Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Worshipping Mary?

Guest trancepriest

Guest trancepriest

Any Catholics on here? I was musing on the concept of the holy trinity yesterday. I was wondering if Catholics believe that the holy trinity consist of Mary, Jesus and God. I know many christians believe that the holy trinity consist of God, the holy Spirt and Jesus. Want to know if this concept is different in Catholicism. Also in Catholicism is Mary a God?

Guest tres-b

The worship of the Virgin Mary is found in Spanish countries. Putting an emphasis on Mary was used to increase church membership. I read an article on this a few weeks ago. If I can find the link I will post it. Very interesting stuff.

Guest JMT

the belief is that she was human and gave birth to Jesus, so catholics recognize a significance. kinda like buying your mom a card for mothers day i guess.

Guest trancepriest

Catholics pray to Saints right.. so is Mary like a Saint or a God. If i became a Saint would people worship me? I'm kind of digging Catholicism.

There are different Virgins in the Spanish Catholic belief. Supposedly she gets named for where she appears...In cuba, she appeared in the ocean and they named her Lady of Charity (Caridad del Cobre)...Mexico was Caridad de Guadalupe etc...

The whole meaning of why we pray to her is because she is supposed to have a strong relationship with her son Jesus and the Father GOD. So it's like asking your boss to talk to his boss for you. Although you still talk to your main boss, you would like to think that your manager will hook you up. Same applies here. You pray to God always but as a kicker, you pray to the Virgin Mary to help you out and talk to GOD.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;D

Guest trancepriest

In the concept of the holy trinity its 3 entities one GOD right? So Jesus is a GOD, GOD is GOD and the Holy Spirit is GOD. I was just wondering where Mary fits in. From what I'm understanding.. in Catholicism.. prayers can be made to Saints? So Mary is more like a Saint? If she's the mother of GOD.. she's one bad mama jama.

I would like to start a new Catholic sect worshipping Mary's Parents... because they're the Grandparents of GOD. Do Catholics worship the grandparents of GOD? Holy Grandparents of GOD...

Guest slamminshaun

Never understood it much myself either, thus, why I've chosen to be Protestant and not Catholic.

Guest Cosmigonon

Well, I was raised a catholic, went to Catholic school for 13 years, etc, etc, etc. and I still don't understand it, basically because most of it doesnt make sense, but dont believe in such thing as a God anymore.

The trinity is God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Like somebody said before, Mary is special becuase shes the mother of Christ, therefore catholics pray to her so she can then intercede to God, same thing with the saints, but on a bigger scale.

And there aren't "several" virgins. All those virgins somebody mentioned before, are just ocassions when mary supossedly appeared to somebody, therefore making the lace famous and becoming a place of worship, like Guadalupe in Mexico, Fatima in Portugal, or Lourdes in France.

Never understood it much myself either' date=' thus, why I've chosen to be Protestant and not Catholic.

[/quote']

Me too, but I'm marrying a Catholic. Hopefully we both find what we need in both (to the extent we actively are searching to get anytihing).

Guest cutchemist

There are different Virgins in the Spanish Catholic belief. Supposedly she gets named for where she appears...In cuba, she appeared in the ocean and they named her Lady of Charity (Caridad del Cobre)...Mexico was Caridad de Guadalupe etc...

The whole meaning of why we pray to her is because she is supposed to have a strong relationship with her son Jesus and the Father GOD. So it's like asking your boss to talk to his boss for you. Although you still talk to your main boss, you would like to think that your manager will hook you up. Same applies here. You pray to God always but as a kicker, you pray to the Virgin Mary to help you out and talk to GOD.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;D

nice ;)