Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's REview of Bad Boy Bill and Boris@Crobar

Bling

Whom can convert South Beach's infamous nightclub into a fit of sound and fury? Who can give birth to a sea of estatic clubgoers reveling in the waves of energy produced from his hands? BAD BOY BILL

Crobar and its patrons were not....could not be ready for what descended upon them. Boris one of New York's finest and Chicago House legend Bad Boy Bill created a tidal wave of energy and passion infusing all those along for the ride.

From the start, the beats were pounding. 11 pm, the mayhem began. Hard, pounding house music. The energy level was redlining at such an early hour that I anticipated a hurricane of beats and dancing bodies when all was said and done.

Bad Boy Bill took the decks at midnight and with his entrance he brought along the history and spirit of Chicago house. The venu was at full capacity and then some. A stage was situated right before the dj booth to give the few clubbers up there the ability to watch Bad Boy Bill and Boris command the room with style.

I too found myself perched atop watching in awe at Bad Boy Bill's technical prowess. His scratching abilites and mixing abilities were fantastic. If "scratching" is an artform, then Bad Boy Bill is akin to Picasso and James Zabiela a Rembrandt. These two dj's are the only two dj's I have seen who's ability to scratch vinyls have floored me.

The vibe and energy within the hallowed hall of Crobar was as passionate and energetic the music that Bill was expounding. He truly had complete control over the crowd. All he had to do is pull our strings and the crowd danced till they could no more. He truly was the puppetmaster and we were his "puppets".

Bad Boy Bill and Boris upon their return to their respective States, will have indeed left a lasting impression upon all those in attendance this evening.

The obligatory shoutouts.

It was a pleasure seeing a few board members out and about.

I had a great time hanging with you Becky(patois). Great to also see BCNJunkie(Jorge). Looking foward to reading both of your views on the nite as well. I also would like to shout out to Attomic as well as Lilly, Luis and Sasha who i saw very briefly, as I was all over the venu this evening. And of course it was awesome to see my beautiful coworker Sharon and her friends from L.A. Also in attendance was Buster (i cracked myself up when I told him . "Buster omg im dressed flashier then you are for once.... I was wearing my very shiny dragon shirt" ) Of course, great to see the host of this event Colby. (good to see ur feeling better after yesterday's ordeal) and last but not least Andrew Thomas and Pod.

Guest LeVeL

Wooow :o.....Bad Boy Bill and Boris threw it down hard,they definetely had me dancing. Crobar on this evening was packed, I had to wait 15 minutes to get into the venue on this night. Unfortunately I was on the guestlist but since there was soo many people waiting outside of Crobar, they would not acknowledge the gueslist until you were inside. Once inside I told the guy at the door that I was in the gueslist, he told me that he couldn't find my name, so I decided to spell my name to him since he was having difficulties finding my name in the gueslist, so for some reason he got insulted because of that and decided to tell me that he couldn't find it. My opinion was that he did it on purpose, just to look like a "hot shot".

But I didn't let that ruin my night, I decided to pay the cover eventhough I knew I was in Emi's Gueslist. Once inside Babd Boy Bill was already on the decks playing some Hard House, the sound system was loud but loud enough to not hurt your hearing. Bad Boys set was awesome...I dont have no regrets and to the people who missed him you missed a tremendous show. The Crobar dancers were on the money on this night dressed up with their costumes.

Around 3:30 - 4:00 am Boris stepped on the decks and he simply took control of the decks, if you would of not looked at the Dj Booth then you would of never noticed the Dj change. After a couple of house songs suddenly Boris out of nowhere threw down some "Mojado", which finally after a couple of weeks of not listening to Trance in a club the time had finally come. Boris played Trance :o....ooooo yeah Crobar went nuts!!

Nobody in the crowd was standing everybody was dancing even Sasha our very own "Imalwaysdancing" was dancing yes folks, you heard it here first. Sasha was dancing and most importantly she did not complain :o :o :o...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt

Nothing but good times... 8), I had drank so much liquor that Crobar ran out of hennessy. :)

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

OMG..u r too funny rotfl.

Yes i had a good time..but i have danced MUCH more on other nights rotfl. I was having fun though it was definitely an amusing evening.

As far as the music..MUCH better than a Ralph Falcon night...however Bling..BBD was not on the decs at 12..he went on at 1..we were actually behing the booth when we saw the little switch happening.

I saw so many NY peeps i couldnt believe how many supporters were there..it was cool. Boris really was great but NOT his style at all. In NY he is very jungly house tribal etc..much more my speed. I think it would have been very hard to make that transition after a BBB set so what he did did worked really well..and it must have been great for SASHA to be dancing to TRANCE!!!! rotfl. I was a bit disappointed with BBB only b/c i felt he was better at Space when i heard him and i think the Chicago sound is just not really me..a little bit too many bpm for me lol.

definitely a fun time though..thanks everyone :)

Guest LeVeL

Yes i had a good time..but i have danced MUCH more on other nights rotfl. I was having fun though it was definitely an amusing evening.

As far as the music..MUCH better than a Ralph Falcon night...however Bling..BBD was not on the decs at 12..he went on at 1..we were actually behing the booth when we saw the little switch happening.

I saw so many NY peeps i couldnt believe how many supporters were there..it was cool. Boris really was great but NOT his style at all. In NY he is very jungly house tribal etc..much more my speed. I think it would have been very hard to make that transition after a BBB set so what he did did worked really well..and it must have been great for SASHA to be dancing to TRANCE!!!! rotfl. I was a bit disappointed with BBB only b/c i felt he was better at Space when i heard him and i think the Chicago sound is just not really me..a little bit too many bpm for me lol.

Ahhh stop...you had fun didn't you. I cant believe you were dancing....OMFG I Die :o :o :o :o :o...lol

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

Ahhh stop...you had fun didn't you. I cant believe you were dancing....OMFG I Die :o :o :o :o :o...lol

OMG i have danced so much more on other nights...ur crazy lol. It was more of a fun dancing then a holy shit i cant stop like digweed dancing. Regardless...NO COMPLAINING for me lol.

Guest Cosmigonon

Nobody in the crowd was standing everybody was dancing even Sasha our very own "Imalwaysdancing" was dancing yes folks' date=' you heard it here first. Sasha was dancing and most importantly she did not complain :o :o :o...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttt

[/quote']

OMFG I DIE!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Guest kcariaga

Great night, but all of the Crobar BULLSHIT has made me and my friends vow never step foot in that club again, even if GOD himself is going to be on the turntables. We bought tickets thinking this would eliminate door drama, but we were wrong. We found ourselves in a big mass of people begging the drag queen to let us it. We had already paid to come in the f'ing club. A line would have been nice for ticket holders!!!! Space knows how to treat it's patrons!!!!!

OMG i have danced so much more on other nights...ur crazy lol. It was more of a fun dancing then a holy shit i cant stop like digweed dancing. Regardless...NO COMPLAINING for me lol.

???

ummm...u told me u were staying in this weekend.... ??? :o

always fun to see bbb spin, i remember the days when i used to be into hard house listening to bbb, richard humpty vision, dj irene, good ol' times

Great night, but all of the Crobar BULLSHIT has made me and my friends vow never step foot in that club again, even if GOD himself is going to be on the turntables. We bought tickets thinking this would eliminate door drama, but we were wrong. We found ourselves in a big mass of people begging the drag queen to let us it. We had already paid to come in the f'ing club. A line would have been nice for ticket holders!!!! Space knows how to treat it's patrons!!!!!

sorry to hear that, it all just comes down to who u know and who's gonna take care of ya...

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

Bling...i love ya man but come one...nobody will EVER have a problem going to a club if they go there as soon as they open. It's the real deal when they give ya no problems when there is a line down the block. I'll never be there but id rather wait 10-15 minutes than wait inside for an hour or two before anyone comes. You were dancing your butt off on stage glad u had a good time!

I got REALLY lucky with the list bc i didnt get inside till 12:15 but the guy hooked it up....very rare. That really sucks for people who bought tickets in advance..that should totally take presidence,

Bling...i love ya man but come one...nobody will EVER have a problem going to a club if they go there as soon as they open. It's the real deal when they give ya no problems when there is a line down the block. I'll never be there but id rather wait 10-15 minutes than wait inside for an hour or two before anyone comes. You were dancing your butt off on stage glad u had a good time!

I got REALLY lucky with the list bc i didnt get inside till 12:15 but the guy hooked it up....very rare. That really sucks for people who bought tickets in advance..that should totally take presidence,

that DQ is str8...he just likes to dress up as a retard to get attention...

i havent heard anything like Bad Boy Bill in a long time...... great stuff. hope to see u soon sasha. not next week im takin it easy.... prolly . ya never know 8)

btw did u like my review this time ? :P

You guys are probably going to kill me, but I missed BBB. :'(

I went to Scarletts for a bachelor party and the devil kept me there.

I'm so glad other people can see what I have lived with for almost 10 years. That is how long I have been a BBB fan and what he does is truly inspiring and amazing.

I still can't believe I didn't go. I saw him in Jan and Mar so at least I saw him this year right? ???

Guest LeVeL

im glad everyone had fun !! btw.. my sig is back up ... dont know what happened... but its fixed now ;D 8)

yoo your really looking for attention aren't you