Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FDA OKs Ecstasy

V. Barbarino

Guest mursa

i think the taxpayer expenditures on inprisoning nonviolent drug offenders far exceed your hypothetical scenarios.

And that's the most tragic aspect of this whole drug mess this country is in .

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mursa

so getting kids off drugs such as lsd and weed is a way to control people?????

control, lol.....

lmao....I just love the way you play scramble with peoples responses so as to favor your rational .

read my responses more carefully and take a few seconds to brainstorm .

my argument is lame? My argument is fact based and is the core of most economic programs in US universities. Pod lives in fantasy world... The countries that have legalized drugs are a mess....

While I agree the cost of putting people in jail is high, but it is far cheaper than what would happen if you flat out make it legal to do drugs.

The problem is not the drug laws but the federal drug sentencing laws that were forced upon us I think in the Regan years. We have handcuffed judges hands when it comes to common sense sentencing.

From doctors to lawyers, to lawsuits to morality questions to the cost of the sheets you'd use in your triage... it all has a cost!!!!!!! TINSSAAFL.....

Guest mursa

... The countries that have legalized drugs are a mess....

There isn't a country where drugs are legalized ..........it's more of countries where drug usage is viewed as a HEALTH issue and not a CRIMINAL issue as the US currently views .

thats why Europe is currently light years ahead of the Us when it comes to this .

Guest pod

There's a good take on it. The handling of the situation is messed up. I think Saleen and Mursa have found common ground on the issue.

People think Holland is a drug using paradise. The reality is, only soft drugs like weed are "tolerated", which is to say personal use is alright, but mass dealing is illegal unless you're a licensed purveyor. Hard drugs like ecstasty and coke are still illegal. But, they handle it as more of a health issue rather than a crime issue, at least on the using/purchasing end. Dealing is treated as a criminal issue for obvious reasons.

Guest JMT

i dont know of a country that has legalized "manufactured" drugs such as cocaine and mdma. in amsterdam only naturally grown drugs are legal, such as pot, mushrooms, peyote, etc.

Guest mursa

There's a good take on it. The handling of the situation is messed up. I think Saleen and Mursa have found common ground on the issue.

People think Holland is a drug using paradise. The reality is, only soft drugs like weed are "tolerated", which is to say personal use is alright, but mass dealing is illegal unless you're a licensed purveyor. Hard drugs like ecstasty and coke are still illegal. But, they handle it as more of a health issue rather than a crime issue, at least on the using/purchasing end. Dealing is treated as a criminal issue for obvious reasons.

Thanks for enforcing my point . 8)

Guest dino

I read about this in USA Today the other day. I also saw a 60 minutes special on x and part of it was this couple where the husband had cancer. Every once in a while they would each take pills and said it really helped the husband forget the cancer and allowed them to share a great, worry free night together.

I am interested to see what the studies "official" findings are.

Guest Cosmigonon

i think the taxpayer expenditures on inprisoning nonviolent drug offenders far exceed your hypothetical scenarios.

Exactly. The war on drugs, will never be worn. I can forsee a future, probably a hundred years, give or take, when drugs will be made legal. Just wait and see.

Guest r3nz0
Exactly. The war on drugs, will never be worn. I can forsee a future, probably a hundred years, give or take, when drugs will be made legal. Just wait and see.

100 years from now? Maybe your children or grandchildren will see that.

At the rate we drink, we won't make it 20 more. :P

Guest Cosmigonon

100 years from now? Maybe your children or grandchildren will see that.

At the rate we drink, we won't make it 20 more. :P

It was figuratively speaking, obviously.

Guest XxGrOoVeERICxX

This is great and all, but it will never be legal....

Government wants to control 100% everything you say, do, take, etc. and when it comes to "x" there would be people out there who will still be able to manufacture it on their own, like it's done now, so governement has no real benefit in making it legal. Perfect example: marijuana. I do believe it has some positive effects for terminally ill patients, but the government will never legallize it because anyone can grow it on their own. So no taxes, no profit, no nothing for government = illegal

But it's ok to take the drugs they do profit from.... :P

Are you that dumb??? You can grow your own corn but for some reason we don't. You can make your own beer but for some reason we don't. You can even make your own clothes, but for some reason we don't...

Your argument is that of a 3 year old immigrant in Dade county...

Taxes??? The real issue is: NSSAAFL <<<< get an education you dumb idiot..

MDMA was banned in 1984 once everyone and their mother was getting fucked up on it thoughout the 70's..

F*** YOU!

Have a nice day! ;D

BTW dumbass, it was banned in 1985...talk about an education ::)

my argument is lame? My argument is fact based and is the core of most economic programs in US universities. Pod lives in fantasy world... The countries that have legalized drugs are a mess....

While I agree the cost of putting people in jail is high, but it is far cheaper than what would happen if you flat out make it legal to do drugs.

The problem is not the drug laws but the federal drug sentencing laws that were forced upon us I think in the Regan years. We have handcuffed judges hands when it comes to common sense sentencing.

From doctors to lawyers, to lawsuits to morality questions to the cost of the sheets you'd use in your triage... it all has a cost!!!!!!! TINSSAAFL.....

this coming from a crossdresser ?? wtf ??

073.jpg