Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Door Nazis

Guest Davenavarro10

Guest Davenavarro10

We've all come acroos them before. The dreaded door nazis. Off the top of my head I can think of two. The foreign guy who works the door at Oxygen in the Grove, and the hot blonde who works the door at Crobar on friday nights. I also hear that Opium has an entire fleet of nazis working there. What other places can you guys think of that have these jerks working the door?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Davenavarro10

I guess. The weather sucks, and there's nothing to watch on t.v. But if you think about it, there never is anything good to watch on t.v.

Yeah we have all dealt with them before.

The blonde at Crobar has her moods, so I have hit her on good night and bad nights and one night she knows who Ia m and thext weekend its liek she has never seen me.

As for the Opium French door guys, well I just learned to not deal with them and use the Prive entrance or get in contact with with someone via cell phone that is promoting or DJ'ing the event and have them come out and bring me in themselves.

Shore Club used to be a problem along with Mynt the few times I went, then i leanred not to go there at all

I do have the dubious distinction of getting thrown out of Mynt :o

Guest durrtylexx

Mr Navarro, has brought up good points, and I agree with him.The blonde at Crobar is a bitch and the Frech assholes at Prive can be a pain..Although the prive guys arn't that bad, just give them cash and they're happy..Mynt, Skybar and other "hot spots" are ok as long as your with a hot girl..

Guest Davenavarro10

I just don't like going to nightclubs much, because clubs I consider are like fantasyland. A lot of the people are fake. It's all about putting on an act. People just trying to show-off and impress other people. You'd be surprised as to how many people go out to a nightclub and pretend to have tons of money, when the truth is that they have no money whatsoever and are probably starving. But then again, I think that's just Miami in general.

Guest rollyp66

I just don't like going to nightclubs much, because clubs I consider are like fantasyland. A lot of the people are fake. It's all about putting on an act. People just trying to show-off and impress other people. You'd be surprised as to how many people go out to a nightclub and pretend to have tons of money, when the truth is that they have no money whatsoever and are probably starving. But then again, I think that's just Miami in general.

actually that is everywhere...but believe it or not there are plenty of "real " people out there.

actually that is everywhere...but believe it or not there are plenty of "real " people out there.

Very true. Both have very good points.

Oh yeah and remember when Stefan was space? Man I hated him......

Guest durrtylexx

next time smile at her alex...trust me it works...esp when she's trying to be snotty...if u want i'll even introduce you next time ;)

other than that i dont go to prive, mansion, mynt bs clubs that u must have leather pants and a bottom up shirt w/ the first 3 bottons open exposing ur unshaven chest hair...

ahh she's aight I guess, I had a problem with her once..fuck it..its all good..it is what it is..

Guest rollyp66

Then why the hell do you post on a nightlife messageboard if yo don't like nightlife?

That was my next question.... Rats foiled again...

next time smile at her alex...trust me it works...esp when she's trying to be snotty...if u want i'll even introduce you next time ;)

other than that i dont go to prive, mansion, mynt bs clubs that u must have leather pants and a bottom up shirt w/ the first 3 bottons open exposing ur unshaven chest hair...

ahh she's aight I guess, I had a problem with her once..fuck it..its all good..it is what it is..

give her that look u know the one that says "im checking u out look" than smile...when she's been snotty...all they want is attention...they wanna see how ur gonna react, u know a challenge 8)

Guest Davenavarro10

I like to see what you guys think about certain topics. I for one would rather go to a party at someone's house instead of a nightclub any day. I also like reading what people like saleen have to say. These forums are very entertaining.

Guest rollyp66

I like to see what you guys think about certain topics. I for one would rather go to a party at someone's house instead of a nightclub any day. I also like reading what people like saleen have to say. These forums are very entertaining.

OIC so you are a fan of Saleen's lol... one of his few

Guest SOBEGUY

I love the velvet rope, it's what makes the prestige of the club. These door Nazis you speak of are professionals who have been working in the industry for years. They know when to lift the rope, and who should and shouldn't be allowed in. If only you knew the extensive training that these Nazis you speak of go through. It's a tough tough job, but someones got to do it.

Very true. Both have very good points.

Oh yeah and remember when Stefan was space? Man I hated him......

stefan oy vey :P

Guest pod

I'll side with sobeguy there to an extent. Some doorguys are just out and out jerks...believe it or not, they are the ones who get fired too.

The doorguys most people rag on are actually doing their job. Back in the day, Steve Rubell put it best when he instructed his doorpeople to mix the 'perfect salad' of the crowd for his clubs. Doorpeople are doing just that....from the clubs like Space where it is a line, to the mass out front of Opium or crobar, the doorguy is doing his job by screening for potential retards. Paying cover or not, no club I know wants to deliberately let assholes in.

I can say this because over the years, I've gotten to know a lot of doorpeople 'off the clock' so to speak, and have been privy to the ins and outs of doing 'the door'.....not you, perhaps you, and never you!

Guest vegasguy25

I love the velvet rope, it's what makes the prestige of the club. These door Nazis you speak of are professionals who have been working in the industry for years. They know when to lift the rope, and who should and shouldn't be allowed in. If only you knew the extensive training that these Nazis you speak of go through. It's a tough tough job, but someones got to do it.

Uh, no. I agree with you that working the door at a nightclub requires a certain level of professionalism and training; not everyone can do it. However, there is no reason to ever be an asshole to people who show up at your venue. Ever. There are plenty of polite, courteous doormen out there who are a pleasure to deal with at the door. The doorman is your first impression at the club, and can make or break your reputation.