Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The official 2006 WMC saleen prediction...

V. Barbarino

Guest web_norah

sounds like someone has never been to the west coast - - it aint rocket science to figure that one out

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really a subgenre per se... I guess it encompasses a whole spectrum of dj's from the deeper sounds of John Howard, Ruben Mancias, Jay-J, King Britt and Marques Wyatt to the more funky and even tech-tinged grooves of Chris Lum, Mark Farina (some may argue that his style borrows lots of Chicago influences as well), Hipp-E, Tony Hewitt, Jon Lemmon, Jay Tripwire, etc. But a lot of other dj's/producers who may not be from that area have also adopted the funkier, groovier side of house like Fred Everything, Halo, Joeski, Onionz, Blakkat (Mark Bell), Mazi (although he's been heading more towards tech and even some minimal these days), Master D, Solo & Logan, Da Sunlounge, etc... ;D

It's not really a subgenre per se... I guess it encompasses a whole spectrum of dj's from the deeper sounds of John Howard, Ruben Mancias, Jay-J, King Britt and Marques Wyatt to the more funky and even tech-tinged grooves of Chris Lum, Mark Farina (some may argue that his style borrows lots of Chicago influences as well), Hipp-E, Tony Hewitt, Jon Lemmon, Jay Tripwire, etc. But a lot of other dj's/producers who may not be from that area have also adopted the funkier, groovier side of house like Fred Everything, Halo, Joeski, Onionz, Blakkat (Mark Bell), Mazi (although he's been heading more towards tech and even some minimal these days), Master D, Solo & Logan, Da Sunlounge, etc... ;D

this makes no sense... aren't you splitting hairs in terms of sub genres??? I have lum sets, and I can tell you it's just house....

it justs seems to me your style of house is just laid back.... so please just call it laid back house...

Guest 420

Mrs.Saleen you dont know shit...Hear some rumors and maybe know some people but in the end as many say you are a puppet and have no pull(although you might get a few drink tickets here and there)...Keep doing what you are doing trying to be popular on a message board and keep your bullshit predictions and comments posted...In the end you are a joke and really have no say in what happends here or around the world.

Peace.... ;) & Happy 420!!!!

if thats the cse then all i can say is

viva la west coast house

Guest coach

We shall see. The way things are going, the days of the mondo-condos are coming to an end. It depends on if the developers can ruin things fast enough before everyone else can take back control. We've already got the ordinance that requires any expansion of FAR to go to the public referendum. More restrictions on development are in the works. All we need is to vote a couple condo-cock-suckers off the commission and we will have it back. It almost happened last election.

I didn't notice the MMC on the Space flyers and I don't know of anyone besides ya'll who did. None of the out-of-towners that I talked to ever mentioned it.

As far as I could tell, everything was bigger this year. More people, more parties, more networking. Although if they do not fix the days/dates, they are really going to shoot themselves in the foot. Nobody I spoke to liked the Tues - Sat stupidity. Sat - Wed, dummies. Or Wed - Sun. But, at least give us one full weekend.

this makes no sense... aren't you splitting hairs in terms of sub genres??? I have lum sets, and I can tell you it's just house....

it justs seems to me your style of house is just laid back.... so please just call it laid back house...

I disagree Nick. Yeah, some of those producers/dj's do play a lot more subdued than your god, Morillo but at the same time, I would hardly label a Jay Tripwire, Grant Dell, Gareth Oxby or Joeski production "laid back." ;D

Guest pod

Conference was Tuesday - Saturday? Tell that to the Sleaze party (Monday), Deep Dish (Saturday well into Sunday), and to the informal Cedric vs Fanciulli set (this past Monday morning-afternoon)....the official WMC may end Saturday, but the parties begin before, and in some cases end after the fact.

Having conference end mid-week sucks ass...it kind of dribbles to a close. Having it end Sunday is a nice concrete day so to speak.

I hope the mondo-condo developers are reined in at some point. The beach is becoming way overdeveloped right now with the condoes marching from the north in Aventura, and from the south....conveniently converging in my hood no less.

Guest dnb_chick

I disagree Nick. Yeah, some of those producers/dj's do play a lot more subdued than your god, Morillo but at the same time, I would hardly label a Jay Tripwire, Grant Dell, Gareth Oxby or Joeski production "laid back." ;D

yo Phil---speaking of Joeski and Onionz--i just got a hold of a set with all those cats --hipp-e J and O and your boy Halo and DAMN! It fuckin ROCKED! I loved Halo"s live set that night we went to Nerve but seriously, im a believer in all your "west coast" nonsense now! ;D

yo Phil---speaking of Joeski and Onionz--i just got a hold of a set with all those cats --hipp-e J and O and your boy Halo and DAMN! It fuckin ROCKED! I loved Halo"s live set that night we went to Nerve but seriously, im a believer in all your "west coast" nonsense now! ;D

Then you should have been to BLUE on Mar. 18th cause Lust had a pre-WMC party with Halo as guest and he was even better than that night at Nerve! You would have loved it! Next time I'll keep you posted! ;D

Guest coach

Conference was Tuesday - Saturday? Tell that to the Sleaze party (Monday), Deep Dish (Saturday well into Sunday), and to the informal Cedric vs Fanciulli set (this past Monday morning-afternoon)....the official WMC may end Saturday, but the parties begin before, and in some cases end after the fact.

Oh yes, indeed, I did not mean to imply anything about the parties. Mostly I meant WMC itself, like the seminars and the exhibit hall. This year they opened up the hall to the public, but I could not make it because I work. Why wasn't it open Saturday AND Sunday? Or some more decent hours. We went to the Remix hotel because it ran 12n-9pm, much more sensible hours for people who work or are going to be out partying till 5am.
I hope the mondo-condo developers are reined in at some point. The beach is becoming way overdeveloped right now with the condoes marching from the north in Aventura, and from the south....conveniently converging in my hood no less.

This we both agree on heartily. You can rest assured that I will be at the polls anytime a referendum comes up to increase the FAR.

Guest Mr._S

actually alot of that prediction might be correct but i would add that i have it straight from the lions mouth that WMC is looking for a change of scenery... first choice right now is Puerto Rico and if that happens Luis will easily be able to throw his MMC

Guest BIOBLIZZARD

Conference was a mess by anyone's standards, niether nob nor clubowner can deny it.

It has been commercialized to absurd proportions.... Miami either expand's venue's by double or triple to accomidate future date's for WMC or move it completely...........

Honestly I don't see it here next year.

Guest pod

Let WMC move to PR.

There'd just be a "Miami party week" in effect since the DJs are so used to coming here anyway at some point in March.

I hate to say it, but the language of the world is broken English, and I don't see an international crowd going to party for a week in a location that primarily speaks Spanish. Ibiza doesn't count since it is a territory of England pretty much ;D (Same goes for Acapulco and all the other resort towns in Mexico...'cept they are American cities...)

Guest james stratus

I still think the Beach's days as a nightlife destination are numbered.

I agree. Too bad for the greedy foockers of the the Beach Gov.. they will regret the loss of revenue in the end.

Guest james stratus

We shall see. The way things are going, the days of the mondo-condos are coming to an end. It depends on if the developers can ruin things fast enough before everyone else can take back control. We've already got the ordinance that requires any expansion of FAR to go to the public referendum. More restrictions on development are in the works. All we need is to vote a couple condo-cock-suckers off the commission and we will have it back. It almost happened last election.

I didn't notice the MMC on the Space flyers and I don't know of anyone besides ya'll who did. None of the out-of-towners that I talked to ever mentioned it.

As far as I could tell, everything was bigger this year. More people, more parties, more networking. Although if they do not fix the days/dates, they are really going to shoot themselves in the foot. Nobody I spoke to liked the Tues - Sat stupidity. Sat - Wed, dummies. Or Wed - Sun. But, at least give us one full weekend.

The Miami Beach City Counsel ..aka the Condo Counsel is so corrupt it is not funny. A little money in their pockets will get anything built anywhere. The fact that they need to go is an understatement. The funny thing is that will all the money that is brought in by taxes and developers, the city is still broke ???

The dates for WMC are actually back to normal now. They have in previous years always been in mid/late March from mid week to the weekend with the Saturday/sunday being the last day. It has only been in the last few years where they have been moving the conference all around the Month of March. It's actually better for the economy here when conference comes at the tail end of Spring Break and Season.

Guest pod

Whatever direction the beach goes, it looks as though the current venues that manage to stick around will be grandfathered in...i.e. I can see crobar and Mansion hanging for quite awhile longer.

Guest Cosmigonon

I hate to say it, but the language of the world is broken English, and I don't see an international crowd going to party for a week in a location that primarily speaks Spanish. Ibiza doesn't count since it is a territory of England pretty much ;D (Same goes for Acapulco and all the other resort towns in Mexico...'cept they are American cities...)

Please Pod, that argument is nonsense and you know it.

Guest coach
Honestly I don't see it here next year.
Exactly what a lot of people said last year. Here's my prediction, and you can look this up, too. If they move it, that will kill it. I don't mean to downtown, but to another city. MB/downtown is basically the same thing to out-of-towners, it's all Miami.

Amongst other things, moving it will be perceived as an act of desperation of a dying entity, whether that is true or not. The first year would be poorly attended and it would just go downhill after that. I'd give it three years at most.

Guest pod

Please Pod, that argument is nonsense and you know it.

Ummm look it up, English is the world's most widely-spoken and understood language. Not Chinese like you would think. They factor in native speakers, and those who have a basic grasp of it.

Not to rag on PR though, but the nightlife infrastructure doesn't exist down there for a conference.