blow you away

with a vigorous set of oldschool gems as well as many of their newer releases!

The atmosphere and sound system at X-it simply CANNOT BE BEAT, so any fans

of this duo are strongly urged to experience what will doubtless prove to be a

highly memorable evening! Please arrive early: CAPACITY CROWDS EXPECTED!

Come help Trip Theory celebrate the GRAND OPENING of their

brand new two room ProTools/Cubase Recording Studio!

THIS IS NOT A PERFORMANCE YOU WANT TO MISS!

Here's the rest of the details for this evening:

...YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO ENTER OUR...

( ( S A N C T U A R Y ) )

A Euphoria Project Production.

[ SATURDAY, AUGUST 28th ]

[:ROOM ONE:] - (Feed Your Mind with Electro:Breaks)

1000-1100 - XCESSIVE HYPNOTIZM (Dj Xcess -vs- Dj Hypnosis)

1100-1230 - BIG BOY -vs- SCATTERBRAIN

1230-0115 - DJ DAGGER

0115-0215 - DJ STORM

0215-0315 - ( ( TRIP THEORY - LIVE PA! ) )

featuring DJ TRIP and DJ SUBLIMINAL (Inner Vision Music)

0315-0400 - ANIMAY

[:ROOM TWO:] - (A Unique Trance Formation)

1000-1040 - J-FORM (Oldschool Trance)

1040-1140 - DERANGED (Hard Trance)

1140-1240 - OBSESSION (Epic Trance/Progressive House)

1240-0100 - (( BEST DRESSED CONTEST! ))

0100-0200 - RANDOMBLARE (LIVE PA) (Psychedelic/Tribal Trance)

0200-0300 - ARJUNA (Psychedelic Trance/Goa)

0300-0400 - JUXT (Psychedelic/Hard Trance)

[:ROOM THREE:] - (The Phases of Drum & Bass)

1000-1130 - RAWTEE (Jungle/Tech Step)

1130-1230 - BURN (Drum & Bass)

1230-0130 - MIZZ K (Jump Up/Liquid Funk)

0130-0245 - SHADOW SPIRIT (Atmospheric DnB/Jazzy Jungle)

0245-0400 - LEX99 (Experimental/Atmospheric/IDM)

THIS IS A FULL-ON TOGA PARTY - ABSOLUTELY NO DRESS CODE!

THE EVENING'S THEME IS ANCIENT ROMAN/GREEK MYTHOLOGY.

COME DRESSED TO IMPRESS AS YOUR FAVORITE GOD OR GODDESS!

$250 IN CASH PRIZES FOR THE MOST UNIQUELY-DRESSED MEN & WOMEN!

Discounted Early Admission: ONLY $10 BEFORE 11PM!

$15 Before Midnight. - - $20 After Midnight.

18 and older welcome!

CLUB X-IT

219 North 21st Avenue

Hollywood, FL 33020

DIRECTIONS:

FROM MIAMI, TAKE I-95 NORTH

FROM PALM BEACH, TAKE I-95 SOUTH

EXIT @ HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD ((EAST))

(towards the beach)

Go around the first circle,

pass Dixie Highway and cross

over the tracks. MAKE A LEFT

AT NORTH 21ST AVENUE (the very

first street after the tracks!)

X-it is a two story building on the

right-hand side, just past the

American Legion building.

Entrance is through the lounge,

where Keith's Bar used to be.

Plenty of parking available,

the meters run 'til midnight,

after then it's free! :)

For more info on who we are and what we do, visit

http://www.EuphoriaProject.org/

Thanks for your support!

www.EuphoriaProject.org

www.FloridaBreaks.org

www.SouthFloridaRaves.com

www.RandomBlare.com

www.RaveFree.net

PEACE - LOVE - UNITY - RESPECT

SOUNDS LIKE A DRUGFEST

Sorry to disappoint you, hater, but not quite... it's an underground party, meaning we throw it down with vigor, passion, love and intensity. Lots of very chill, beautiful people having a kickass time without a lot of rules and boundaries, in a perfect atmosphere without an uptight management telling us what we can and cannot do. Not at all a drugfest - more like a freedom fest. We party hard and dance hard, but we also party free, grinning from ear to ear with no regrets whatsoever.

It's called freedom. The American way. :) Come check it out sometime, if you're tired of the "no jeans no shorts no t-shirts" mentality of the commercial club scene. We keep it real, no strings attached - and we ask and demand NOTHING of you, except to come as you are, and have a a good time enjoying some of the best music this world has to offer.

lateron

Mitch =O )

Guest mikepayne

Plus, there will be horny chics :D

Sheeeeeeeit, sign me up!!! ;D

Well, if there were a list for no cover, anyway. Don't think I'd get there by 12, and I've never been to X-it before so I'm not paying $20 to get in, that's for sure.

Guest DJTeKWReK

YOU FUCKIN PUSSIES!!!!! GET YOUR ASSES OUT TO THE UNDERGROUND AND SUPPORT THE BASE OF EDM!!!!!! plus, Trip Theory live is one of the sickest shows I've ever seen!!!!!!!! You're foolish not to go.

Guest mikepayne

Plus, there will be horny chics :D

Lots and lots of those :)

Shit, just in my crew alone there's six single hotties that I can think of... they're all a bit psychotic but what the heck, they're great in bed! ;D :P (god I hope none of them read this forum!) 8)

Well I know what crew I'm hanging out with if I go! ;D

I've never been to X-it before so I'm not paying $20 to get in, that's for sure.

We're throwing a much smaller, chillin' party this Saturday night called ELEMENTS... check the info out here...

Cover for that event's $10 all night long, so if you'd like to come by and check the venue out, please feel free! It goes from 10pm-4am, no headliners just a lot of talented DJs.

We'll only be using the two downstairs rooms but it'll give you a good feeling of the venue.

Personally, X-it is one of my absolute favorite clubs here in South Florida - one of those rare buildings that literally OOZES history: it was Hollywood's original Police Station and Town Hall back in the 1920's, and was a fully-operational brothel (whorehouse) from the 1940's all the way up to the 70's at which point it became a swinger's club. Since it's a historical building, they can't change any of the interior walls, so how it was back then is EXACTLY THE SAME as it is today. :)

It's really got one HELL of a kickass atmosphere, very comfortable and inviting: lots of polished teak and mahogany, ornate brass fixtures, marble floors, velvet sofas and gorgeous lighting effects... at the entrance there's this enormous crystal chandelier with mirrors on the ceilings and stained glass on the walls.

The whole place feels like you stepped back in time to a burlesque or a British pub from the early 1900s...

And aside from all that, the lineup is simply kickass. :)

lateron

Mitch =O )

Guest tres-b

Interestingly enough, the loft below mine was a swingers club for a period of time in the 90s. At least the new residents didnt have to drill holes for their swing.

Guest 420honey

SOUNDS LIKE A DRUGFEST

Sorry to disappoint you, hater, but not quite... it's an underground party, meaning we throw it down with vigor, passion, love and intensity. Lots of very chill, beautiful people having a kickass time without a lot of rules and boundaries, in a perfect atmosphere without an uptight management telling us what we can and cannot do. Not at all a drugfest - more like a freedom fest. We party hard and dance hard, but we also party free, grinning from ear to ear with no regrets whatsoever.

lateron

Mitch =O )

Look up the pictures from cosmic distortion on www.euphoriaproject.org and tell me this guy doesn't throw drugfests. There's always at least two pics of kids blowing eachother up. I don't know if any of you realize this but the DRUGS killed the scene. If you want to build it back up you've got to control it. Not post photos for the whole world to see of kids on x. So yes you are right, it sounds like a drug fest. Oh yeah, no BS a friend of mine went to x-it last saturday for a fetish party and someone put some shit in her drink, she passed out hit her head on the stage and got a concusion, and get this, she believes it was the bartender because she never left sight of her beer except for when the bartender had it. So you all becareful if you go to this place because it is very shady, and the vibe sucks there.

P.S. Why pay $20 to hear the same old songs that you have heard 8 million times, that sound better from the cd anyway, and come see the real mastermind behind the music THEORY LIVE! @ Bikini Bob's the night before this monstrasity. 18-20 $7 21+ free until midnight $3 after! Better music, better location, better deal. Trip and Subliminals BS won't beat that.

Trish

Guest aquabooty1078

LOL... I just went to this website and they took the pics down "due to unfortunate circumstances.... the days where we need to show the outside world what our parties are like is long past." Come on... ::)

LOL... I just went to this website and they took the pics down "due to unfortunate circumstances.... the days where we need to show the outside world what our parties are like is long past." Come on... ::)

Thank you! You took a fragment out of context to allow you to put things in a more negative light. The full paragraph reads: "Due to unfortunate circumstances, AND CERTAIN ELEMENTS OF OUR SCENE CAUSING NEEDLESS AND POINTLESS DRAMA, all photos have been removed from our website effective immediately."

Needless and pointless drama.

YES, there is drug use going on at our events. But no more than would occur at ANY such event, and certainly not in any greater proportion. We take the exact same measures as any large venue; providing adequate security based upon the crowd size, and immediately ejecting anyone we see openly using or dealing. 420honey (who is quite obviously NOT a sober individual herself) made this accusation of drug use in order to promote her event as an apparently clean and sober alternative to our party. That is of course, until you open your eyes and look at the facts:

1) The fact that her crew and our crew are part of the exact same scene.

2) Four of the DJs booked at her party are already an active part of the Euphoria Project booking roster.

3) Virtually everyone in her crew has partied alongside of ours, and several of them STILL DO.

Information taken out of context does WONDERS for trying to prove a point - until you read the full story, that is. Hence the reason I removed the photos from our website: The only purpose these pictures serve at the moment is to allow people to look at random single moments in time from a series of six-hour events. Taken out of context as 420honey did, she assumed there was a lot of drug use based upon the number candy kids at our events.

HOWEVER: just being a candy kid does NOT make a person a drug user - that's the kind of generalization that makes up a racist. I myself am completely sober, yet wear candy on a frequent basis. The only modes of mind-alteration I ever take part in are legal ones, and very infrequently at that. I used to have to be BLASTED in order to go out and have a good time - just like most of us did at one time or another. But we eventually grow out of that phase, and go on to be productive and positive in our lives.

THAT, my friends, is what the Euphoria Project is all about. We try and take the people in our scene and show them what a REAL PARTY is like. We put an extreme amount of time and effort into our events, attempting to craft a unique positive vibe that people can feel immediately upon arrival - without drugs. Our crew is devoted to making the most out of our events, making them stand out from the crowd and continually introducing new styles of music and new performers to a scene that has really grown quite stagnant in many ways.

Too many haters out there, too many people content with booking the same old same old, going to the same venues time and time again, listening to the same old music and never hearing anything new. The Euphoria Project is firmly committed to breaking the status quo, and we have apparently ruffled some feathers in that process. It seems we have managed to make some people feel quite threatened, and they have no problem taking things completely out of context in order to try and make it seem as if we are evil, mean, wicked and nasty.

Yes, obviously there are people who use drugs at our events. But there are people who use drugs everywhere. That fact is immaterial to this situation, because we as a crew are devoted to improving things at all cost. I appreciate the fervor and passion of 420honey, nden78, vanbuurenfan and other people like them, because their push to weaken the Euphoria Project only allows us to dedicate ourselves even more firmly to accomplishing our goals. If you have any questions or lingering doubts, please feel free to read:

The Four Elements of the Euphoria Project.

That single page will tell you everything you need to know about our crew, and in which direction our goals lie. Any questions or issues beyond that? Throw 'em up here!! As long as you don't take them out of context, I'm sure there won't be ANY honest doubt remaining.

Sincerely Yours,

Mitchell Waas

The Euphoria Project

Guest 420honey

I was not accusing candy kids of being excessive drug users, I happen to know a few candy kids who don't use drugs, and who are actually pretty cool. There was a picture of 3 people: 1) was sitting down on the stage with his eyes rollling in the back of his head, 2) the other kid was behind him rubbing his back, 3) this person had a vicks inhaler in her mouth and was giving the kid a light show.

I'm sorry but sober people don't do shit like that.

And on his comment about same old club, his parties are ALWAYS at x-it, and new music, he books the same local djs everytime.

I like these djs i have nothing agaisnt them, I only have something agaisnt Mitch because he flips everything I say around to make you people think I am a liar.

Guest 420honey

mitch waas said his crew members are good in bed!!!

YUCK!! there all 13 your like 49 you gross pig!!!

mitch your killing the scene you throw drug fest!!

telling everyone the sound system is good at x-it

ya right everyone knows it sucks why do you lie to these people!??

they are after all your cutomers,

charging them $20 at the door, and you only have acsess to half the club!

the scene is tired of people like you! stealing money from poor little ravers, to profit yourself!

thats just what the scene needs in its ding days!!

Ok folks, I'm not even going to bother responding to all this drama, either you're interested in going to my events or you're not.

These people obviously have no interest in doing anything but hurting the scene and spreading more lies and drama...

The work my friends and I do for the scene should speak for itself.

I cordially invite any doubters out there to our party this Saturday at X-it. Totally solid lineup for a VERY fair price considering what's being offered. If you have a problem with paying $20, just come out early and pay half price. Easily solved. :)

Hope to see you out there!

Yours,

Mitch =O )

Guest XxGrOoVeERICxX

Well, fuck all hating, non-sense bullshit....Trip Theory, it's been a while since I hear them. I'll be there for that 8)

Several bonuses you can expect at this Saturday's SANCTUARY:

1] A TOTAL OF TWENTY DJs in THREE ROOMS OF SOUND!!! ALL BREAKS & ELECTRO UPSTAIRS!! -- ALL TRANCE DOWNSTAIRS!! -- ALL DRUM & BASS IN THE LOUNGE! ...with Cobra DynaCord supplemental sound courtesy of Everlast Productions!

2] LIVE VISUALS in the downstairs main room as well as the lounge courtesy of Randomblare and Oddfellow! Also, check out Euphoria Project's own "House of Slack" visuals tape on all of the TV sets throughout the ENTIRE venue!

3] MC Duchess performing alongside DJ Storm, singing her track "SANCTUARY" - LIVE, for only the 2nd time ever! (First time was at Future Sound Of Breaks v1.0!)

4] DMT3 (DanceMusicTelevision3) recording Duchess' performance for a future DVD promo release!

5] Trip Theory's first live venue performance in over a year! Watch them unveil several brand new, completely original tracks! Also, be sure you're around for the end of their set for an incredibly unique and special surprise!

6] Lots of cute guys and girls in skimpy outfits & togas! :) :-P 8-)

7] Tons of freebies and CD giveaways!!

8] FREE FRESH FRUIT BAR DOWNSTAIRS, and several gigantic bowls of candy and lollipops scattered throughout the club!

9] Best dressed contest for the most intriguing costume! Put a little time and effort (not necessarily money, just some thought & imagination) and you WILL be rewarded! We will judge the two best guys AND the two best ladies, with $50 going to the two best and $25 going to the two runners up ($150 total cash prizes). NOTE: This party is themed "Ancient Rome and Greece", so you can come in a toga, a loincloth, dress up as a gladiator or serving wench, or come dressed to impress as your favorite god or goddess! (I REALLY HOPE TO SEE SOMEONE COME DRESSED AS MEDUSA!! :) :) :)

10] Tons, literal boatloads of decorations every which way you turn!

11] The fantastic, uplifting, totally chill vibe, and the amazingly friendly crowd that you've come to expect at EVERY SINGLE EUPHORIA PROJECT PARTY!

:)

PEACE - LOVE - UNITY - RESPECT.

lateron

Mitch! =O )