Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This is just sad !!! Darth Vader MR potato head to be released

Bling

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/fun.games/01/19/tater.doll.ap/index.html

PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island (AP) -- A spud on the dark side.

That's how toy maker Hasbro Inc. is promoting its latest Mr. Potato Head figure, Darth Tater.

The toy spud will be available next month, ahead of the May release of "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith," the latest installment in that film series.

Darth Tater will come with a light saber, cape and helmet, in addition to the regular Mr. Potato Head accessories such as eyes, mouth and nose.

The Pawtucket-based toy maker says children will be able to "have all kinds of mix n' match, Mr. Potato Head fun with this wacky spud dressed as the infamous `Star Wars' villain, Darth Vader."

The toy will retail in the United States for $7.99.

"Star Wars: Episode III," starring Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman, will open in U.S. theaters on May 19.

Guest Clarisa

Norah if you notice mostly men are the ones obsessed with this Star Wars thing. I don't know what the hype is all about myself. These last two espisodes really sucked.

Guest slamminshaun

Star Wars altogether is a sad thing :-X

i never liked it -dont know what the hype was all about.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

1euh3k

Guest web_norah

as i said yesterday, most men are easily pleased (but complain all the time!) -

..........i agree with you there, the last two movies were a complete retard waist of time (and high grossing, sorta like Playboy magazine issues) :-X

Guest JMT

Darth Tater is awesome.

if i had a cousin still young enough i would buy it for him.

you had to be an adventurous kid with imagination (or an adult who could still find his/her) to enjoy such a timeless magical story of good vs evil. too much for some people i guess.

but the new ones dont even compare to the originals.

Guest web_norah

right so those who think Starwars is shit, dont have imagination...uh-huh

if you enjoy stories about good vs evil -read a book, that triggers more imaginative thinking, not some weird looking toy on-screen

Guest JMT

right so those who think Starwars is shit, dont have imagination...uh-huh

if you enjoy stories about good vs evil -read a book, that triggers more imaginative thinking, not some weird looking toy on-screen

its called enjoying your childhood, or temporarily reconnecting with it. yeah, read a book, no one enjoys movies anymore.

sorry if you cant enjoy it, i guess you crash-landed on earth as a fully grown adult.

Guest JMT

LOL - hahaha you're too easy

ps. continue to make George Lucas rich --someone needs to pay his bills

wow, what a zinger. you got me soooooo good. biggest comeback in the history of message boards.

Guest slamminshaun

This is a classic childhood spat.....see, you've reconnected and didn't even know it. :P

What next? "Your mama wears combat boots"? Na na na na na naaaaah

Guest web_norah

which one is the reconnecting child spat?

i never cried as a child, never made sense to me.

or

wow, what a zinger. you got me soooooo good. biggest comeback in the history of message boards.

"enjoying childhood with Starwars"....... :-\

hey i was a girly child and i cried too.....wtf?

Guest web_norah

which brings me back to...."i like Starwars and that means i got imagination and you had no childhood"......

that's uber original.

you needed a UFO flick to assist you with the imagination thought process.

dude you're hardcore, i am telling you!

Guest JMT

im hardcore? ok whatever you say.

note: when you use quotes its supposed to contain exactly what a person said.

yes, its true, i had imagination as a child and liked star wars. youre always grumpy and cynical, so i joke that you had no childhood.

star wars a UFO flick? yeah, kinda like that comedy schindler's list.

Guest web_norah

not liking Star Wars makes me grumpy - explain that one

it means i was probably not interested or mesmerized the way other people were.... (and as an adult, i still think it is overblown and dull, like the last two films).

It's a fantastic story...like Long of the Rings is a fantastic story. If you like fantasy, these movies will interest you...

I am happy to line George Lucas' pockets if he continues to make these movies. Loved the old ones...the new (first) episodes are very good from a imagery perspective - the stuff they can do now is just sick - like legions of robo-armies, etc. They were even sucessful in making what is likely the most hated character in modern movie history.

jarjar_01.jpg

As for the potato head, I posted something about this a few days ago...I think it's a very funny looking toy - I laugh whenever I look at it... ;D That said, I was more of a Lego-kid myself...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050119/480/nyet25701191541