Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Has this happened to you???

Guest MiamiNightLife

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JMT

a club is a business. dea attention wouldnt be a good thing for business. logical or not, i think thats the point K-man was trying to make.

I disagree with the above quote. Anyone who has taken business classes know that there is no such thing as bad publicity. When the big Space raid happened it was all over the news and Space got so much media coverage that it would have cost Puig thousands to promote something that big. He played it smart he went with the whole closing shop approach and that just added to the publicity the club had gotten because of the raid. I'm sure the Space closing week was one of the biggest money making weeks for Space considering the amount of money Puig put into it. $0 dollars. Just my 2 cents.

i have 2. yes they say there is no such thing as bad publicity but the point is the management can be held liable and charged for what happens in the club. ask richard grant about publicity.

Guest Clauds

One time... I went to Space... and had a really good time... met some really cool people... and heard some really good music on a really good sound system. No wait... I think that happened a bunch of times. ;D

Oh my! The same thing happened to me. Is there a connection here? LOL

Guest MiamiNightLife

Pod,

I bought 10 tix and showed my ID. We all them went right through w/o showing ID at the door. I got my tix in that office on the second floor. Since it was 10 of us, only let me go up stairs.

WOW! Personally, I have never had a problem with ANY of the Space staff and actually feel like the Security guys there do a great job. On many occasions I have had security guards actually see someone bothering me and ask if I needed help. Then again, Im a girl with big boobs, sometimes that comes in handy. ;)

You think if I put boobs on I'll be treated like you. :o ;D :P

WOW! Personally, I have never had a problem with ANY of the Space staff and actually feel like the Security guys there do a great job. On many occasions I have had security guards actually see someone bothering me and ask if I needed help. Then again, Im a girl with big boobs, sometimes that comes in handy. ;)

You think if I put boobs on I'll be treated like you. :o ;D :P

Maybe by the "beefcakes" .LOL!

Guest slamminshaun

Space isn't the only place things like this happen. I never seem to have problems, but I've been with people who have. I've deejayed at clubs that my friends got kicked out of and its quite embarrassing. I've been places with them where I've seen them carried out or threatened.....there used to be this one asshole that worked security at Liquid WPB who thought he was tough because he carried a police flashlight around. One time my friends were there and apparently he tried telling them they weren't on the guest list. He had it in his hands, and they could see their names in black and white. My friend said "there I am right there" and pointed toward the clipboard. The dickhead raised the flashlight up and said "you do that again, and i'll bust you wide open man". I mean, WTF? Of course, the owners could give a shit after I told them....and I spun for the place!!

I can remember one time I played a club in Stuart that Cynthia (freestyle chick) was performing and I was to deejay before and after her show. My wife (girlfriend at the time) wo was a HUGE Cynthia fan was in attendace. Well, she was thrown out before the show began for being underage. The club was 18 and up for girls, 21 for guys. She was 20 at the time and had the ID to prove it. She hadn't been drinking, but honestly looks younger then she is so I think they thought she was 16. Needless to say, she drove with me that night and was not allowed to re-enter (the bouncer told the door guy not to let her in) so she had to sit outside in the cold until I got off three hours later (I had the keys). Telling the bouncer that she was my girlfriend did no good. He tells her, "yeah, whatever..." He physically removed my little girlfriend (CrzyC can back me up on how petite she is) who could do nothing but go along with it.

After I packed up, I was wondering where she had been all night. I walk out of the place, and there she is shivering in the parking lot. I asked what happened, she told me. I flew into a rage and when I went straight to the owner and told him about it. You know what he says? "How about a $20 bar tab for next time?" Heh...how about giving my girl her dignity back?

After 10 years in the biz, I've got plenty of others, but like I said....I don't seem to have the same problems as others do. Maybe I don't look like a troublemaker? ;)

Sheeeeeet.....I quit that joint the next day.

Guest Devilicious

They do check IDs for tickets. You have to show your ID to get your ticket.

Only the ID of the person who bought the tickets with their credit card has been checked in my experience, including last week for Morillo :-\

Guest laliux

Because of all the bullshit that goes on at Space I only limit my visits to 2 or 3 times a year...luckily I always manage to have a good time. ;D

1. space aint what it used to be

2. the bouncers in there do get stupid.

3. i was a huge space fan so its not that i have beef with the place .. i have just seen and heard tooooooooooo many horor stories already .

4. last time i went i did see some crazy shit .. as my brother happy face said .. we were there one night and some huge juice head bumped into some small guy purposely and when he went to complain they kicked him(the small guy) out .. the juice head was friends with the bouncer .

5. i chill from space now cause i know me .. and if i have a lil problem like that ever.. ill end up in jail .. and no , not over night ! im gonna cause major damage. case closed ! and if i get fucked up by a few of em .. well , its on !! ill sneak in sooner or later and whoever was involved in my ass beating .. is gonna get wrecked !! some of you that know me know whats up !!(can you tell im pissed to hear about shit like this ??) >:( >:(

as far as the police and the staff.. ive never had a problem .. so i play it smart and limit myself to avoid it ever happen .. space used to be my fave place and i couldnt be without goin to space eeeevery weekend .. but slowly but surely it changed and feels like fuckin northwest and hialeah in that place now !! what a shame :(

all i have to say to all of you that stand up for space and act all naive about what goes on there are either fuckin stupid or retarded !! i have been there 3 times last year and all 3 times ive seen some crazy shit go down that really had no explanation whatsoever !!

wether the owners of space or whoever runs the place now knows whats goin on is beyond me . i really dont give a fuck really.. i dont go there much anymore to really get into trouble.. i love the place still as its an awsome club .. but the people involved now and /or the people running it suck major ass .. and are gettin a bit carried away with the little power that they have cause of their position there .

just my dos centavos 8)

Just ask yourself this question....if Space is soooooooo bad, why do you still go there & party ???

if you are talkin to me .. i dont go anymore .. and please .. get from behind your alter ego and post as your true self ;)

Just ask yourself this question....if Space is soooooooo bad, why do you still go there & party ???

people still go to the miami arena when depeche mode or mana comes to town ... but that doesnt mean people like that place .... that's not an exageration is to put things in perspective.

Guest bcnjunkie

My space story isn't so bad but I went with two friends and they pulled one of them aside (an 88 pound girl) only 15 minutes after arriving. He started drilling her insisting that he had kicked her out earlier. Fortunately, another bouncer arrived and told him"hey man, that's not her !!!" and a friend that works in Space confirmed that we had just arrived... they let us back in but it was a very nasty way to start the night. we didn't stay very long. Love the club but if you shouldn't have to feel intimidated.

Guest pod

Koky, not for nothing, but don't you live out that way? I'm sorry but when someone from the mainland says Space is too "northwest and Hialeah", I'm kind of laughing.

Who cares where they are from? Frankly I'm glad Space and the other downtown venues attract a more diverse crowd. I can only stand so much of the bourgeois wannabe upperclass crowd that frequents the beach venues. If anything, the crowd downtown tends to be a little more real, despite any bad habits they have. I guess it takes living around here for awhile. Safe neighborhood? Yeah. But you still wanna carry a piece after awhile if only to put some of these idiots out of their misery. Next metrosexual that crosses my path too hardcore is gonna get waxed....