Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Apple stocks Soaring through the roof

Guest trancepriest

Guest trancepriest

Apple stocks jumped up 16 percent today on word of an analyst expectation that the stock could reach a price target of 100 per share in the next 12 months. This is pretty amazing considering that just a few months a go the stock was trading in the 19-30 range.

Apple is definitely here to stay... look at more market share gain in the next few months. Instead of buying my G5 system last year... I should have just dumped the money into getting some of the stocks. Its good to know that my current platform won't be disappearing anytime soon though.

Apple stocks jumped up 16 percent today on word of an analyst expectation that the stock could reach a price target of 100 per share in the next 12 months. This is pretty amazing considering that just a few months a go the stock was trading in the 19-30 range.

Apple is definitely here to stay... look at more market share gain in the next few months. Instead of buying my G5 system last year... I should have just dumped the money into getting some of the stocks. Its good to know that my current platform won't be disappearing anytime soon though.

Will be interesting to see what happens to the stock if/when real competition to the ipod comes out...AND what the happens if/when prices start to fall on the newer-better competitors...

Guest pod

I can see an ever-growing marketshare for Apple based on the iPod alone. For some people, just having a simple audio player does them just fine.

For the enthusiast market, the PC will be dominant for awhile...by enthusiast I mean the type who constantly have their cases open, trying and buying the latest hardware, or pushing commodity components until they start smoking and sparking. Think the 21st century equivalent of hot-rodders.

Having a Mac is like having a Benz, it looks nice and does quite well in the performance arena. As of right now there's no Brabus for this Benz though. Brabus is the company that modifies Mercedes.

Having a PC is like having a stock GTO, ripping out the engine, putting a big block 451, or something crazy like a helicopter engine, and taking it out to do the quarter mile. You might shred the competition, but if you don't know what you're doing, you might just blow up halfway down the track, killing yourself and 200 spectators.

As for the student discounts, not all of us are students! Besides, student = wanker. ;D

Guest pod

You don't know the guys I know then. The motherboard often is one of the first things to come out after six months. ;D

Yeah Macs are upgradable, but you don't see Mac users going off about it.

My main issue with the Mac, and why I think it's going to be a tough sell to grab meaningful market share, is that most people still use PCs at work...when they go home, if they have a computer it just makes sense that it's a PC too. Once you see most businesses adopting the Mac, that will indicate to me that the tide is turning...

As for the ipod...it's great, amazing, in fact...I love mine. That said, it doesn't seem unreasonable to me that someone comes out with something smaller, faster, cheaper, better that will put up meaningful competition to the ipod. Then I am curious what happens to the stock price...

Guest endymion

For the enthusiast market, the PC will be dominant for awhile...by enthusiast I mean the type who constantly have their cases open, trying and buying the latest hardware, or pushing commodity components until they start smoking and sparking. Think the 21st century equivalent of hot-rodders.

That's me. My overclocked Athlon server machine has a window on the side so that I can watch for smoke from the motherboard.

I still prefer Macs. Next upgrade cycle this hot rod goes and gets replaced with a dual G5 that does more with less hassle.

Guest pod

Competition is good. Apple made all the other hardware firms sit up and take notice of the portable music player market. Hell, HP just said the hell with it and licensed the iPod.

The iPod is successful because of it's simplicity. Get your tracks, drag, and drop. I'm sure that it will be similar if they do a video iPod.

Guest web_norah

what the studies say, is macs are catching on in college, but not in the real world. They don't know the extent in which the college grads graduate and then buy a pc or mac...

lots of TV editing uses MAC

music uses MAC

film uses MAC

graphic designers use MAC

magazine uses MAC

hmmmmm the real world doesnt use mac?

what the studies say, is macs are catching on in college, but not in the real world. They don't know the extent in which the college grads graduate and then buy a pc or mac...

music uses MAC

film uses MAC

magazine uses MAC

here we go...

music uses MAC

film uses MAC

magazine uses MAC

Mac has 3% of the market

Guest pod

What I think Saleen is getting at is that Macs are primarily oriented towards the industries Norah mentioned, whereas PCs are in the "real world" of your average Joe....

I don't think anyone disagrees, it's a better computer.

Again though, I can see the average person who spends his day with two buttons on his mouse not taking the leap to a different technology at home...

Just to make a note here... Mac computers can use a regular PC mouse. They just come from the factory with an Apple one button mouse. So we have average people in our 3% of the market cult with two/three button mouses... track balls, etc. Other than the logic board (mother board) and processor on the later models... almost anything else can be updated with regular PC components.

That's great. All Macs I've ever used have the one button. It's a bit of a mind-fu*k when you keep trying to click the right buttonw...

Guest pod

The one thing Apple still has to shake off is the belief that they are overpriced. There's reasonably priced iMacs, yeah, but not a lot of people know that.

That and stop making case designs based on what the Queer Eye focus group says. ;D

With the exception of the latest G5, the case designs are horrid.

Guest macboy

First thing I do with every new Mac I purchase is put the mouse up for sale on ebay. I use a Microsoft 4 button trackwheel. I agree that the single-button mouse is the most annoying feature of the Mac.