Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Locals that DON"T deserve a their current residency....

V. Barbarino

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest web_norah

lots of very detail oriented posts on this thread....

it's a pg-13 slugfest, of "i dont like DJ XYX because he doesnt wear the white studded belt on Fridays" or "he doesnt play classics like TKC anymore".

As far as Roly not interacting with the crowd, that's a hot load of shit. Every DJ interacts differently. Roly might not jump around like a chimpanzee. But If you pay attention to him when he's spinning you'll notice that his eyes stay glued to the crowd, he reads them and has this innate ability to predict what to play at what point. I've said this a million times, if 80% of the crowd is tired he'll play something a little downtempo and let you catch your breath. And slowly he builds you up until you feel like your heart is gonna stop. Amazing..... Perfect example: a couple of months ago I was in the booth with him along with Biz and Rocky and I actually saw the difference in the crowd as he was dropping the tracks. All in one smooth progression, track after track. It got to the point where he dropped "Rockin' music " and the crowd went absolutey bananas. Once I realized what the hell he just pulled off, I was like, this guy is no freakin joke....I'm not going to say that he always plays the hottest tracks, but it's the timing and sequence in which he plays them. That alone is a skill that many DJ's do not posess.

Guest bcnjunkie

I would say cedric based on sets at Crobar, haven't heard the sets at Space but for what I understand he has improved

some dj's spend years trying to improve practicing at home, it must be nice to get to do it in a big club, in front of hundreds of people, getting paid hundreds of dollars.... except you'll get a reputation as a train wrecka, but most people around here don't care about those little technical details anyway...

sorry, I call it like I see it and yes there are people who care. I have partied at Crobar with friends when Cedric has spun and had fun simply because I was hanging with a good crew... however, the set sucked why would I say it was good when it really did suck ?

...I got some more...but I'll keep those to myself.

chicken

.. If you dont have a person to name then dont post.

you say you have more than one name and you dont post them

again: chicken

. and a few wrecks dont help either ..

this does not count, Rocky Castro "trainwrecked" his entire set @ Space and he won the contest (sorry Rocky but we both know it's true)

the only 2 djs that i have never heard "trainwrecking" before are Danny Tenaglia and Dennis Rodgers (neither one of them have a regular residency here now) ... everyone else; and i mean EVERYONE ELSE have trainwrecked before and they still hold the best residencies here so it's normal that a "trainwreck" could happen

We all have a different "taste" when it comes to deejays but that doesnt mean anyone of them do not "deserve" to be where they are right now .. this is so lame to say

and "level" .. about the "hook-ups" .. i know a lot of people in the "industry" and most of them like my style and u dont see me playing on a normal basis every week, people have rather called me to play in Mexico and in Venezuela (where i have no hook ups at all) .. so STFU !

have some respect for music and for the people that make all the different miami parties possible, go out and show some support and stop bashing around

.. and get a new hair cut too ..

andrew when i talk about a few trainwrecks i mean ALOT !! lol .. if its 1 or 2 i wouldnt of said shit really .. but .. the sets ive heard from cedric and shawn were just horrid.. maybe they are better at space or somewhere else .. but im basing my opinions not on 1 time that ive heard em .. im basing it on a "FEW" times !! constant trainwrecks , constant cheese and constant old stuff... i have nothing against old stuff.. but damn when u need to play a 2 , 3 or even 4 year old anthem to get the crowd going , there is something seriously wrong.. like i said.. jmo

Guest jbof

Then tell us who they are!

I'll give you one Nelson Diaz......I got some more...but I'll keep those to myself.

Who the hell are you. What give you the right to come on here and blast Nelson like that. He is working his ass off to try and make a name for himslef and I am sure he did not ask for your opinion.

Guest LdySphynx

I'll give you one Nelson Diaz......I got some more...but I'll keep those to myself.

Hmmmmmm :-X...and i'm sorry people and I know that I am going to get alot of SHIT from 80% of the site but I just do not like Roland's style, and I am sure that alot of other people feel the same but won't post it since Roland seems to be a favorite with alot of people here.

But i'm just being bluntly honest...I think the patio needs more flavor...like for instance I think Cue would do a much better job than Roland would in the patio fulltime...I don't know Roland is not the type of DJ that you see working the crowd he just stands there no matter what beat or rythm the music has.

Ok i'll go take cover now...!!!

No, but seriously Saleen asked and I responded...so hopefully others will follow.

WOW...plz tell me u were waisted when u posted this

ok first of all its Wasted...not waisted... the post asked what locals don't deserve their current residency. Now I gave my honest opinion I knew when I gave it as a previously stated 80% of you would not agree with, but whatever I say the patio needs a better DJ like it or not!!!!!

I DON'T LIKE ROLAND's Style, deal with it!!!!!

It's actually one of the reasons why we don't frequent the patio anymore, or Space for that matter cause yeah we can go to the main room but that's not what we like, we like the patio and the last time we were there we basically almost fell asleep when he was on.

I can't wait for Erick Morillo to play the patio again, then we'll see what it is to work the crowd and not use that dam HORN, and still ge the crowd going.

IMO, Miami needs to find some new talent cause alot of these locals are getting BORING!!!!!!!!!!

I've noticed that alot of locals if you go to hear them play at their residency week after week, you will notice that they have the same layout of music tracks playing that they did from the last week...you literaly can tell what song comes next.

My final point, out of all the locals OscarG is one of the few thats deserves every bit of his residency and themsome!!!!

If you like Roland then you like him, I don't... so you need to respect that, just like I respect your opinions. ;)

Guest eKiTeL

I would say cedric based on sets at Crobar, haven't heard the sets at Space but for what I understand he has improved

some dj's spend years trying to improve practicing at home, it must be nice to get to do it in a big club, in front of hundreds of people, getting paid hundreds of dollars.... except you'll get a reputation as a train wrecka, but most people around here don't care about those little technical details anyway...

sorry, I call it like I see it and yes there are people who care. I have partied at Crobar with friends when Cedric has spun and had fun simply because I was hanging with a good crew... however, the set sucked why would I say it was good when it really did suck ?

no need to be sorry, all I said is that's it's nice for a dj to get paid on the job training, we should all be so lucky ::)

Guest JMT

Who the hell are you. What give you the right to come on here and blast Nelson like that. He is working his ass off to try and make a name for himslef and I am sure he did not ask for your opinion.

bro, ive never heard nelson myself, but the guy is only giving his honest opinion about the topic of this thread.

Guest swirlundergrounder

no need to be sorry, all I said is that's it's nice for a dj to get paid on the job training, we should all be so lucky ::)

No one who plays out should be train-wreaking unless there's a severe problem with the system or the sound. No one should have to pay $20, $30, $40 $50 and so on dollars to get into a club where a DJ is train wreaking becuz he or she has not gtten enough practice at home....

What some DJs don't understand is that DJing live is a big responsibility. A DJ has a responsibility to be as prepared as humanly possible to play for a crowd live weather or not the crowd likes the music. At least be prepared technically...

Guest jbof

There is a difference between coming on here and blasting some international DJ with a huge following, Nelson is a good guy who is trying to build his career. We should be supporting our local DJ's not putting them down. Especially one's that are just getting going.

Guest LdySphynx

Hey you know what Saleen has not posted who he thinks does not deserve thier residency...ok Saleen come on it's only fair that you give your opinion as well ::).

Guest LeVeL

IMO, Miami needs to find some new talent cause alot of these locals are getting BORING!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad I am not the only one...I fell the same way

Guest swirlundergrounder

There is a difference between coming on here and blasting some international DJ with a huge following, Nelson is a good guy who is trying to build his career. We should be supporting our local DJ's not putting them down. Especially one's that are just getting going.

I wasn't blasting anyone in particular. I just saw a post that mentioned that someone was train-wreaking (No names were mentioned) and made a valid statement about it......

Guest LeVeL

Hey who the helll are you get off Nelsons Nuts already man....its just my opinion. ....so what the fuck. Are you going to try to beat me up or something cause I dont like him....are you going to threaten me like you did Guyman....stop dickpulling asshole....its just my opinion not yours. :-X :-X :-X :-X

Guest LdySphynx

Hey who the helll are you get off Nelsons Nuts already man....its just my opinion. ....so what the fuck. Are you going to try to beat me up or something cause I dont like him....are you going to threaten me like you did Guyman....stop dickpulling asshole....its just my opinion not yours. :-X :-X :-X :-X

Oh Oh' date=' now it might get ugly!!!!!

[move'][glow=red,2,300]Ding Ding Ding......LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE[/glow][/move]