Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dj Shit List......

Guest LeVeL

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LdySphynx

Oh Oh, I got one.....I swear that I went to Crobar to hear this guy, cause I had never heard him before.

Man I should have just left it at that.......David Waxman!!!!

I don't know if that night he had the Flu or something, but he sucked it big time.....worse time I ever had at Crobar!!!!

Guest lyrik

Erick Morillo

why?

Yeah, this I gotta hear!!!!

Now of course this is personal opinion and I use to actually kinda like Morillo...hmm maybe 7-8 years ago...but..

he is over-rated as a DJ - the music he and his camp makes is for the most part mainstream commercialized house and there are a lot more talented house DJs out there (technically speaking - don't buy into this CDJ crap) I have seen Morillo trainwreck vinyl after vinyl...just because technology has finally caught up and given certain Djs the advatage of shortening the learning curve doesn't really mean that they are that gifted...Morillo is becoming or has already become the Tiesto of house music. Quality with mass appeal - is it possible ???

People have been force feed this for so long that they truly believe this is what quality and originality is in dance (house)music. Its clever marketing and business savvy - I'll give the subliminal camp that....they recoginzed the trends in dance music ala the success of easliy accessible music for the masses and picked up on the coat tails of the trance fad that began in the mid to late 90's and in repsonse changed their production quality and marketing strategy to fit a broader spectrum...thats smart business and an eye on how to read the audience - why not follow suit with how the trance explosion took off...subliminal did have have good success early on...and their productions back in their early years were not bad (I still have more than a few)...but they evolved from that and kept up with the more profitable competition by taking a page from their play book and producing music that could not only appeal to one demographic, but to many....but for me I would rather save my money see a truly gifted DJ in the booth and hear music that is a little less predictable...but hey thats just me. :)

Guest durrtylexx

Erick Morillo

why?

Yeah, this I gotta hear!!!!

Now of course this is personal opinion and I use to actually kinda like Morillo...hmm maybe 7-8 years ago...but..

he is over-rated as a DJ - the music he and his camp makes is for the most part mainstream commercialized house and there are a lot more talented house DJs out there (technically speaking - don't buy into this CDJ crap) I have seen Morillo trainwreck vinyl after vinyl...just because technology has finally caught up and given certain Djs the advatage of shortening the learning curve doesn't really mean that they are that gifted...Morillo is becoming or has already become the Tiesto of house music. Quality with mass appeal - is it possible ???

People have been force feed this for so long that they truly believe this is what quality and originality is in dance (house)music. Its clever marketing and business savvy - I'll give the subliminal camp that....they recoginzed the trends in dance music ala the success of easliy accessible music for the masses and picked up on the coat tails of the trance fad that began in the mid to late 90's and in repsonse changed their production quality and marketing strategy to fit a broader spectrum...thats smart business and an eye on how to read the audience - why not follow suit with how the trance explosion took off...subliminal did have have good success early on...and their productions back in their early years were not bad (I still have more than a few)...but they evolved from that and kept up with the more profitable competition by taking a page from their play book and producing music that could not only appeal to one demographic, but to many....but for me I would rather save my money see a truly gifted DJ in the booth and hear music that is a little less predictable...but hey thats just me. :)

Morillo's recent cd's have been nothing but dissapointing..Just look at his latest tracklisting..Subliminal Winter Sessions 2

Disc 1

01. Gadjo - So Many Times

02. Alex Neri - House Track

03. The Hool presents Hool & Bruckheimer - In The Beginning

04. David Guetta - Stay (Fuzzy Hair remix)

05. DJ Pierre - Turn It Up (Richard F remix)

06. Morillo feat Audio Bullys - Break Down The Doors (Fuzzy Hair remix)

07. Spektrum - Kinda New (Tiefschwarz dub)

08. Anthony Acid - Infatuation

09. Man With Guitar - Man With Guitar

10. Lost Daze - International Underground

11. Tiga - Pleasure From The Bass

12. Carlinhos Brown & DJ Dero presents Candyall Beat - Bocarriba

Disc 2

01. Saeed Younan - You Know I've Got It

02. Soul Central - Strings Of Life (Martjin Ten Velden & Mark Knights Toolroom mix)

03. Calderone & Quale - Resonate (DJ Vibe mix)

04. Morillo feat P Diddy - My World

05. Wink - Evil Acid

06. Mode Hooker (aka Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso) - Swing Me Daddy

07. Dirt Technic - I Love You

08. Phunk Electric - Red Hot

09. Whirlpool Productions - Disco To Disco

10. Alter Ego - Rocker

11. Sucker DJ's - Circles

12. Ty Tek & Little Mike - Party Ride

Mind you he's a great party DJ, but not a great House DJ.

Guest web_norah

this is a very non constructive thread and i refuse to post a name -- we know what we like and thats it.

if you dont like someone for whatever reason then dont go see them. i dont like lowest common denominator trance, and thus, i dont go see anyone who plays such style.

Guest LeVeL

this is a very non constructive thread and i refuse to post a name -- we know what we like and thats it.

if you dont like someone for whatever reason then dont go see them. i dont like lowest common denominator trance, and thus, i dont go see anyone who plays such style.

ahhhhhhh shut up :-X

you of all people i would think would bash a bunch of djs...and your keeping your mouth closed.

We all have our list of Shit Djs that we dont think are all that good. But then someone else can think they are a god. Its your opinion that matters. not everyone in the world suppose to like what you like cuzz you say so.

Guest LdySphynx

Oh please Norah, more than half of these threads that are created are non constructive....yet we all post!!!

You are basically just posting your opinion, its not like you are being graded on any of it!!!!

It's just to pass the time, besides if you don't like a thread don't waste your time posting that you don't like it....just dont post at all!!!

I, on the other hand, am a cheesemuncher in househead disguise!

narren_024.gif

Guest web_norah

continue the bash fest...

Phlip, you know that cheese trance is rotten and bad for the ears but we wont be using names will we?

continue the bash fest...

Phlip, you know that cheese trance is rotten and bad for the ears but we wont be using names will we?

OMFG!!!!!! Armpit Van Boring is GOD!!! I DIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!! love-smiley-083.gif

someone obviously told you what to write .. cause i know that your dumbass isnt smart enough to come up with something that smart.. 8)

Guest web_norah

someone obviously told you what to write .. cause i know that your dumbass isnt smart enough to come up with something that smart.. 8)

shut up already. what a pansy you are. that was way weak

im trying to be nice

Guest Cosmigonon

if you dont like someone for whatever reason then dont go see them. i dont like lowest common denominator trance' date=' and thus, i dont go see anyone who plays such style.

[/quote']

ahhhhhhh shut up :-X

LOL, I was about to post the same thing ;D

Guest web_norah

im trying to be nice

how sweet

Guest kartmarktart

everybody lets sing togething....

jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way

oh how fun it is to be repulsed by people writing inchorente thoughts about people...

:D:P:)