Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thank you Nocturnal

Guest durrtylexx

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cosmigonon

I'm not really excited about Nocturnal, maybe if the competition makes the prices go down, then I'll be happy, but it seems to me nocturnal is gonna be very expensive... :(

I guess there's always one...

Let me get this straight...you're not excited about Nocturnal because you think it's going to be expensive? That may be the funniest thing I've heard in years. You're right...it's the most expensive club ever built. It has the most expensive sound system you've ever heard. Everything about it is expensive. And still it won't cost any more to go there than any other club in Downtown. How 'bout that?

But if you're still worried about it, there's always another option...

I'm excited God Damnit! Besides like POD was saying before there are ways to cut the expenses for a night out down a bit and you have always been more then generous with your patrons in the past - NOW - bring Mark Farina for the love of God!

Thanks for remembering. The truth is that it's tough to strike thebalance between being reasonable and being overpriced. Sometimes people forget that this is our business and if we don't make money...it's ova. We have had several meetings recently about prices for cover and drinks and have all agreed that we want to be fair and reasonable. Unfortunately, there are always going to be people who think we're too expensive. What I don't understand is taking that attitude before we even open.

Well, I'm not excited, so what am I suppossed to do, fake it??

It's always been said that the place will be aimed to a little bit more upscale crowd than Space's, so is it far too fetched for me to think that it is gonna be more expensive? ::)

I will definitely check it out, i want to, I'm just not gonna go when it opens, 'cause i'm sure EEEEVERYBODY is gonna go for opening night, so is gonna be crowded as hell, and I'm not into dancing in a 2 ft2 area, so I'll most likely end up going when the tide goes back to normal :P

Guest mikepayne

It's always been said that the place will be aimed to a little bit more upscale crowd than Space's, so is it far too fetched for me to think that it is gonna be more expensive? ::)

Crobar is much more upscale than Space, but less expensive, in my experience. They don't necessarily go hand in hand.

Guest JustDade

You're entitled to be as unexcited as you wish. It's true that we are building a very posh, "upscale" venue. It's not true that we're going to rape people on drink or cover prices.

Guest Cosmigonon

Opening nights are fun Cosmigognon. You totally miss out if you don't go.

Well, maybe as the day approaches, everybody will talk about it, and I'll get excited, and I'll end up going ;D

But who knows, all I said is that at this very moment i'm just not feeling it :P

Well, maybe as the day approaches, everybody will talk about it, and I'll get excited, and I'll end up going ;D

But who knows, all I said is that at this very moment i'm just not feeling it :P

Josh, just wait till you hear some "real house" through that funktion one sound system, it's gonna blow you away. I remember Dade telling me that it's loud, punchy and clear yet does not leave your ears ringing. Can't say the same about the system @Space.

dude go, u'll get to take off ur shirt in the patio just like @ space's patio... ;)

Guest Cosmigonon

dude go, u'll get to take off ur shirt in the patio just like @ space's patio... ;)

REALLYYYYY!! Count me in then... :P

Guest musicalmissionary

felix da housecat

10.29.04 Nocturnal (Miami, FL)

baby anne

10.31.04 Nocturnal (Miami, FL

Didn't bother to read this whole thread since it's so long. Just one question (which might have already been asked and answered).....

Are these dates still firm? I heard from a reliabe source that the recent hurricanes pushed the construction (including delivery of key elements of the club) back a few weeks from it's initial opening date, which I heard to be 10.22/23.04. I'm not trying to spread malicious rumors, as I am just as excited as anyone about this club opening up, just asking a reasonable question about the firmness of these dates?

Guest JustDade

The honest answer is that we're not sure. We had to prepare the building for Frances and removed all the materials, welding equipment, generators. When that storm didn't hit we still had to worry about Ivan so we didn't fully re-mobilize. The end result was that we did lose some time. The good news is that we believe we will be able to make up most, if not all, of the time. We will know exactly where we stand on Monday and I'll keep you all informed.

BTW POD - come by and shoot some shots.

Guest lyrik

The honest answer is that we're not sure. We had to prepare the building for Frances and removed all the materials, welding equipment, generators. When that storm didn't hit we still had to worry about Ivan so we didn't fully re-mobilize. The end result was that we did lose some time. The good news is that we believe we will be able to make up most, if not all, of the time. We will know exactly where we stand on Monday and I'll keep you all informed.

Honestly - thinking about it I believe you guys are doing it right. I mean we have all been talking the when's and who's for long time now and some getting a little impatient and loads of speculation here and there....it actually makes me more confident that you guys are taking the time to make sure its all done right and not pushing and cutting corners to try and open as soon as possible (like others have done in the past). It shows that there is more than just financial interest in the venture. Of course I also believe that you guys feel if you do take your time and ensure its done right it will pay more dividends in the long run as opposed to if you hurried through things and rushed to open just so you could take advantage of the hype and "cash in" so to speak. It shows a dedication to what you believe in and sends a message that this club isn't going to be just another fly by night establishment opening 3 weeks after someone else just went bankrupt in the same location. So I am willing to wait for a polished and quality product, rather than being served up some recycled plan for a clubbing experience.

Guest JustDade

Honestly - thinking about it I believe you guys are doing it right. I mean we have all been talking the when's and who's for long time now and some getting a little impatient and loads of speculation here and there....it actually makes me more confident that you guys are taking the time to make sure its all done right and not pushing and cutting corners to try and open as soon as possible (like others have done in the past). It shows that there is more than just financial interest in the venture. Of course I also believe that you guys feel if you do take your time and ensure its done right it will pay more dividends in the long run as opposed to if you hurried through things and rushed to open just so you could take advantage of the hype and "cash in" so to speak. It shows a dedication to what you believe in and sends a message that this club isn't going to be just another fly by night establishment opening 3 weeks after someone else just went bankrupt in the same location. So I am willing to wait for a polished and quality product, rather than being served up some recycled plan for a clubbing experience.

Thanks, Lyrik. I wish everyone would see it that way. A lot of what we're doing has never been done before and it has to be done right or it's a waste of time and money. I can say with no reservation that this will be a venue unlike any you've seen before. Polished doesn't even come close to describing this place. Thanks for the kind words and stay tuned...it's close.