Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bald Eagle Photos and link

These pictures were taken on Sunday May 1st, 2005 at a wooded area along Lake Erie, the Maumee Bay, in Toledo Ohio, only about 1 mile from my house.

There are 20 pictures in all. These were taken mid day around 1 pm, so the light was tough. I was prepared to wait a while till I saw the Eagles, so I took and chair, and my binoculors, but as soon as I walked into the wooded area, the largest eagle flew out of the nest. They were being protective since, it is rumored that there may be some eggs or babies they are watching.

It was a great site to experience. Since I only have one lense the 28-105, my close up shots are limited, but I used some tight cropping in Photoshop to get closer.

Click below to see all 20 Photos of the Eagles

http://www.ekreating.com/gallery/list.php?exhibition=24

Bald_Eagles_14.jpg

Bald_Eagles_16.jpg

Guest trancepriest

Nice bird shots man. What camera were you using? Bald Eagle 6 looks beautiful... magnificient wing spans.

Guest LdySphynx

VERY Beautiful Pics ;D, and I guessing he is Tagged by the little ring I see!!!

What camera were you using?

The Canon 20D, with the Canon 28-105, 3.5-4.5 lense, which with the 20D Multiplier which is 1.6 the focal length ends up being 44.8- 168. POD gave me hints on what to buy when I made the upgrade.

20d-bge2_01.jpg

I am saving up for this lense with the extender, but that will run around $2000. It will allow me to get much tighter shots.

1ef70-200_28lisu_1_.jpg

Guest trancepriest

O we have money to waste. Nikon D-100, Sigma 28-300mm here... wish I had the battery grip and lived in a state with stuff other than salt water and glades. I could have gotten some real up close shots of the birdies. Just got the Phase One software (C1 Pro).. its wicked for a raw workload.... big difference in the imports before you drop em in photoshop.

aren't you photo guys running up a hill all the time, every day like 94875982745982475948735 new cameras come out... The day you buy it, there is a new model...

This is only my second camera ever. My first one was the Sony 717. The Canon 20D came out last July, and is the medium price Prosumer camera for around $1400, there are two higher pro cameras for $3000 and $7000 each, but since I don't make enough money to justify that, the 20D is perfect for me. The new model releases happen about every 18 months.

Its a lot like upgrading computers and cars. You wait a few years until something dramtically better comes along that you cannot forgo.

Guest pod

I'm shooting with a 10D, I got it 2 years ago. It does what I need it to do, and it does it well.

The 20D was an evolution of the 10D. But I couldn't justify buying so soon. I'll get the 30D next year.

Guest jona7

i heard there were gonna be wi-fi enabled cameras comin out soon for wireless importing :)

Guest trancepriest

i heard there were gonna be wi-fi enabled cameras comin out soon for wireless importing :)

You mean low end wi-fi cams?

Guest pod

Nikon came out with a 11b wi-fi transmitter for their D2 series digital SLRs.

A few months later, Canon introduces the WFT-E1, which is 802.11b/g as well as 100 Mbps wired Ethernet. The WFT-E1 works with the 20D, the 1D MK II, and the 1Ds MK11, as well as the entry level Digital Rebel XT.

wft-e1_2.jpg