Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is missing from the scene today??

V. Barbarino

Guest tres-b

I kinda miss the stories of those kids OGing at SF in nyc. long live the juice heads :o

Nothing like drooling convulsions and violent shaking to add some spice to your night.

Guest bcnjunkie

I'll tell ya, someone needs to bring back those retro discohouse parties.....

miss that stuff... :'(

should have been at mynt thursday

Guest rollyp66

Have one @ your house not a club! Those days are gone for a reason

Guest bcnjunkie

Have one @ your house not a club! Those days are gone for a reason

huh ? not gone, Miami just doesn't appreciate classic house... any city with a good scene has them except Miami, and actually Little Louie Vega dropped several tracks and da crowd loved it at mynt on thursday ...... Those days are far from gone ... you just gotta stop going to those borderline raver head banging low quality gigs

Guest ramon

warehouses with no lights and loud obscene techno music .. oh wait this isnt detroit circa '95 .. what's missing is a new generation of people to push things forward .. in every aspect promotion , dj , producers.

Carnies, that is what is missing. Small hands, smell like cabbage.

Please step away from the Pipe. ;D

No no! He's imitating Austin Powers! ;D

Guest djjoncowan

whats missing? people who will actually come out on a regular basis and SUPPORT the scene. everyone here expects things for free and then complains when the venues don't have the capital to bring in talent or put on regular events. People need to stop complaining and go out and support whats brought to you. If all of you supported on a regular basis maybe clubs wouldn't be so gun shy to try new talent or to continue bringing in the dj's we all love. At the rate we're heading now though miami will be all hip hop and commercial in no time and the only one to blame is the patrons... Who can blame a venue owner for putting on hip hop or commercially themed nights when those are the people that pay admission, buy drinks or even bottles, and actually dance all night and have fun instead of trainspot or complain.... just my 2 cents.. :o

Guest bcnjunkie
Most people on this board go out on a regular basis and support the locals as well as the imported talent.

all the time !!!!!

Guest nickjunkie

Hey Jon, although I agree with what you say...how often do you go out if you arent DJing or supporting the person that you brought to the venue? Most people on this board go out on a regular basis and support the locals as well as the imported talent.

post of the day

Guest pod

Well, in Jon's defense, he has been in and out of the hospital pretty much since his gig at Nerve ended.

That being said, I always like to see DJs out supporting the events of other visiting and local DJs.

But in general, the thing I have noticed is that people are really way too particular sometimes about the events they will go to.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again, you'll catch me at house, trance, and even offbeat drum n bass parties. The key is to provide a good time for everyone involved. As an honorary Brit, it is all about the party in the end. Go out, get trashed, and have a good time listening to some good DJs. Don't just sit there and trainspot all night.

Guest endymion

Who can blame a venue owner for putting on hip hop or commercially themed nights when those are the people that pay admission, buy drinks or even bottles, and actually dance all night and have fun instead of trainspot or complain.... just my 2 cents.. :o

Words of wisdom there Mr Cowan.

Electronic music culture used to be united around having fun for a night. Now the fun part has been beaten out of us because we had to crack down so hard on ravers, and there is nothing left but people who are into other things. Who's spinning tonight, how famous is he, who owns the club he's spinning in, what sound system does this or that club have, it's all peripheral but it's all that's left to obsess over now that carefree glow-stick nights are illegal.

Hip hoppers still get crunk and sing songs about how much fun it is to go out on a Saturday night. They still shake that booty no matter what DJ is on. They still dress up all bling and drive around town acting like idiots on the weekends because that's what party people do for fun on weekends. They still buy bottles to try to impress some tail because having fun is what you do when you go out. Our culture has forgotten that.

Guest rollyp66

whats missing? people who will actually come out on a regular basis and SUPPORT the scene. everyone here expects things for free and then complains when the venues don't have the capital to bring in talent or put on regular events. People need to stop complaining and go out and support whats brought to you. If all of you supported on a regular basis maybe clubs wouldn't be so gun shy to try new talent or to continue bringing in the dj's we all love. At the rate we're heading now though miami will be all hip hop and commercial in no time and the only one to blame is the patrons... Who can blame a venue owner for putting on hip hop or commercially themed nights when those are the people that pay admission, buy drinks or even bottles, and actually dance all night and have fun instead of trainspot or complain.... just my 2 cents.. :o

I go out all the time! My friends and I spend lots of money @ the bar and table service regularly, If I drop a minimum $200 @ your bar regularly, let me in for free I think i deserve it and anyway the bar is where you make your $ from anyway. A $30 bottle of Vodka which sells for $10 a glass...you do the math! Who comes out on top?!?!? So we have every right to speak our minds.

Guest pod

<clap clap clap>

That is why I like parties like Amika on Fridays, the parties lately at Space on Saturdays, and crobar Saturdays. The crowd is musically aware, yes, but in the end, they are out for the good time. Bottles are being purchased, ass is to be had, and getting drunk is considered normal social discourse. I'd like to say it is a hip-hop party with house music.

Look at my Amika, crobar, and Space galleries lately. I hang in those locations for the hard-to-find combination of great music, great people, and great venues.

Guest rollyp66

I go out rarely and when I do, i pay for nothing...

just the way things are for a club legend like my self..

hey jon, how you doing? hospital? you ok? trance accident??

I don't know you so you aren't that much of a Legend... I know just about everyone. I've been around for over 10 yrs in the industry. Stop bragging... no one cares