Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Adios Dan Rather

Guest slamminshaun

Guest JMT

thats so disrespectful >:(

bwahahaha! the pot calling the kettle black...

i liked brokaw through the years but rather is overdue. jennings is still my favorite of the 3.

thats so disrespectful >:(

i liked both Tom Brokaw and Rather.

I hardly ever watch the night time news, or really any news at all - I get all my information from the CJ forums.

Not sure what I should be respecting here. I mean it's great to be happy for someone for having a long and full career doing what they want to do, but all-in-all this doesn't affect my life one iota (or ion) ;)

Guest slamminshaun

Likeability doesn't seem to equate to ratings for Dan Rather. His ratings have been plummeting for the past 15 years with no sight of improvement. Although Tom Brokaw receives the highest ratings, his ratings are not nearly what they were, as are Peter Jennings'. As with all business, especially the TV business, if you don't produce, you gotta go!! Being caught using forged documents against the President doesn't help either.

At the same time, news organizations such as Fox, have gained incredible market share. In fact, CNN has now asked their anchors to show "more passion" on the air as to compete with Fox News (Source: Los Angeles Times).

Guest tres-b

If Rather had any integrity left, he would have resigned after the National Guard fiasco before the election.

The media is better off without him.

Guest guyman1966

I prefer Al Roker myself... :P Man should've been a stand-up comic, not a weatherman.

Anyone see the best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog where he's on Hollywood Squares sitting beside Roker?

So funny.

I missed that - is it on the best of CD?

Guest slamminshaun

I prefer Al Roker myself... :P Man should've been a stand-up comic, not a weatherman.

he only rode Willard Scott's coattails. ;)

got Smuckers?

Anyone see the best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog where he's on Hollywood Squares sitting beside Roker?

So funny.

I missed that - is it on the best of CD?

Yup. It's a great buy...I highly recommend it.