Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultra vs Spacefest.... The new info....

V. Barbarino

I don't see any competition we have the most varity of quality international live acts and djs with the official support of the WMC and so many other organizations. Again all the smoke n mirrors is fine.....ULTRA FEST however is a Reality.

i don't agree with that.

you don't have enough variety .. but thats just my 2 cents.

crespo you are never happy :P ;D

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ramon

I don't see any competition we have the most varity of quality international live acts and djs with the official support of the WMC and so many other organizations. Again all the smoke n mirrors is fine.....ULTRA FEST however is a Reality.

i don't agree with that.

yes i am .. i just usually have to leave the fuckin city to be happy .. that will change soon though ;)

i don't agree with that.

yes i am .. i just usually have to leave the fuckin city to be happy .. that will change soon though ;)

u mean, u are leavin' for good ?

lol .. j/k ;D

Guest ramon

i don't agree with that.

u mean, u are leavin' for good ?

lol .. j/k ;D

that's an option (and the easy thing to do) but i rather see this city progress.

Guest bcnjunkie

going to neither !!! in the end if you like the artist and the festival ambiance then go ... However, last year I worked at Ultra and saw many things that were very questionnable and dodgy.... Space is also known to flex their muscle with no shame .... Personally you will find me at Crobar ;D

Guest ramon

Progress? To what? Again, what would progression entail?

more diverse events .. both outdoor and indoor .. i'd love to see more techno .. but even quality hip hop and electronic live acts would be great.

i hate to keep using detroit as an example but i heard everything from peanut butter wolf to recloose to joris voorn.

it was stages .. they not only featured house and techno .. they featured live acts which is what would get me out to a festival to see royskopp and mylo and other acts that you may have only heard on 12" or CD.

Guest pod

Again, there's like a fanbase of 40 people down here for detroit techno. I don't mind it, but it isn't for everyone obviously. If it becomes popular in the scene, good, but I wouldn't define it as progress as that reeks of latté-sipping cultural elitism.

Guest ramon

Again, there's like a fanbase of 40 people down here for detroit techno. I don't mind it, but it isn't for everyone obviously. If it becomes popular in the scene, good, but I wouldn't define it as progress as that reeks of latté-sipping cultural elitism.

go read my post .. i said nothing about 'detroit techno' .. i would love to hear more of it down here but i know its not popular.

Guest web_norah

which in techno lingo is the chin grabbing thing purists do. (the latte sipping elitism).

Guest pod

More outdoor festivals would be nice, but you know what it entails to do something like that. Permits, permits, permits, money permits, and more money. Lotta red tape if you want to do it right, and that is even before you get ahold of the sound and lighting contractors.

Guest ramon

More outdoor festivals would be nice, but you know what it entails to do something like that. Permits, permits, permits, money permits, and more money. Lotta red tape if you want to do it right, and that is even before you get ahold of the sound and lighting contractors.

yeah i know .. its a shame .. but if we do have a festival why not try to bring people together from different cultures and backgrounds together .. who knows you may just turn people on to sounds they may have not have been intrested in before.

Ponder this..

Lets say both festivals happen.

If space gets tiesto, he spins at the spacfest and space

If Ultra gets tiesto then tiesto spins where???? Maybe only NV.. go figure. Crobar won't be done, i've been meaning to fuck with emi over this.

If ultra gets tiesto, LP allows him to spin at space... i dunno, i doubt lp would go for that..

interesting stuff...

can't wait to see what happens.

Guest sobe2004

Ponder this..

Lets say both festivals happen.

If space gets tiesto, he spins at the spacfest and space

If Ultra gets tiesto then tiesto spins where???? Maybe only NV.. go figure. Crobar won't be done, i've been meaning to fuck with emi over this.

If ultra gets tiesto, LP allows him to spin at space... i dunno, i doubt lp would go for that..

interesting stuff...

can't wait to see what happens.

I'm hearing that Tiesto will be at Spacefest . . . also Ultra will be a much larger event, Spacefest will only have 3 areas.

The only thing they have in common will be the same date. Spacefest will have bigger names while Ultra will have more acts . . . .

Guest sobe2004

i hear there will be flying objects and that Bob Sponge will also be making a special apperance.....

I'm hearing that you are getting laid this weekend but this should be considered a TOTAL RUMOR . . .

Guest endymion

...the bombshell i'm speaking about can be attainted from someone you know... ask around.. keep it off these boards though.

I don't spread gossip, that's what you're for.