Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Has this happened to you???

Guest MiamiNightLife

Guest LeVeL

One time... I went to Space... and had a really good time... met some really cool people... and heard some really good music on a really good sound system. No wait... I think that happened a bunch of times. ;D

LOL

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest web_norah

i noticed this because lots of people who dont usually post...started this post-a-thon "i hate Space thing"

my answer is quite simple, i dont like it, i dont get treated right and therefore, i dont go.

and stick to it.

Guest fairyDust

Wow these stories are horrible! :o I've never had a bad experience with the security at Space, but I'm sure if I had to go through that, I'd probably not go back.

Guest lyrik

i noticed this because lots of people who dont usually post...started this post-a-thon "i hate Space thing"

my answer is quite simple, i dont like it, i dont get treated right and therefore, i dont go.

and stick to it.

Abso-friggin-lutely!

Pretentious people create a pretentious atmosphere and the world keeps on-a-turning.

Guest pod

Then the same night another one of our friends got kicked out too, they stole his wallet, broke his glasses and roughed him up meaning he has bruises all over his head, and body. He was underaged, already inside, and they found out from his cc tab he had going when they asked for his id, then kicked him out, put him in a cop car. I understand because he was underage but hello, half of the place is full of underage people, especially girls, and if you realize they are underage the last thing you should do is put your hands on them when you are the ones who were dumb enough to let him get through.

Bouncers being dumb or not, what your friend did was illegal. That being said, half the crowd is not underage. In case you didn't notice, they have a PDA now to check IDs, and unless your underage friends are pretty high-tech, they cannot get around it.

The off duty cops might be moonlighting for LP, but they are still cops, for whom being "on duty" is a 24/7 job, so they do have full police powers. They aren't on patrol since regular on duty units of the Miami PD have that job.

Now what I suggest is that if your friends are being beat up and bruised, do the smart thing and document it. Because right now the stories of bouncer violence seem like someone is just adding fuel to the fire. I'm at the club every weeekend, and the security staff there isn't really prone to working someone over. If someone does get worked over, usually they started it. I don't know about you, but if someone hits me, I'm hitting back.

Don't ever expect any help ffrom the police outside Space. Fact. They are moonlighting for LP. Why do you think they are just sitting out there? They are not on patrol. Personally I think people should take badge numbers down and report them to IA and CCRB. One or two complaints won't do it, but after a while, you get enough of them, and they will have to investigate.

I have to agree w/ you 100%...and im sure the officer that he was speaking to was the sergeant...the older guy...i also had a small confrontation there that im not gonna go into detail...and i also worked for space back than.

Things like these happen all the time, sometimes security people might have no reason to kick u out, sometimes if they just feel like kicking u out they will, usually because of something they heard or they are looking for a 5'5 blonde chick, long hair, description, if they cant find her, they'll go to the one closest to the description.

Never had a problem w/ the security, know quite a few actually...still have a good time there every time i go, but things like that u just have to becarefull

Guest slamminshaun

I've never really had a problem with them. They gave me shit about bringing a camera to the PVD event, but that's it. I know from experience, however, that you don't bring Altoids, Asprin, etc. to an EDM club because it appears suspicious. Not to say you were doing anything wrong, that's not the point.

The only time I can remember I was carried out of a club by bouncers was my bachelor party. The place closed at 4am and I refused to leave....I had that one coming.

I never go to space, some gorillas compelled by the power of a security shirt got on a power trip with me cause I smelled like weed.......... all I have to say is that after that embarrasing moment of being kicked out for somebody else's weed... my desire to party there died... I mean I cannot even smoke... I suffer from asthma... well karma is redundant....sometimes you make your karma and space turned from being the number one club to drug heaven 2 weeks after my episode... when the police raided space and luis puig announced closing space.... I got some satisfaction o yeah I did......it open again but that doesnt mean that cocaine and speed busts are not gonna happen again... they should look at themselves before acting like that , because not everybody is gonna take a push around at 6 am just cause they feel like working out a power trip. I do not care who goes over there and plays , cause I am never gonna go there ever again, so why get excited...... there is nothing worse than to bruised somebody's respect , for some of us that's who we are .....I spent the following 10 days calling the DEA to take action and they did... they were already investigating the staff....... I say you people call the DEA and if you have seen drugs being passed around then complain and do not act like victims ...because there is no such a thing as a victim just a push over or a dumdass.

This is a post that was missing.

If space cannot fix their working machine...who are by all means selling drugs then complain if you are treated like shit...cause after all you were spending your money...you were not drinking there for free.......and for the underage dude that got thrown out just shut the fuck up..... complain to Bush or congress that you are old enough to have children or go to war but you cannot drink alcohol or go to a club......I mean I was over the legal age, I have money and still get thrown out.. so just shut up!

Guest nicoleP2653

I never go to space, some gorillas compelled by the power of a security shirt got on a power trip with me cause I smelled like weed.......... all I have to say is that after that embarrasing moment of being kicked out for somebody else's weed... my desire to party there died... I mean I cannot even smoke... I suffer from asthma... well karma is redundant....sometimes you make your karma and space turned from being the number one club to drug heaven 2 weeks after my episode... when the police raided space and luis puig announced closing space.... I got some satisfaction o yeah I did......it open again but that doesnt mean that cocaine and speed busts are not gonna happen again... they should look at themselves before acting like that , because not everybody is gonna take a push around at 6 am just cause they feel like working out a power trip. I do not care who goes over there and plays , cause I am never gonna go there ever again, so why get excited...... there is nothing worse than to bruised somebody's respect , for some of us that's who we are .....I spent the following 10 days calling the DEA to take action and they did... they were already investigating the staff....... I say you people call the DEA and if you have seen drugs being passed around then complain and do not act like victims ...because there is no such a thing as a victim just a push over or a dumdass.

This is a post that was missing.

If space cannot fix their working machine...who are by all means selling drugs then complain if you are treated like shit...cause after all you were spending your money...you were not drinking there for free.......and for the underage couple that got thrown out just shut the fuck up..... complain to Bush or congress that you are old enough to have children or go to war but you cannot drink alcohol or go to a club......I mean I was over the legal age, I have money and still get thrown out.. so just shut up!

Well if you would have read correctly it wasnt a underaged couple, it was an underaged guy who was a friend of a married couple, and yeah its his fault for getting thrown out, he deserved it, that is not the point. The point of all this posting of Space is how people are being roughed up by the security there, it isnt all of the security, but alot, and its not right, why should we stop going to a place that we like just because of the security and our bad experiences. Why do we have to be careful???? And you shut up, yeah lets call the DEA, I will get right on that. LOL.

Guest mursa

I say you people call the DEA and if you have seen drugs being passed around then complain

What will snitching to the DEA about drugs being used at space have to do with Security Guards being punished for roughing up some patrons ????

Absolutely nothing !

I don't know if DEA would help either. Space is the probably the best club in the US that I have gone to, but some of the security should be replaced. I'd still go any time a good DJ is in town. Just will watch my moves. ;)

Guest nicoleP2653

Then the same night another one of our friends got kicked out too, they stole his wallet, broke his glasses and roughed him up meaning he has bruises all over his head, and body. He was underaged, already inside, and they found out from his cc tab he had going when they asked for his id, then kicked him out, put him in a cop car. I understand because he was underage but hello, half of the place is full of underage people, especially girls, and if you realize they are underage the last thing you should do is put your hands on them when you are the ones who were dumb enough to let him get through.

Bouncers being dumb or not, what your friend did was illegal. That being said, half the crowd is not underage. In case you didn't notice, they have a PDA now to check IDs, and unless your underage friends are pretty high-tech, they cannot get around it.

The off duty cops might be moonlighting for LP, but they are still cops, for whom being "on duty" is a 24/7 job, so they do have full police powers. They aren't on patrol since regular on duty units of the Miami PD have that job.

Now what I suggest is that if your friends are being beat up and bruised, do the smart thing and document it. Because right now the stories of bouncer violence seem like someone is just adding fuel to the fire. I'm at the club every weeekend, and the security staff there isn't really prone to working someone over. If someone does get worked over, usually they started it. I don't know about you, but if someone hits me, I'm hitting back.

Yeah they really seem to be using that PDA, obviously it isnt that good, cause he got in, and lots of other underage people did too, and still do and always will, come on, we have all once or twice got in being underage somewhere in our life, I mean its fun, so call it illegal if you want but there are lots of underage people in Space, I dont care I aint underage, but its the point that once they figure out they have someone who is not 21, they could of handled it alot better then they did, and yes it was documented so...........................

What will snitching to the DEA about drugs being used at space have to do with Security Guards being punished for roughing up some patrons ????

Absolutely nothing !

Is about people who did not have drugs on ...being roughed up by dealers in security customes... is the hipocresy and by the way snitchin would have involved bring him down somebody big...as far as I know only dime sellers got it in the ass in space....

Guest mursa

Absolutely nothing !

Is about people who did not have drugs on ...being roughed up by dealers in security customes... is the hipocresy and by the way snitchin would have involved bring him down somebody big...as far as I know only dime sellers got it in the ass in space....

Well then , one should complain/denounce that particular Security/drug dealer / abusive thug to the authorities ( DEA or MPD ) ..

.. but snitching on Space in general is definetly uncalled for ...since lots of folks who do work there are professional and have done nothing wrong .

ps...snitching is snitching...period ..whether u snitch on a kid taking a pill in the bathroom , whether it be someone with 400 pills .

Guest pod

I'm not denying the fact that underage people get into clubs. No system is foolproof. However, saying that half the people are underage inside the club is gross exaggeration. Not just for Space, but for all clubs. Letting in underage people is a huge liability issue, and every club worth the name down here takes it seriously.

That being said, the clubs can go after underage people getting in for misrepresentation, if it can be proven they actively defeated the system.

Guest JMT

a club is a business. dea attention wouldnt be a good thing for business. logical or not, i think thats the point K-man was trying to make.

snitching on a club..if you dont owe shit you shouldnt be scared ......yet space realized closing and reopening cause of the backlash of the raids, was caused directly by the people arrested on the club.....working in the club, selling in the club.....and yes if you fcuk

with people that you do not know, thats one of the backlashes..... the only people I would snitch is a cali cartel leader with a reward on his head.... not some security guards on a power trip..... unless they disrespect me.....like anybody else with a little hair on their balls....the good proffessionals workers at space or any other club have nothing to fear ....because they are proffessionals.... and yes I would do it again and again and again ..if i am mess with......whatever the name of the club is....or you forget that you go and pay to drink ..... you forget that you are the customer..... others including many on this board have been abused and they let it slide and there are others that do not let it slide.

a club is a business. dea attention wouldnt be a good thing for business. logical or not, i think thats the point K-man was trying to make.

thank you for condensing my recital....lol

Guest mursa

I got his point, alright ...........don't agree with it though

I guess people are different and think differently .

case closed

Guest MiamiNightLife

I'm in shock of how many horror stories have been mentioned. Just think of the many more who don't know of this board to voice their comments.

To answer a few questions.

Yes, I did get my ID and CC back. My friend went to Greg and told him what happened and Greg knows me and he had no problem handing it over to my friend.. If noone knows, Greg is the African-American bartender. Usually works the patio. He ROCKS!!! Get your drinks from him. He will definitely take care of you!

Yes, it was the older cop, seems like he was the sergeant. He cared too shits about what happened as long as he gets his detail money.

Yes, underage people frequent the club. They didn't even check IDs for those who had bought tickets and went through the ticket entrance.

No, my wife wasn't taking no ALtoids, gum, what ever. We don't do drugs, reason why we got up at 3am to head out to see Morillo since we wanted to chill at the patio. Also reason why I know Greg and always go to him for my Heineken and for her Gin and Tonic.

Like I wrote, my intention is not to flame the security staff. I know they try their best, but come on guys, you are making some wrong decisions. Hopefully this thread will get back to the proper people and they may evaluate what the hell is going on. I know if it was my business, I would have a long talk with my staff. Piss off enough customers and you may end up without a business. I go there and spend money which = you keep a job. As you guys can see this thing seems to be common.

We love to support the DJs. Main reason we go to Space since they book the great ones. I do hope another club opens soon that will start to book the headliners so I don't have to go back to Space. I can't say we won't go back because we are House lovers, but we won't be back for some time to spend our usual $200. Crobar and Amika will most likely be getting our business for some time.

Well, I want to thank all of you who felt for us. Like some people said on this post, if it hasn't happened to you, it just may...

I disagree with the above quote. Anyone who has taken business classes know that there is no such thing as bad publicity. When the big Space raid happened it was all over the news and Space got so much media coverage that it would have cost Puig thousands to promote something that big. He played it smart he went with the whole closing shop approach and that just added to the publicity the club had gotten because of the raid. I'm sure the Space closing week was one of the biggest money making weeks for Space considering the amount of money Puig put into it. $0 dollars. His ROI was 100 % . Just my 2 cents.