Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Israel to decriminalize Ecstasy

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

Israel’s Justice Ministry announced this week that people caught in possession of up to five ecstasy pills will no longer face prosecution, and explained that the change is ‘a case of adapting legislation to meet reality’ (Ha'aretz, Jerusalem).

However, the Ministry stressed that possession of even one pill will still be technically a crime and explained the new category of ‘personal use’ is designed to distinguished between users and suppliers.

The change coincided with the publication of a report in the UK by leading civil liberties organisation Transform which predicted that all drugs will be legalised in the UK by 2020.

“Drugs will be legalised in the not too distant future because prohibition is an ongoing catastrophe of startling proportions,†Transform director Danny Kushlick said as he unveiled the report, titled ‘After the War on Drugs, Options for Control', at a presentation at Britain’s Houses Of Parliament.

“We need to consider more effective, just and humane options,†he continued. “In the UK, the prison population and property crime would be halved, drug related prostitution would end, opportunities for organised crime would reduce substantially, prohibition related corruption would disappear and drug turf wars would end,†he said.

The ‘drug policy road map report’ was immediately dismissed by British Home Office officials though was endorsed by a number of MPs and influential Brits including former Times editor Simon Jenkins.

Guest web_norah

I support it. If you wanna take drugs, that is your own damn business.

what he said. quite frankly i dont care what Israel does but if it suits them, more power to that

Guest web_norah

as i was saying, Israel is attacking the problem using a different approach, much like Holland and other countries in Europe.

::)

Guest pod

TANSTAAFL, no NSTAAFL

I know I know, the social repercussions of drug use and all that jazz the anti-drug lobby likes to come up with. I see it as survival of the fittest personally. Those who do drugs and can't handle it will fall by the wayside and the rest of us will continue on.

There'll be an initial orgy of drug use, certainly, but after awhile, it will level off.

Guest cutchemist

I support it. If you wanna take drugs, that is your own damn business.

rawk on

....at least if its regulated people will stop thinking it has coke and heroin in it....dumb a$$es

....and u won't have DXM (sheit thats in cough medicine) and other shit like that, that when mixed with the real thing can have some seriously fcuked up results