Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lauderdale

Guest bcnjunkie

Guest bcnjunkie

If Liquordale is the bomb how come beautiful spaces like Karma with good music and no cover, can't get a decent crowd ? The last time I was at Karma at least three groups of people walked in and literally said, "They play that techno stuff" (ps. they were playing deep house) then immediately left. Saw the same chicks at a hip hop club down the street. Lauderdale is as ghetto as it comes. Last time I went to voodoo, not only was the crowd nasty but main room was empty and hiphop room was jam packed.

Guest swirlundergrounder

If Liquordale is the bomb how come beautiful spaces like Karma with good music and no cover, can't get a decent crowd ? The last time I was at Karma at least three groups of people walked in and literally said, "They play that techno stuff" (ps. they were playing deep house) then immediately left. Saw the same chicks at a hip hop club down the street. Lauderdale is as ghetto as it comes. Last time I went to voodoo, not only was the crowd nasty but main room was empty and hiphop room was jam packed.

Karma was really packed last Saturday. Check out the reviews on the recent thread titled "Karma Lounge Presents Deep Analysis with Terry Jasinto Saturday Sept 18th"

Guest swirlundergrounder

1. location (but a temp issue)

2. managment has pissed off so many, that we simply don't go back

3. in a year or so, when those condos are all done, watch out, karma will bank...

Karma banked on Saturday....Dean the manager of Karma said that they had a very strong week last week suspecting that the slow season is coming to an end.....

Guest Cosmigonon

1. location (but a temp issue)

2. managment has pissed off so many, that we simply don't go back

3. in a year or so, when those condos are all done, watch out, karma will bank...

Karma banked on Saturday....Dean the manager of Karma said that they had a very strong week last week suspecting that the slow season is coming to an end.....

That's right. When I walked in at around 11.30, it was semi-empty, and I thought it wasn't gonna get better, but an hour later it was packed.

Guest durrtylexx

Lauderdale has its good with its bad..Yes Karma is the only decent place..but the drink specials and the no hassle come as you are bars are appreciated..Sometimes, I dont feel like going to South Beach and have to deal with snobby door people or stuck up chics..I can go to Lauderdale, meet a chic have a drink and not talk about drugs or how cool the vip room is in a club..I'll go to South Beach for the music and Ft.Lauderdale for the women..

Guest jbit

ever since the edge/chilli peper went under lauderdale has been fickle with the elcetronic scene. people here accept dance music kicking and screaming it seems. it sux because you just done get the big names here (and please dont bring up that voodoo has icey or baby anne on fridays, that doesn't count).

Guest Cosmigonon

ever since the edge/chilli peper went under lauderdale has been fickle with the elcetronic scene. people here accept dance music kicking and screaming it seems. it sux because you just done get the big names here (and please dont bring up that voodoo has icey or baby anne on fridays, that doesn't count).

where was the chili pepper anyway ???

Guest Cosmigonon

the big building behind voodoo and tantra.

What's there now?

oops, i meant Sutra, not Tantra.

near the railroad tracks at Riverfront, downtown.

Yeah, but what is in that building right now, so I can recognize it...

icey

baby ane

oscar g

roland

jhonny vicious

hex hector

edgar v

not a bad line up...

I'd take this lineup over any thing on the beach..

Guest aj2234

right now the building is green and it says revolution on the side

it will open in about a month and already has top notch talent coming thru!