Clubplanet Nightlife Community

And quite possibly, next weekend may be ruined as well

Guest r3nz0

Guest r3nz0

>:(

Hurricane Ivan explodes into a major hurricane

By MARTIN MERZER

Yes, another one is out there -- and it suddenly detonated into a major hurricane this afternoon in the distant Atlantic Ocean.

The fifth hurricane of the season posed no immediate threat to South Florida, but forecasters said residents of the Caribbean islands -- including those in the Dominican Republic and Haiti -- had to watch it closely.

''Satellite images indicate that Ivan has intensified significantly over the past several hours and it is now a Category 3 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson hurricane scale,'' forecaster Richard Pasch of the National Hurricane Center in West Miami-Dade County said in a special bulletin issued at 1 p.m.

He said its winds had grown to 115 mph and could grow to 140 by Monday.

''Watches may be required for portions of the Windward Islands later today,'' he said. ``Interests in the Lesser Antilles should monitor the progress of Ivan.''

Long-range forecasts, subject to error, had it sweeping through the outer arc of Caribbean islands Tuesday and crashing into the Dominican Republic and Haiti as an intenseCategory 4 hurricane Thursday.

At 1 p.m. EDT, Ivan's center was located near latitude 10.1 north, longitude 46.6 west or about 995 miles east of Barbados and 2,450 miles from South Florida.

Ivan was moving west at 21 mph. A gradual turn toward the west-northwest was expected during the next 24 hours.

Guest swirlundergrounder

what sucks is this storm is much more south then frances was and if it hits our area it will be more of a keys/dade county storm :(

Or if it hits the Keys we'll get the worst of it here in the Miami area....I just spent last weekend in a hotel room out in Bonita Springs...I don't want to go back....

Guest swirlundergrounder

thanks a lot for those wonderful news Renzo ..

Maybe Renzo can go into the hurricane and ask it what it wants.....

Guest Diabolique

well, this gives us some time to get those things that were out of stock with last weeks mad dash...

This season is one of the heaviest I've ever experienced in my years of living in FL... I can't wait til it's over!!! ;)

Guest rollyp66

We've been through them before, and they will continue to come until they find a way to blow them up in the middle of the ocean. I'm sure the technology is out there but who knows what else our government hides from us.

??? ???

We've been through them before, and they will continue to come until they find a way to blow them up in the middle of the ocean. I'm sure the technology is out there but who knows what else our government hides from us.

??? ???

The Government hides a crapload of stuff from us. They just brainwash us via the media and other dirty mind controlling techniques to keep us ignorant. Keep the masses ignorant and ream them in the process. It's called "social engineering". For a more accurate description of what our government hides from us you should check out this book called " Behold a pale horse" By Milton William Cooper. He was an ex- Naval Intelligence Briefing Member and was reavealing so much about the goverment's dirty tactics that several attempts on his life were made until they finally murdered him in 1991.

Guest pod

The government may hide things from the people, but weather control isn't one of them. Do you realize the energy required to dissipate a hurricane?

Guest sobe2004

Anybody know where I can get "C" batteries? I havent been able to find them in Broward or Palm Beach County. ::)

I will trade you some "C"'s for your DD's . . . :)