Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory = Twilo?

tranza

So SF is starting some new party in the near future and they are trying to bring in some euro djs.. They have Dave Ralph playing, and soon Christopher Lawrence will be on the bill (Not Euro but not NY either).. I personaly love the current friday party, and I wish Richard Grant would change his mind about the mistake he is about to make.. They had a party like this on fridays after Hex Hector & Anthony Acid left, and it bombed.. Dont get me wrong, they brought in some good talent, but the party sucked.. That whole crowd that will be comming in is just disgusting.. I think NYC has enough places to go if your into the whole euro-trance scene.. Trance is a dying genre and this party is gonna flop, mark my words..

..This is NYC not London

..I Wouldnt be surprised if Jonathan gets the boot and they hire some London cheese dj to play a whoping 3 hour set on saturdays frown.gif

..What do you SF Friday people think about the change that is about to come real soon?

------------------

..Something for your mind, your body, and your soul

It's the power, it's larouse curiosity..

The purpose, the goal which one acts on..

A journey of force, hot like the sun and wet like the rain..

Rhythmatic movements in unison with others prolong and acts of sensations, with no limits or boundaries..

Eternity is past..

Wrong is right..

It's the point of greatest intensity..

Pleasures of the highest sense..

Feelings of warmth and security..

Willing and unwilling sensation's of the mind..

A condition..

The ultimate seduction..

..."THE REALM"..

I'm not a big SF head at all... but bringing in the euro DJ's does in fact draw a rather "unique" crowd, and I don't think the Factory kids and Twilo heads will "come together"..

.. if anything they should just leave the party the way it is considering it's been picking up lately.

Twilo needs to re-open and keep the euro kids there. I agree.

------------------

Resident DJ @ Club Exit's Red Room.

Patience is a virtue... and that I have learned!

I agree 2 unique crowds with diffrent tastes, I think they should should try and redirect the party to places like limelight or Websterhall. I do agree that Trance as a gener is dying, but in Europe, not in the US,

actually I think it will take off here in due time. Cant wait till it does.

Mane

it always seems like clubs try to do bigger and better partys...the try to outdo themselves...and thats when they fail...personally i go saturdays,only went to a couple of fridays, but it seemed pretty hot.......if it aint broke dont try and fix it.

------------------

"if you dont believe.....im comin ta get ya...

Originally posted by tranza:

So SF is starting some new party in the near future and they are trying to bring in some euro djs.. They have Dave Ralph playing, and soon Christopher Lawrence will be on the bill (Not Euro but not NY either).. I personaly love the current friday party, and I wish Richard Grant would change his mind about the mistake he is about to make.. They had a party like this on fridays after Hex Hector & Anthony Acid left, and it bombed.. Dont get me wrong, they brought in some good talent, but the party sucked.. That whole crowd that will be comming in is just disgusting.. I think NYC has enough places to go if your into the whole euro-trance scene.. Trance is a dying genre and this party is gonna flop, mark my words..

..This is NYC not London

..I Wouldnt be surprised if Jonathan gets the boot and they hire some London cheese dj to play a whoping 3 hour set on saturdays frown.gif

..What do you SF Friday people think about the change that is about to come real soon?

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

TUNNEL SATURDAY'S "SOPRANO GUEST LIST"

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gifim gonna make you an offer you cant refuse

..This is NYC not London

i have to agreee with you 100%... i dont want to see sf turn into twilo with there dj's... the few times i went to sf on a fri it was always packed and the crowd was always good looking.. i hope he changes his mind also

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

TUNNEL SATURDAY'S "SOPRANO GUEST LIST"

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gifim gonna make you an offer you cant refuse

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not a Factory head) but doesn't Aluv & Lodi spin fridays??? I'm sure the factory crowd would like to hear some diff DJ's.

Epic trance is Dying...not the genre of Trance. Progressive Trance is HUGE!

------------------

Good Girls go to Heaven, Bad Girls go to Amsterdam!

AIM: Trancegoddess21

Originally posted by twilogoddess:

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not a Factory head) but doesn't Aluv & Lodi spin fridays??? I'm sure the factory crowd would like to hear some diff DJ's.

Epic trance is Dying...not the genre of Trance. Progressive Trance is HUGE!

..A-Luv left for personal reasons, but Joe Lodi is still there

..They are bringing new promotors in

..I think it's safe to say the current friday crowd would rather hear Joe play then euro-cheese trance djs

..My definition of a true NYC club is the Sound Factory, not Twilo because it caters to the euro scene ..Dont get me wrong I believe there should be some club nights deticated to that scene but there are a ton of other spots in this city that they can be held at ..My point of this post was to point out that Richard grant is making a mistake by changing something that does not need to be changed.. Like Rollo said, if it aint broke, dont fix it

..IMHO, trance can become very B*O*R*I*N*G after a couple hours ..At least Joe plays for the crowd and doesnt stick to one genre of muzak

..*Thumbs Down* to Richard Grant frown.gif

------------------

.."Musik" Guest List Thursdays @ Emanon Nightclub (Westchester)..

..Tranza52@yahoo.com

..Rockell Live 6-21

..Johnny Vicious 6-28

Originally posted by lillizzy:

A-luv got fired,

..Stop spreading your misinformation around because you obviously do not know what your talking about

------------------

..Tranza52@yahoo.com

..Rockell Live 6-21

..Johnny Vicious 6-28

it was a rumor, it is what i heard, i am sorry if it is wrong.

if you read my post before, you have seen my explanation as to why we should not include each other in our posts. so fuck off, and have a nice day.

------------------

~*~lizzy~*~

aim: woa its lizzy

EXIT fridays: Lil Lizzy's Guestlist;)

147.gif

Sicktracks<~*~*~go here!<~*~*~

it was a rumor, it is what i heard, i am sorry if it is wrong.

if you read my post before, you have seen my explanation as to why we should not include each other in our posts. so fuck off, and have a nice day.

So get the fuck outta my post, and get off MY JOCK

------------------

..Tranza52@yahoo.com

..Rockell Live 6-21

..Johnny Vicious 6-28

my post was NOT directed to you.

what jock do i get off of? you have none-=) case CLOSED, don't make another comment, just DROP IT. cwm23.gif

Your fucking awsome lizzy....just had to let you know. Just for being so damn cool im gonna give you a plug.....

EXIT fridays: Lil Lizzy's <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> Guestlist</A> wink.gif

Tranza, I am curious , what london Dj's do you consider to be "Cheesey".

You mentioned that Trance can become boaring, this might be true considering everyone has different tastes, Music is subjective. However speaking of boring wouldnt you consider a Dj who loops records for 45 minutes ala Johnathan Peters style , Boring.

Its funny how you consider Euro Trance Djs to be Cheesey, I wonder were the name "TRANZA" came from.

Mane

this is ny not london? what kind of music do you guys like? all that vocalled-out slow meat head shit that sf people love? try listening to some real music, layered music, that makes you want to dance- really dance, not just shake your booty and arms because you're too juiced out to move. twilo is and was the best club, so show some respect. trance is not dying, its evolving. and PS-put your shirts back on all you meatheads

i think it's great that Sf fridays r bringing in global talent( it's bout time) ...

yeah dave ralph is playing this friday BUT so is eddie baez @ 4am for afterhours , i think thats the way to do it .... Factory friadys are WACK & have been WACk it's about time the recognize whats going on in NYC ... & as far as JP getting replaced , YEAH RIGHT! That's his HOUSE & it will always be JPs HOUSE

------------------

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DJ

Trance is a beautiful genre of music, and can be easily compared to classical music, with it's layers of sound. Mane, I agree with you. JP can spin some phat shit, however, it gets old when you hear the same song for an hour. in my opinion, JP spins for the k heads, who dont really know whats going on. im not hatingh, i just think its pretty mindless to hear the same beat/song for a hour. trance is not dead, although epic trance is. trance has evolved into uplifting and progressive trance, a-la Paul Van Dyk and Tiesto. Whoever started this thread, I ask you, can you deny the greatness of PVD??? He's easily the #1 DJ in this planet. If God were a Dj he'd be Paul Van Dyk

Trance is a beautiful genre of music, and can be easily compared to classical music, with it's layers of sound. Mane, I agree with you. JP can spin some phat shit, however, it gets old when you hear the same song for an hour. in my opinion, JP spins for the k heads, who dont really know whats going on. im not hatingh, i just think its pretty mindless to hear the same beat/song for a hour. trance is not dead, although epic trance is. trance has evolved into uplifting and progressive trance, a-la Paul Van Dyk and Tiesto. Whoever started this thread, I ask you, can you deny the greatness of PVD??? He's easily the #1 DJ in this planet. If God were a Dj he'd be Paul Van Dyk

Trance is a dying genre and this party is gonna flop, mark my words..

..This is NYC not London

Trance has supposedly been "dying" for a good year and a half now.

And 3 hour sets are not "whopping".

------------------

...it's quiet now...and as I think my thoughts alone...I try to keep my head straight... but i thnk i'm too far goneeeeeeee................

Lizzy when will you ever MYOB? This was a post to discuss the new party comming to Sound Factory.. Not to post RUMORS about things and people you do not know.. You obviously posted to spark something up and dont try to deny it.. You really need to stfu and step off of my posts because I dont even read yours.. NEXT

Mane, I would say Dave Ralph/Oakenfold/Jules (any of the Gatecrasher Djs), Tong ect ect are cheesy djs.. The mixing is there but they play cheesy music.. It might not be cheese to you, but it is to me..

gnuj2001 "what kind of music do you guys like? all that vocalled-out slow meat head shit that sf people love" ..Well to say the least, JP plays around 140-145 for most of the night.. If you call that slow then you need to get a fucking clue.. You must be one of the little guys that got abused a lot by the bigger guys growing up, otherwise you wouldnt have made that silly and pointless comment.. Twilo was a rat hole with just as many crack heads as Sound factory, so you can save it.. And dont try to tell me about real music because I have one of the most diverse tastes in music.. I can go out and enjoy all types of music, and I have been through every scene in the last 5 1/2rs.. So if you ever need a hand please feel free to contact me at lickmysweatyballs@yahoo.com .. While your in Twilo (Oh Im sorry I mean when your thinking about Twilo) chewing the insides of your face because you and the rest of the club are loaded up on ecstasy listening to fluffy trance music from the djs super 3 hour set, I'll be in the Factory in 20 k holes and drinking 40 caps of G listening to EVERY style of music for 15 hours.. Hows that sound?

Xpander "And 3 hour sets are not "whopping"." Gee thanks you're so smart cwm3.gif

------------------

..Tranza52@yahoo.com

..Rockell Live 6-21

..Johnny Vicious 6-28