Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Locals that DON"T deserve a their current residency....

V. Barbarino

Guest bcnjunkie

I'm of the same idea. I go out to have fun most of all, and do my thing with generating galleries, which is a fun all it's own.

I've heard every DJ trainwreck at least once, some more than once...but I'm not focused on the fact. I'll go like "ouch, that had to hurt" or something, but I don't dwell on the fact or mention it the next day. Half the time the DJ him or herself just laughs it off and keeps on truckin' ....

I have fun pretty much wherever I go... doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on the quality of the music.... plus everyone trainwrecks it once in a while, the point is the all around quality (track selection, mixing, sampling, playing with sounds, etc) so if you think that quality doesn't matter then why go hear oscar G ?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bcnjunkie

ok dude, trainwrecks are not important, you win ....

[/

quote]

They are huge if they are done time and time again. I quoted Andrew to sate a point.

I was talking about dj's who are perticularly good at it and whose programming is awful. I think the thread was about who we thought doesn't deserve a residency not about the trainwrecks during CJ spin off. I know i have fun no matter what... Plus about local DJ's... I will always go check out and chat with local dj's... unfortunately I have three jobs of which on weekends I don't get out anywhere between 1 and 4 a.m. so it makes it kind of hard. If a local invites me anywhere, I will try my damnest to make it and give it a fair shot !

You're right. DJ's who are still in the train-wreaking stage shouldn't even get any play no less a dime until they can execute the basics!

well now that's a little too harsh I think, you can get to the point where you never train wreck spinning at home, but playing on a big system can be very disorienting for first few months, or years....

Actually playing on a big system is a lot easier than playing on a small one. A big system can hide a lot of your mistakes.....

im not a professional dj, but i imagine the massive bass could help drown out inconsistent beat matching.

It’s probably the opposite it would make it more obvious.

You're right. DJ's who are still in the train-wreaking stage shouldn't even get any play no less a dime until they can execute the basics!

well now that's a little too harsh I think, you can get to the point where you never train wreck spinning at home, but playing on a big system can be very disorienting for first few months, or years....

Actually playing on a big system is a lot easier than playing on a small one. A big system can hide a lot of your mistakes.....

yes it can hide some mistakes, but it's still more difficult, it can't hide a flat out train wreck

Horns mask alot of mistakes. :-X

lol their is no reason for a DJ to pull the horn every track. it takes away from the mixing.

Guest AlanS

im not a professional dj, but i imagine the massive bass could help drown out inconsistent beat matching.

No, I agree with JMT and Terry. Mixing on bigger systems is easier once you get the hang of the mixer IMO. Unless we're talking a blatant lack of skill here...

Guest JMT

No, I agree with JMT and Terry. Mixing on bigger systems is easier once you get the hang of the mixer IMO. Unless we're talking a blatant lack of skill here...

thats what i mean, i would think a minor error in the beat matching would get blurred out as one beat on a massive system.

What I meant was if you did trainwreck the massive bass wouldn't drown the mistake out I think you would hear the wreck even more.

Guest swirlundergrounder

What I meant was if you did trainwreck the massive bass wouldn't drown the mistake out I think you would hear the wreck even more.

No of course a big system wouldn't hide a trainwreak. If that were the case who would need skills to match a beat in order to DJ live? But yeah, if your mix is off slightly, the bass of a loud system will hide the error. But if you wreak it's going to sound like an Amtrak!!!!!!!!!!

Guest avenue33

I would say cedric based on sets at Crobar, haven't heard the sets at Space but for what I understand he has improved

Well you need to get your ass to Space because his sets are rocking it!!! You will be pleasantly surprised!!!!

Guest mikepayne

I don't have the patience to read this thread to see if anyone else has mentioned this, but the guy in crobar's VIP on Saturday night always sucks ass. I don't know the name of the DJ that's normally up there, but I'm consistently disappointed any time I'm in the VIP on Saturday night at crobar (though I haven't been in about a month or so). Thank god for Ralph in the main room.

Guest fended

The crobar VIP (upstairs) is no longer house music oriented. Gus and Danny play an open format of hip hop, rock n' roll and some (very little) house hits.

Guest mikepayne

The crobar VIP (upstairs) is no longer house music oriented. Gus and Danny play an open format of hip hop, rock n' roll and some (very little) house hits.

I know, but they suck. Marc Leventhal knows how to do what they're trying to do very well, but these guys are just horrible. They trainwreck constantly and they pick a lot of horrible tracks to drop. I can't tell you how many times me and my friends have looked at each other in disgust and all in unison suggest we leave the VIP, because they either decided to play some track that was better left forgotten, or they've fucked up a mix so bad that it makes me wish someone would just go put a CD in the booth and throw them off the balcony.

I know you work there and you have to defend them, but dude... come on... these guys are horrible. I wasn't even going to say anything because I have no real evidence and I don't typically post unsubstantiated rumors, but I've been told by more than one person the only reason those guys have that spot is because one of them is related to someone with ownership interest in crobar. It wouldn't surprise me at all, the only way I can explain them still being there that they have some kind of hookup.

It honestly makes me sad to even think about it. I hate those motherfuckers for ruining my time so often. The only way I'll support them spinning anywhere is if the place has a chain link fence in front of them like in Blues Brothers so I can throw tomatoes and beer bottles and shit.

Guest fended

I know, but they suck. Marc Leventhal knows how to do what they're trying to do very well, but these guys are just horrible. They trainwreck constantly and they pick a lot of horrible tracks to drop. I can't tell you how many times me and my friends have looked at each other in disgust and all in unison suggest we leave the VIP, because they either decided to play some track that was better left forgotten, or they've fucked up a mix so bad that it makes me wish someone would just go put a CD in the booth and throw them off the balcony.

I know you work there and you have to defend them, but dude... come on... these guys are horrible. I wasn't even going to say anything because I have no real evidence and I don't typically post unsubstantiated rumors, but I've been told by more than one person the only reason those guys have that spot is because one of them is related to someone with ownership interest in crobar. It wouldn't surprise me at all, the only way I can explain them still being there that they have some kind of hookup.

It honestly makes me sad to even think about it. I hate those motherfuckers for ruining my time so often. The only way I'll support them spinning anywhere is if the place has a chain link fence in front of them like in Blues Brothers so I can throw tomatoes and beer bottles and shit.

I THINK I'LL GET THE FENCE IS INSTALLED NEXT WEEK.......FREE TOMATOES FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Guest mikepayne

I THINK I'LL GET THE FENCE IS INSTALLED NEXT WEEK.......FREE TOMATOES FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Awww sheeit... I'm there. It's gonna look like the muthafuckin' Tomatina by the time I'm done.

Guest obby

DJ Laz - Club Deep

Laz is cool. Just not so into the underground sounds as MOST of us are into. He is actually our neighbor in the Keys. Great fisherman and cool person.

This thread has hate behind it though.........move on !!!!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Hell yeah...I'll come out to any event where I can throw things at DJs who constantly train wreak.......

Guest bcnjunkie

I would say cedric based on sets at Crobar, haven't heard the sets at Space but for what I understand he has improved

Well you need to get your ass to Space because his sets are rocking it!!! You will be pleasantly surprised!!!!

doubt it but for you guys anything ;) even subject myself to ear torture ;D

Guest digitalx

i dont think anyone here is bashing the Dj on a personal level, just a musical level.

DJ's who don't compose+produce have no 'musical level'