Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHO ACTUALLY RAVES?

Now i know there are a lot of ravers on this board... and there are a lot of people that dont rave... but just wanted to see which people are the people that rave... i personally HATE raving... but i respect people who rave and keep it to themselves... but for the people that come up to my face and wave their glowsticks... i hope you burn in hell... i once picked up glowsticks... and i didnt even hold them right lol cwm20.gifcwm20.gif <~~~ NO HARM MENT IM THIS POST

------------------

SHUT UP AND DANCE!!

d.gif

i guess sextacy means raving = ufo's and glowsticks and the whole nine...parties in warehouses and open areas...and i associated raving with trance...as opposed to clubbing = clubgear (y'all know what i mean, just stylin') in the likes of sf and exit...personally, i rather hit a club than a rave just cuz of the music...but i wouldn't mind checking out raves just to open up, nah'mean...hope my assumptions are right

------------------

i used to be conceited, but now i'm perfect...

Raves are parties that are sort of promoted you find fields or empty buildings and you dont get permits most of the time. Usually these parties are in secrecy and no one really knows about them till like the last minute. Ravers usually bring serious amounts of toys with them in their bookbags, lots of lights, ointments and gels and lubricants and shit to rub on peoples hands, candy, food and whatever else that their imagination could fathom, and the limits of what the bookbags can hold. Ravers generally dance to much faster music that what you would normall hear at clubs like Exit and SF. They also would dress in more baggier clothes , more comfortable stuff like tennis shoes. There is a difference between clubbers and ravers. Also the Ravers really rebel against clubs, they don't like the idea of "Clubbing".

I hate the term "raver" but yeah I go partys... One I *HATE* glowsticks....*2* I dont like kandy kids.. Anything fluffy makes me want to puke.... Aight we got this out of the way now.... I love my jungle & hardcore... Ohhh yeah, I go to clubs..Sorry to burst anybody bubble =)

Well, I guess I would consider myself a raver. I've got the UFOs, baggy clothes, and visors. Oh, can't forget the glow-sticks and photons (although now I'm becoming a bigger fan of photons than stix). I'm no candy raver by any means, no furry stuff, giant beads, weird hats, etc. I don't understand how people can go dancing in nice clothes (the "black army" at Exit et al.) and shoes. The shoes friggin' hurt and it just gets way too damn hot to be wearing spandex.

I went to Exit and Twilo a lot last summer, and have been going to raves during the school year. I am a big prog house fan, the darker and harder the better. At the raves I go to, hard house is the main music being spun. There's also trance (though not too big a fan of it anymore) and usually a jungle room. Jungle/Drum 'n' Bass just aren't my thing, as I can't dance to jungle since I can't find the beat and I find d'n'b a little too dull.

I always ask people if they want a show, never just walk up and shove my lights or sticks in their face. The only ones who seem to like that are the people who are super-cracked out and can't move or speak because they are too k'ed up or rolling too hard.

One Nation July 3rd! Yea! Unts.

------------------

Mushrooms... how to see god, be god, and make god obsolete while listening to Pink Floyd

I don't think theres a clear cut distinction between clubbers and ravers. I can rave, imo and I mostly dance with glowsticks but I usually rock clubgear and go to clubs not raves. I also mainly listen to house/trance and not jungle, d'n'b or happy hardcore. And I never walk up to ppl and get all up in their face with glosticks either.

------------------

AIM SN: ClubMentality

Email : dolik@yahoo.com

SOUND FACTORY FRIDAYS: 'CLOUD NINE' GUEST LIST

Email me to be put on the list.

Originally posted by dolik:

I don't think theres a clear cut distinction between clubbers and ravers. I can rave, imo and I mostly dance with glowsticks but I usually rock clubgear and go to clubs not raves. I also mainly listen to house/trance and not jungle, d'n'b or happy hardcore. And I never walk up to ppl and get all up in their face with glosticks either.

yeah, totally agree with ya. I can rave (usually with photons & sticks). I've only been to one real rave and didn't like it at all. I dress up when i go clubbin, but i do own a pair of ufos. I fell in love with light shows the first time i rolled. i don't understand how you could not like light shows. but whatev. party hard! its the summer.

------------------

EXIT fridays!-->"eSCAPE" Guestlist!!!

Have you experienced the e-SCAPE? ::wink wink::

maybe im just crazy..but since when did "raving" mean playing with glowsticks? When someone asks me "do you rave?" I don't even know what to say..cuz what the hell does that really mean? to me, its the same as saying 'do you party?' .. as in yes, i GO to parties.. believe it or not people, there is a term for all those body movements (sometimes using glowsticks).. its called LIQUID! i'm sure i dont have to explain why its called that either. and if someone is in someone's face, it could even be called a "light show". i guess it means different things to different people, but in my eyes..raving is just a whole big mess of people all feeling a sense of unity with the music and letting go of daily life for a while.

as for a "difference between clubbers and ravers"...what the hell does it matter? I go to both clubs and parties and fully enjoy aspects of each..(especially the fact that most clubs have way better soundsystems)[missing twilo right now!]..and I know I'm not the only one..most of my friends are into both as well. while i'd rather be sporting baggy comfortable clothes and sneaks..there is such a thing as dressing for the occasion. Ultimately..the DJ's are what bring me out..not the venue. if a club or a party has a dj i wanna see.. i'll be there. club/rave/lounge..whatever! I saw donald glaude at the jet lounge last week and he played for 40 people there.. then he got in his limo and rocked a huge 4000 person party in the bronx an hour later!

the fact of the matter is that there shouldn't BE a barrier between clubbers and ravers..because the MUSIC is what its all about..who gives a fuck what people are wearing. are you there to look at people or hear music? cuz i could sit on the side of a city street all day if i just wanted to look at people.

and to the guy who posted that "description" of a rave.. please go to one yourself instead of stereotyping what journalists have thrown together for the masses to try and understand. the days of outlaw parties without permits are pretty much over..they do still exist but there are tons of totally legal parties thrown today..many with police even in attendance only as observers (meaning they are not blatantly looking to bust people..like some club security staffs).

and by the way..there IS house music played at PLENTY of parties...yes, just like you would hear in a club..with one difference.. it won't be CHEESE like they play in some clubs

peace