Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultra vs Spacefest.... The new info....

V. Barbarino

You play ultra, you don't get to play space.... Sent out in an email.

Both festivals are on the same day!!!

Ultra put in the clause that the djs cant play anywhere else first. and its ultra who tried to block dancestar and other festivals by renting the parks for the whole month of march.

Spacefest will be 35 bucks

Ultra is 60 bucks

Space really is doing it for charity. <<you can't say this then not do it, they will go to jail, so this is legit.

Space gave 24k contributions to mda and hurricane relief

Now for the conspiracy theory..

Space has no intention of going through with this, or if they do, it's only done to kill off ultra then take over the following year..

I report you decide, fair and balanced ...

:P

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tres-b

Facts:

Now for the conspiracy theory..

Space has no intention of going through with this, or if they do, it's only done to kill off ultra then take over the following year..

I report you decide, fair and balanced ...

:P

The Saleen is to CJ what Rick Leventhal is to Fox News.

Guest Eddy Guerra

Ultra put in the clause that the djs cant play anywhere else first. and its ultra who tried to block dancestar and other festivals by renting the parks for the whole month of march.

Ultra is 60 bucks

Space really is doing it for charity. <<you can't say this then not do it, they will go to jail, so this is legit.

:o

spacefest.jpg

Ultra is 60 bucks

:o

Nice sig Eddie :o :o :o :o

Guest xbbdc

you love ultra and so do lots of other people, but people goto ultra because of the dj's that play there... it wouldnt be an "ULTRA" music festival if they didnt have all the dj's playing in one festival... now with spacefest as i see it coming with eddy's sig (looks nice 2) , its up to the dj's, ultra and space to figure out how and who to book. somebody's gotta give...

Guest xbbdc

i can only say with ultra adding the clause that other dj's cant play at other venues.. does this mean they cant play AT all in clubs days, nights before like they always have? with ultra being on saturday, the last day of the wmc, that means the week after, would be the "real" wmc, since they cant play BEFORE ultra, so only AFTER they could come to crobar, space, envy, mansion.. you name it... but if the dj's pick spacefest over ultra then they can play the same week the conference is...

Guest mikepayne

Spacefest... same day, half the price of admission, and a better contract for the DJs that decide to play it? If nothing else, it's gonna put some serious ass pressure on Ultra, they certainly won't make the kind of money they're used to and will have to rethink how they do things next year if they intend to keep it going.

God damn... LP's got brass balls, big ones. I'm sure the charity thing is a publicity stunt for the first year to help put the event on the map, then they'll start doing it for profit next year if it works.

Guest trancelator

The price comparison is not accurate ($35 vs. $60). I've never paid $60 for an Ultra ticket. Some may argue that tickets can go for as much or more than $60 but one has to be a procrastinator to pay that price.

[glow=red,2,300]Saleen whoever feed you that load of shit is a complete moron. ;D

First ULTRA has a FESTIVAL non compete clause just like Coachella does. Not a non compete for nightclubs. It's standard business practice.

2nd Ultra Music Festival has been donating money to LIFEBEAT for years.

3rd Ultra has never rented the park for a month....that is stupid they reserved the right to hold the festival on a Saturday in March to which the city waited for their final date.

4th I am sure tickets will stay a certain amount until the first round until they are jacked up by a certain person as they do at their club every year. Ultra has always been consistent at selling the first 5000 tickets at it's lowest price and never going above $75 unless they were VIP tickets.

And lastly, there are many DJs that have been upset by a certain threatening email that was circulated to agents and managers. However someone, a top DJ on the list, personally made a phone call and let the sender of said email know he will be playing the Ultra Music Festival regardless of whatever happends.

oops PS.... WMC & ULTRA are partners as they were last year offering complimentary admission to all WMC Badge Holders.

[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]Saleen whoever feed you that load of shit is a complete moron. ;D

BTW Ultra Music Festival has been donating money to LIFEBEAT for years.

Ultra has never rented the park for a month....that is stupid they reserved the right to hold the festival on a Saturday in March to which the city waited for their final date.

And I am sure tickets will stay a certain amount until the first round until they are jacked up by a certain person as they do at their club every year.

[/glow]

the blame spin game has begun..

which is cool and fine by me, but if I could post everything, then you'd see ultra is in huge trouble.

Guest endymion

Spacefest is real, deal with it. Most of my yearly Ultra-going friends have decided to hold of on buying Ultra tickets until the final lineups come out. I can hardly wait to see what happens, this is fun.

[glow=red,2,300]No one has to deal with anything..... you can choose to go to 1 or the other.....or neither. But the mud-slinging and lying is wrong. The way this is happening is wrong. This is not business anymore, people are making it personal and it's not for the benefit of the fans. Just overinflated egotripping people that need to chill the F out and produce good shows. So I support anyone that is in favor of cutting the bullshit doing your thing and not hurting anyone in the process.[/glow]

what i want to know is this

SPACEFEST VS WMC DJS AT SPACE USING SPACE PASS

will they be the same cuz if so i dont see the benefit of goin to spacefest

im def getting the 3 day pass again. just wondering if its the same djs all in one day at spacefest for the benefit of the under 21 crowd

Guest klit

I give ultra lots of respect for the amount of people they bring in and how well they put on this event, but after going to it the last 2 years I'm done with these festivals. It's conference time and there are clubs where you can catch the djs play complete sets. The festival vibe is just not for me, but I do think its good for the city for both these events to go down. Just be super tight on checks at the front or your gonna have idiots oding and the music will just keep getting worse and worse of an image as drug music.

Guest endymion

...I'm done with these festivals. It's conference time and there are clubs where you can catch the djs play complete sets.

Ding ding ding! My thoughts exactly. Conference is not a time for festivals IMHO. Too much else going on that's way cooler.

Guest klit

...I'm done with these festivals. It's conference time and there are clubs where you can catch the djs play complete sets.

Ding ding ding! My thoughts exactly. Conference is not a time for festivals IMHO. Too much else going on that's way cooler.

Seem to agree pretty much with lots of your posts, so how come your democrat? Vote republican :P

Guest Tru1

Drama!

Not taking sides here at all but as someone that has booked PVD, Oakey, Deep Dish, Sasha/Digweed multiple times it would drive me up a wall if someone else booked them in my market, festival or not.

This is an interesting play...I am VERY curious to see how this pans out both this year, and in upcoming years.

The pot has been stirred!

My prediction...LP just made a play for a percentage of Ultra...only time will tell.

Guest endymion

...so how come your democrat? Vote republican :P

I'm a business owner and I was a Republican until Bush. He needs to be fired for reasons that I have detailed in depth. Vote "No" on Bush!

Now then...

Go Spacefest! (You gonna cheer for Ultra now?)

Guest klit

Aight enough threadjacking from me on this one.

About the festivals I'm not gonna cheer either just gonna watch on the board how it plays out cause its entertaining read. Told u conference I can only do a certain amount of parties and neither of those festivals are gonna be in my plans.

Guest Tru1

Let me propose a theory.

I want to preface this by saying that other than many of the djs and their agents, I know none of the local players personally. I don't know their interpersonal relationships, and how they all get along. I could be way off...this is just a theory.

But if I was was Space...this is what I would do.

Space makes big money every week on EDM. Space is the must play club in this HEMISPHERE for almost every big time and aspiring to be big time dj. All of these djs and their agents/ managers contact you every single week for you to book them.

During WMC you have people that make a high 6 or 7 figure profit booking talent that you book week in and week out.

If I was Space...this would drive me crazy, I would want a piece of that action and this is how I would get it.

I would use my leverage. Space has all year to make money. Ultra has ONE DAY. All of the profit of Ultra is made on the last several thousand tickets sold. You threaten to take several thousand people away...you get some very nervous producers/investors at Ultra.

Everyone knows that Space can eat a one time loss.

The question is...can Ultra?

How about next year?

And the year after that...

All of a sudden the picture starts looking kind of bleak for ultra.

Space doesn't have to block all of the big name djs from playing...just a few of them to be effective.

Then...just as things are looking bleak, investors are starting to get weary, and the stress level is through the roof.

Space makes a friendly gesture...

Hey ultra, how about I don't do my Spacefest... why don't we partner up on Ultra...tell you what, I'll even put up all of the money and put my marketing machine behind it!

Suddenly, the picture goes from 6 figure loss for all involved to 6 figure profit...a deal is struck...and space is partners in ultra forever.

Just a theory, but if I was space, that is what I would do.

Either that route...or make a multi-year commitment to running ultra out of town.