Clubplanet Nightlife Community

club-related drug arrests

Guest saintjohn

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JMT

when the supras (and NSXs for that matter) came out they were the bomb.

the old 300Zs did a low 5 tick 0-60 stock too. ive got some old motor trends around somewhere...

Some idiots like Saleen just don't get it. If you can not put out 100 hp per liter in a high performance engine you are not saying much. A lot of the high performance japanese engines never make it to these shores. Let's look at some examples just to be fair.

These japan only cars never made it to the US. And if you only read Road & Track and Motor Trend you would never know. To make an unbiased judgement you must read and research magazines from around the world. Something I'm pretty sure caveman Saleen and his Nascar beer swilling buddies do not do. I'm not even sure if he KNOWS how to read. Let's look at specific hp per liter output.

But anyways, here it goes: Naturally aspirated engines

Nissan Primera: FWD 4 cylinders 2 liters: 200hp

Toyota Altezza: RWD 4 cylinders 2 liters: 210hp

Mitsubishi FTO: FWD small 6 cylinder 2 liters : 200hp

Toyota Levin: FWD 4 cylinder 1.6 liters : 170 hp

Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg (japan only): 1.6 liters: 165 hp

Honda civic Type R( Japan and europe only) 2 liters: 200 hp

just to name a few.

And now Turbocharged Japan only cars.

(Remember that in japan they had a gentleman's agreement that prevented manufacturers from posting a car's true output. They were not allowed to post anything over 280 hp, Mongrels like Saleen are too ignorant to know things like this)

Totota Chaser: 2.5 liters inline 6 cyl twin turbo. Claimed output 280 hp. Real output : 330hp

Nissan Skyline: 2.6 liters inline 6 cyl twin turbo. Claimed output 280 hp: Real output: 340hp

Mitsubishi GTO: 3 liters V-6 twin turbo. Claimed output 280hp

Real output closer to 350 hp

Mazda Cosmo : 2 liters rotary twin turbo. Claimed ouput 280hp. Real output 310hp

Toyota Supra: 3 liter inline 6 twin turbo: 350hp (japan spec)

And Now for my favorite naturally aspirated european cars

BMW M3: inline 6 cylinder 3.2 liters : 343 hp ( euro spec)

Posche 911 carerra GT3: horizontally opposed flat 6 cylinder 3.6 liters: 380 hp.

BMW M5 : 10 cylinder V10 5 liters 507 hp(euro spec)

Ferrari F430: 4.3 liter V-8: 483 hp

My favorite Turbocharged Euros

Audi RS4(europe only) 2.7 liter V6 twin turbo: 380hp

Porsche 911 turbo GT2: 3.6 liter flat 6 twin turbo : 456hp

Reanult Megane Turbo: 2 liter 4 cylinder turbo : 225 hp(detuned)

And let's compare them to American Shitcle, i mean muscle.

Viper 8.3 liters 500 hp please.

Corvette c6 7 liters 500 hp please.

Mustang svt Cobra 5.4 liters supercharged 390 HP please.

Not impressive. At all. these engines are underachievers to say the least, waste of iron.

Don't cry yet. Before you start crying let's look at motorsports. Nascar engines displace about 7 to 8 liters and make 700 hp. About 100hp/liter. Japs and euros make that in their street cars. Formula 1 engines displace 3.5 liters and make upwards of 900 hp. Over 300hp/liter Any questions?

Before you bash the euros and japs, look at specific output per liter. That's what tells the truth. If you look at all the Japanese and European cars listed above. They all make or exceed 100 hp per liter of displacement. Their american counterparts however make an average of 60 hp per liter. Now which engineers need to go back to school?

Some idiots like Saleen just don't get it. If you can not put out 100 hp per liter in a high performance engine you are not saying much. A lot of the high performance japanese engines never make it to these shores. Let's look at some examples just to be fair.

These japan only cars never made it to the US. And if you only read Road & Track and Motor Trend you would never know. To make an unbiased judgement you must read and research magazines from around the world. Something I'm pretty sure caveman Saleen and his Nascar beer swilling buddies do not do. I'm not even sure if he KNOWS how to read. Let's look at specific hp per liter output.

But anyways' date=' here it goes: Naturally aspirated engines

Nissan Primera: FWD 4 cylinders 2 liters: 200hp

Toyota Altezza: RWD 4 cylinders 2 liters: 210hp

Mitsubishi FTO: FWD small 6 cylinder 2 liters : 200hp

Toyota Levin: FWD 4 cylinder 1.6 liters : 170 hp

Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg (japan only): 1.6 liters: 165 hp

Honda civic Type R( Japan and europe only) 2 liters: 200 hp

just to name a few.

And now Turbocharged Japan only cars.

(Remember that in japan they had a gentleman's agreement that prevented manufacturers from posting a car's true output. They were not allowed to post anything over 280 hp, Mongrels like Saleen are too ignorant to know things like this)

Totota Chaser: 2.5 liters inline 6 cyl twin turbo. Claimed output 280 hp. Real output : 330hp

Nissan Skyline: 2.6 liters inline 6 cyl twin turbo. Claimed output 280 hp: Real output: 340hp

Mitsubishi GTO: 3 liters V-6 twin turbo. Claimed output 280hp

Real output closer to 350 hp

Mazda Cosmo : 2 liters rotary twin turbo. Claimed ouput 280hp. Real output 300hp

And Now for my favorite naturally aspirated european cars

BMW M3: inline 6 cylinder 3.2 liters : 343 hp ( euro spec)

Posche 911 carerra GT3: horizontally opposed flat 6 cylinder 3.6 liters: 380 hp.

BMW M5 : 10 cylinder V10 5 liters 507 hp(euro spec)

Ferrari F430: 4.3 liter V-8: 483 hp

My favorite Turbocharged Euros

Audi RS4(europe only) 2.7 liter V6: 380hp

Porsche 911 turbo GT2: 3.6 liter flat 6 : 456hp

Reanult Megane Turbo: 2 liter 4 cylinder turbo : 225 hp(detuned)

And let's compare them to American Shitcle, i mean muscle.

Viper 8.3 liters 500 hp please.

Corvette c6 7 liters 500 hp please.

Mustang svt Cobra 5.4 liters supercharged 390 HP please.

Not impressive. At all. these engines are underachievers to say the least, waste of iron.

Don't cry yet. Before you start crying let's look at motorsports. Nascar engines displace about 7 to 8 liters and make 700 hp. About 100hp/liter. Japs and euros make that in their street cars. Formula 1 engines displace 3.5 liters and make upwards of 900 hp. Over 300hp/liter Any questions?

Before you bash the euros and japs, look at specific output per liter. That's what tells the truth. If you look at all the Japanese and European cars listed above. They all make or exceed 100 hp per liter of displacement. Their american counterparts however make an average of 60 hp per liter. Now which engineers need to go back to school?

[/quote']

well said

Thanks Diogo, you just reminded me that I forgot to mention The Audi RS6: 4.2 liter twin turbo V8 = 450 hp. The updated version due next month in europe will make 480 hp. Smaller displacement+turbo yet makes more power than supercharged american v8's with more displacement. Saleen you're a total doorknob.

lol total thread jack from drugs to cars...

cars r my legal addiction...well somewhat legal ::)

LOL yeah, I didn't mean to thread jack but I will not put up with arrogant morons/cavemen who know nothing about specific power output and want to bash all car makers who are not domestic.

Guest pod

I need to let Rick loose in Hialeah. Teach all those ricers a lesson or ten.

There's imports that do quite well, for certain. It is just a damn shame that the rice rocket crowd has given them a bad name, just as the "beer-swilling NASCAR" crowd has given building domestic hot-rods a bad name. Both crowds put out good performing vehicles, unfortunately, the bad side tends to draw all the flack. There are good domestic performance vehicles out there, just as there's good import performers as well. Not all American car engineers need to be sent back to school. I've seen some frighteningly bad engineering come from every car company.

That being said, I would much rather save my dollars and cents for the European performance vehicles. The Japanese put out the practical versions, if you will. Frankly, I'm not thrilled with the styling and ergonomics of most Japanese cars. There's something to be said for sitting in a finely crafted German, English or Italian car, be it a luxury or a performance model....it just fits better. With the Japanese vehicles, it feels too cookie-cutter. Am I being snooty? Sure!

Oh, and bear in mind that import you are driving was probably Hecho En Mexico, Made in the USA, Fabrique Au Canada, or something to that effect. There's really no such thing as a true import or domestic vehicle anymore. That rice rocket could easily be a bean burrito machine.

There's imports that do quite well, for certain. It is just a damn shame that the rice rocket crowd has given them a bad name, just as the "beer-swilling NASCAR" crowd has given building domestic hot-rods a bad name. Both crowds put out good performing vehicles, unfortunately, the bad side tends to draw all the flack. There are good domestic performance vehicles out there, just as there's good import performers as well. Not all American car engineers need to be sent back to school. I've seen some frighteningly bad engineering come from every car company.

That being said, I would much rather save my dollars and cents for the European performance vehicles. The Japanese put out the practical versions, if you will. Frankly, I'm not thrilled with the styling and ergonomics of most Japanese cars. There's something to be said for sitting in a finely crafted German, English or Italian car, be it a luxury or a performance model....it just fits better. With the Japanese vehicles, it feels too cookie-cutter. Am I being snooty? Sure!

Oh, and bear in mind that import you are driving was probably Hecho En Mexico, Made in the USA, Fabrique Au Canada, or something to that effect. There's really no such thing as a true import or domestic vehicle anymore. That rice rocket could easily be a bean burrito machine.

the chasis were all fabricated in japan and the car was put together in mexico, us, ect...parts r still for the most part jdm..."japan domestic market"

Guest LdySphynx

Your Honda's from Mexico, don't be ashamed of it. I know everyone hates the Mexicans, but still ;D

Yeah, and it's called La Onda!!!!!

Now you see, this is why I always enjoy having online discussions with POD. He doesn't make stupid biased and shallow comments, and he always posts intelligently. Saleen on the other hand sounds like a dumb, not to mention ignorant rifle wielding redneck/guido/ape from the outskirts of Jersey that never passed grade school yet attempts to sound smart. It's Impossible to have a peaceful discussion with this jughead, only pointless never ending arguments. His little mind won't allow him to do anything else or rationalize beyond that. POD I agree about fine european cars. They do have that unmistakable fit, finish and refinement that I love. I'm a big German and Swedish car fanatic. I love the Italians too because their car designs are pure emotion. However what I wanted to point out to you is that when you look at Japanese cars, they might not have the design flair, passion and emotion that European cars are known for but, in the Lexus LS430 the refinement is top notch as well, maybe not in a European sense but in their own way. The LS430 for those that don't know is called a Toyota Celsior in Japan and comes exactly the way you get it here with even more refinement. Toyota has been producing ultra luxury cars in Japan with reclining rear seats etc... since the 1950's but they could not bring them in the states as Toyotas because in this country Toyotas were known as economy cars. So it woudn't make sense. Believe it or not, The LS430 as luxurious as it is in the states and Japan is just considered a "regular" Luxo car in Japan. The Japanese have a bad habit of keeping the best cars at home. The top of the line is called The Toyota Century, which is basically a Super Luxury Sedan that sort of looks like a Japanese Bentley that only executives and goverment officials drive. It has a V12 engine up front RWD and luxury and refinement that will make an LS430 blush and costs around $100,000. Don't think that all jap cars are cheap, it's not true. They just keep the best at home.

For the record Pod. I'm a car guy altogether, If i was loaded I'd be worse than Jay Leno. I don't hate domestics. If I was that biased I wouldn't be a true car guy. I just feel like as far as engineering and specific output per liter goes, American engineers still have more to learn. I just have to sound very extreme and stoop to Saleen's level to teach him something. Trying to reason with this ape from an intelligent point of view is futile. He, unfortunately is burdened with having profound mental retardation, and that's the only way this birdbrain will understand, as English is not his first language. Guidonics is......... But anyways, I mostly like old school domestics. Like the Shelby Mustang that was in "Gone in 60 seconds". The Shelby Cobra 427. The Chevelle. Duster, GTO, The Corvette Stingray, among many others. For some reason or an other, I am just not impressed with the new ones, they just strike me as pure junk. It's as if domestic car manufacturers don't have any passion or drive when making cars anymore. I sat inside a 2002 vette and the interior was dare I say, low rent. Nothing special about it, looked almost identical to a chevy lumina on the inside. For a car in that price range that's a shame. The mustangs of the same year have this cheap shiny plastic interior. Yuck

Does anyone know where I can get some meth, coke and ecstasy? Thanks! :D

pm saleen !! i hear hes got some good shit that keeps all the guidos at space !!

To sum up why you are a jackass who knows nothing I'll respond to your viper comments.

FLAT

TORQUE

CURVE

FLAT TORQUE CURVE with what? a 5000 rpm redline? No revs at all and and no power. 8.3 liters and 500 hp how pathetic. That's what happens when you refuse to evolve like the rest of the world and continue using pushrod engines instead of overhead cam designs. Gimme a break. You end up in 5th gear before the first corner. Oops I forgot Domestics can't turn, were only meant to go in a straight line. How prehistoric.

With that much displacement a euro or jap V10 motor would easily make upwards of 850hp with no forced induction. A formula 1 motor makes over 900 and that's with 3.5 liters or less and revs to 18,000 rpms. They do a 0-60 sprint in 1.6 quarter mile in 9 secs and they are not even geared for drag racing. Any questions you dumb ogre? Again with no forced induction.You give up some torque for revs and ultimately more power. That moron Hennessy needs twin turbos to make that much. A couple of months ago Turbo magazine featured a modified steet driven Supra stroked to 3.4 liters and single turbo, full interior making 1100 dyno proven HP and 946 ft/lbs of torque TO THE WHEELS, all turbo no NOS. Import engines are half the size and make twice the power, you monkey. When I see stuff like that Domestics simply cannot impress me you cockslobber. Waste of metal.