Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Internet dating: Advise me Junkies!

Guest EaglesFan2120

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cosmigonon

Well...I was to meet her at her work (resturaunt) last night....but I got stood up. Really nice huh. Apparently she went home early.....make no mistake though, I happened to know a bartender ther & got the skinny. In his words "shes not my type, but she has an awesome personallity." Translation: Really nice girl, but pretty beat up.

No dice on this one junkies.....

Sounds too familiar...

Guest JMT

so you dont think maybe she saw you and bolted?

JK ;D

well consider yourself lucky, unless she is really hot and that dude didnt want you to meet her.

Guest web_norah

Internet Dating?!?!?!

Are you OUT OF YOUR MIND?!?! :o

You'd have to be CRAZY to actually meet random ppl off the internet... there's too many psychos out there!! :-X especially in those so-called forums...

::)

C'mon... lmao!!!

Go for it EaglesFan... all u gotta do is have an exit plan, JIC...

and tell us how it went!! ;)

Peace!

.- 8)

thank you

i knew i wasnt the only person who thought the whole concept was a little too insane...

Guest swirlundergrounder

Internet Dating?!?!?!

Are you OUT OF YOUR MIND?!?! :o

You'd have to be CRAZY to actually meet random ppl off the internet... there's too many psychos out there!! :-X especially in those so-called forums...

::)

C'mon... lmao!!!

Go for it EaglesFan... all u gotta do is have an exit plan, JIC...

and tell us how it went!! ;)

Peace!

.- 8)

thank you

i knew i wasnt the only person who thought the whole concept was a little too insane...

I don't know...My friend at work seems to have found the love of his life over the internet recently. It's been going so good, that he met her parents a few weeks ago and now he gets along great with her family and all the marbles...He's never been happier and she turned out to totally be his type. Infact they look good together...This all from meeting on friendster!!!!

Guest DrFired

Webcams are creepy.

Some here on CJ think MySpace is creepy. ::) It's all in what you use it for I guess.

True, but even when I talked to Michelle once via webcam so she could show me something I made her turn it off. FOR ME, it creeps me out no matter what I use it for.

LOL Carisa

Guest mikepayne

Who here can admit they've had an online hookup at least once in their life?

I'll admit it. Seriously, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. And for the record, hitting on someone online based on their picture is no more superficial than walking up to someone and hitting on them without knowing them based on what they look like in person.

Guest web_norah

i use a webcam for my family....but truth be told it can be a bit creepy, i dont know but i think there is a definite degree of psychos out there and the internet is an open invite for all walks of life...(pedophiles and perverts unite!)

i chat with friends and have met people on this board ...however, all my friends are still people i've met in person....

Guest swirlundergrounder

i use a webcam for my family....but truth be told it can be a bit creepy, i dont know but i think there is a definite degree of psychos out there and the internet is an open invite for all walks of life...(pedophiles and perverts unite!)

i chat with friends and have met people on this board ...however, all my friends are still people i've met in person....

But I still think that you are more likely to meet a creepy pevert in person who sees you and can take a liking in you immediately and follow you home from a club or a grocery store or anywhere..

Guest web_norah

But I still think that you are more likely to meet a creepy pevert in person who sees you and can take a liking in you immediately and follow you home from a club or a grocery store or anywhere..

and in the same fashion some sick pervert can see where you're logging in from, figure out your location and etc etc.

Don't meet girls from the internet. They are psycho!!!! And rarely do they look like their pics. This one chick sent me a pic of her, she looked pretty cute...... When I pulled up to her house I almost gagged. She was hideous....... looked like an offensive lineman. I didn't bother getting out of the car, I just stepped on it as fast as I could. Scary stuff :-X

Guest mp3some

Don't meet girls from the internet. They are psycho!!!! And rarely do they look like their pics. This one chick sent me a pic of her' date=' she looked pretty cute...... When I pulled up to her house I almost gagged. She was hideous....... looked like an offensive lineman. I didn't bother getting out of the car, I just stepped on it as fast as I could. Scary stuff

[/quote']

LMAO!!!

I can just picture it... *tires screeching right in front of her... nothing left but the dust and smoke off the speeding turbo' making a quick exit!...* classic internet dating! lol

Don't meet girls from the internet. They are psycho!!!! And rarely do they look like their pics. This one chick sent me a pic of her, she looked pretty cute...... When I pulled up to her house I almost gagged. She was hideous....... looked like an offensive lineman. I didn't bother getting out of the car, I just stepped on it as fast as I could. Scary stuff

LMAO!!!

I can just picture it... *tires screeching right in front of her... nothing left but the dust and smoke off the speeding turbo' making a quick exit!...* classic internet dating! lol

LMAO, that's exactly how it went down!!!! Funny thing is that I WAS driving a turbo car at the time. LOL. A modified Mazda mx-6 turbo, I was outta there in no time . ;D

Guest mikepayne

Don't meet girls from the internet. They are psycho!!!! And rarely do they look like their pics. This one chick sent me a pic of her' date=' she looked pretty cute...... When I pulled up to her house I almost gagged. She was hideous....... looked like an offensive lineman. I didn't bother getting out of the car, I just stepped on it as fast as I could. Scary stuff

[/quote']

LMAO!!!

LMAO, that's exactly how it went down!!!! Funny thing is that I WAS driving a turbo car at the time. LOL. A modified Mazda mx-6 turbo, I was outta there in no time . ;D

LOL... vroooooooooooompsssssssst

Don't meet girls from the internet. They are psycho!!!! And rarely do they look like their pics. This one chick sent me a pic of her, she looked pretty cute...... When I pulled up to her house I almost gagged. She was hideous....... looked like an offensive lineman. I didn't bother getting out of the car, I just stepped on it as fast as I could. Scary stuff

LMAO!!!

Mike, don't tell me you're a turbo fanatic too.LOL Only a true turbo nut would know the whole vroooompssst orchestrated popping and swooshing sounds that come from turbos ,wastegates and blow off valves. LOL ;D

Guest mikepayne

Mike' date=' don't tell me you're a turbo fanatic too.LOL Only a true turbo nut would know the whole vroooompssst orchestrated popping and swooshing sounds that come from turbos ,wastegates and blow off valves. LOL ;D

[/quote']

I wouldn't call myself a fanatic but I've driven them and I love the feeling (and the sound) of driving a turbo. I'd love a WRX STI if they didn't charge you so much extra above and beyond the normal WRX for non-motor improvements like the badging and body kit.

Guest pod

There's plenty of psychos online, and there's plenty of nice people as well. I'm not really weirded out by webcams, the way I see it, functionality like that will be standard in most communications applicances soon. The upcoming cell phones from Nokia and Motorola will support 2-way video conversations on the proper networks.

As far as meeting people off of various websites, if you want to play it safe, the easiest way is to meet in a public place, or with friends if you are picking him or her up from their home.

It is odd, a lot of you are slagging on meeting people online, but yet most of you know each other from this very website!

Guest LeVeL

It is odd, a lot of you are slagging on meeting people online, but yet most of you know each other from this very website!

dam you hit the nail on the coffin brotha...

But the truth is the people here on cooljunkie are not trying to hook up...well if it happens it happens but the sole reason people meet and post on this website is because of the music,free entrances to the clubs, the chance to know the latest news in clubland...lalala.

In those strictly dating websites and chatrooms....you know the who reason behind it.

Besides it isn't like in our profiles you see setting for what we like to do in our free time. What kind of girl/guy you prefer ect...all the stupid shit those sites ask.