Clubplanet Nightlife Community

crisis in darfur/orlando nightlife/under 17 programs...help!

Guest HangTheDJ

Guest HangTheDJ

my idea was met with opposition, so tell me your opinions for better ideas...

my interests are creating a scene in orlando, assisting with programs for minors, helping world tragedies like the current situation in sudan, helping music education here nation-wide.

many people seem to think my idea about drug-free all-ages raves which would donate all the raised money to music ed, and african aid is a bad idea. not that i have decided to give up, but i want to hear a better idea than the one i have given.

my idea was met with opposition, so tell me your opinions for better ideas...

my interests are creating a scene in orlando, assisting with programs for minors, helping world tragedies like the current situation in sudan, helping music education here nation-wide.

many people seem to think my idea about drug-free all-ages raves which would donate all the raised money to music ed, and african aid is a bad idea. not that i have decided to give up, but i want to hear a better idea than the one i have given.

callin nadia callin nadia 8) ;D

Guest HangTheDJ

hay pero que mamera este man ! no joda ! lolll

u trying to catch up on posts ?

trying to catch up? what u talking about? i am trying to generate new posts about the idea i've been talking about.

Guest somefiercehouse

I don't think any of your ideas were BAD so to speak. I just think they are a little too unrealistic. The Orlando scene like I said before is a struggling one. I don't know how big it could get being that this is a family city. I agree with everyone else, and do not think raves should come back, and even if they did, the majority of the people that went to those raves went for the drugs. Take away the drugs and you will take away the people. The way to make the city see that you are on their side is to give them money, and that is the only way. There have already been "clubs" set up that were run by police and such for teens, they were designed to keep them off the street. Those clubs aren't around anymore, they closed because no one went. I am ALL about helping out other people around the world, but I just don't see how THIS helps the world. I don't really see how this is helping anything really. Maybe you should focus your efforts on something more organized like VH1 Save the Music. It's a great organization and could make you efforts a lot more successful.

Guest HangTheDJ

i guess my deal is that i feel that people should treat electronic music like a radiohead show. plenty of people do drugs at rock shows, but rock & roll isn't known primarily for being a drug-based culture. i want to crush the associations that people have with "techno" (meaning "electronic music"), and "ecstasy."

uberzone for instance...he's a high-profile electronic artist who plays at parties and clubs, and a very reliable source told me last night that he is a born-again christian. i need to track his ass down.

Guest HangTheDJ

Bottom of what?

i am a musician, and an idealist. i can sit on my ass wishing i were making a living with music, and wishing i could help make a difference in the world, or i can actually go out and DO something to accomplish both of these goals. so pod, what do you want to do with your life?

Guest endymion

uberzone for instance...he's a high-profile electronic artist who plays at parties and clubs, and a very reliable source told me last night that he is a born-again christian. i need to track his ass down.

Show of hands, who among us has seen those Uberzone boys?

[raises hand]

How many saw them in the middle of a room full of faced teenagers?

[raises hand]

Guest pod

[raises hand]

I saw 'em at a festival down here 2 years ago, and the crowd was by and large a bunch of fucked up kids. The music was good, the crowd wasn't. I snapped a photo or two and left.

Guest endymion

They rock, but HELLO, listen to any Uberzone album sober. Then smoke something and listen to that same album again. Try to tell me that album isn't a drug accessory.

Uberzone is a DJ plus a live drummer with a Roland MIDI drum kit. He uses drum sticks that LIGHT UP LIKE GLOWSTICKS. The kids go nuts, it's a great show, but yeah they are all completely faced.

Maybe there are better examples that you could use but that one didn't work out for you.