Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Space Done?

Guest SOBEGUY

Guest SOBEGUY

After talking with a good friend of mine who used to religously inhabit Space, I realized what a dump it's become. Basically back in the day he used to tell me what an amazing place it was, and the great crowds that would pour in on weekends. Now he says he thinks it's done because the vacancy left by certain promoters, and because half of Hialeah can be found there on any given night. I'd love to hear some feedback on this. Holla back.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

Ya know what? So what if "half of Hialeah" shows up? If Space or any other major club depended exclusively on the "in" crowd, they'd be shuttered within a year.

Every club has it's bad people, I just ignore them, take a few photos, belly up to the bar, and enjoy the company of my friends.

Guest Davenavarro10

Sobeguy I agree with your friend. I think Space has been done for quite sometime now. It's just not what it used to be even 2 or 3 years ago. DJ Roland is gone, and now Oscar G. is leaving. I think you're wrong about the crowd though. I think it's actually about 75% of Hialeah that can be found there on a Saturday night. And sometimes they have these Sobespots events where they don't charge a cover and have an open bar for a few hours. Those nights are nightmares. The entire city of Hialeah goes to Space on those nights. On Sobespots nights you can see men and women in their 40's at Space as well as little 18-20 year olds. Space definitely needs to be more selective in terms of who they allow into the club, they can start by enforcing the dress code.

right

maybe thats why space havent been able (in the past year) to bring josh wink or hernan cattaneo or tiesto (twice) or any other big super start dj regardless of your taste ..

oscar is not leaving so STFU

people in their 40's ? whats wrong with that ? try going to another club in the beach and u'll see the difference

being selective ? maybe yes .... im gonna print a pic of you and give 1 copy to each of the staff members at the door with the title "ban me from this club"

;)

right

maybe thats why space havent been able (in the past year) to bring josh wink or hernan cattaneo or tiesto (twice) or any other big super start dj regardless of your taste ..

oscar is not leaving so STFU

people in their 40's ? whats wrong with that ? try going to another club in the beach and u'll see the difference

being selective ? maybe yes .... im gonna print a pic of you and give 1 copy to each of the staff members at the door with the title "ban me from this club"

;)

Conchale carajito, aprende a escribir ingles como yo se escribir espanol... ;D

Guest Davenavarro10

The only reason that most of those acts play at Space is because they have no other place to play. I don't think there are any nightclubs on Miami Beach that are big enough to host any of those d.j.'s. You wouldn't have to take my pic to keep my out of Space because I don't even bother going there anymore. And even if you did, I doubt it would keep me out because they tend to let everyone into Space regardless of what they look like, or how much money they have. Which to some extent is a good thing. But I still think that they need to be more strict about certain things. For example what's with guys taking off their shirts inside, in the main room? I've seen it done before, and I think it's sort of low class. If you want to do that sort of thing you should go to either twist or score, where I'm sure the patrons wouldn't mind.

Guest DrFired

There should be a law to prevent people like this to post!

and Dave..aren't you a Rock guy?? what would you know about Space??

Luzers! ::)

Guest SOBEGUY

The one positive about the 50% of Hialeah theory is that it's so dark in there that it's hard to see people. This does benefit the average Space goer.

Guest pod

Not to sound like the perpetual shill, but what is wrong with fortysomethings enjoying themselves in a nightclub? Frankly I'd like to think when I'm 40+ I'll be enjoying life still.

Things change in terms of clubs though. Space isn't immune to it either. Oscar isn't leaving for good, he is just going to spend more time on the road...

Guest Davenavarro10

I listen to all types of music, except for country. I'm not narrow-minded, I don't limit myself to only rock music. Maybe some of you guys on this board only listen to electronic or dance music, which if that's the case, you guys are really missing out. And I used to go to Space, but now I don't even bother. I'd rather go to Amika on Saturday night, instead of Space. Amika unlike Space is about quality not quantity.

Guest Clauds

... it's actually about 75% of Hialeah that can be found there on a Saturday night. And sometimes they have these Sobespots events where they don't charge a cover and have an open bar for a few hours. ... The entire city of Hialeah goes to Space on those nights. ...

Oye! STFU meng! Didn't you graduate from hialeah high anyway? :-X

Who wants to place money on the fact that SOBEGUY and DaveNavarro are friends? ::)

CrzyC..... If we are gonna bet then..... I bet you Dave is SOBEGUY's ball washer.....

Guest Davenavarro10

Pod if I'm not mistaken, isn't Oscar only going to be playing at Space once a month now? If Puig were smart, he'd bring Roland back to take over for Oscar.

Guest pod

Some people are just never satisfied I guess. DaveNavarro wouldn't be happy unless Dave Navarro himself opened up a place and only let DaveNavarro in.

Guest sobe2004

After talking with a good friend of mine who used to religously inhabit Space, I realized what a dump it's become. Basically back in the day he used to tell me what an amazing place it was, and the great crowds that would pour in on weekends. Now he says he thinks it's done because the vacancy left by certain promoters, and because half of Hialeah can be found there on any given night. I'd love to hear some feedback on this. Holla back.

I think he makes some true and honest points . . .