Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cevin Fisher at Amika....

V. Barbarino

wow, such a great time.. I will write more tomorrow, but Cevin ripped it hard core....

I can't get over how well he spun...

Wish I could have came with you guys :'( But i was in bed at 11pm unfortunately.

Glad you had a great time Nick :-*

Guest macboy

Had to leave early, but we had a great time. Big thanks to Nikki.

Also, Grant Hill in tha house with about 5 ladies, but he was hanging out in the hip hop room. :-X

Guest ramon

sorry couldn't make it .. it happens .. glad to hear everyone had a good time and it was successful event for nikki! :)

Had to leave early, but we had a great time. Big thanks to Nikki.

Also, Grant Hill in tha house with about 5 ladies, but he was hanging out in the hip hop room. :-X

Grant Hill is a married man, he's married to Tamia who did the Strangers in the House track many moons ago, JP on the mix..

On to Cevin....

This is what djing is all about...

Pay attention wanna be djs... (and current miami djs)

It's not about one style, it's not about one bpm, it's not about just the newest bombs... It's about a journey, threw classics, house, tribaly/house, progressive, vocals, more classics etc..

Cevin did a fantastic job and bringing it up to a plateau, then back down, then up, then up again, then he simmers the crowd out, only to unleash some sick tunes... He even stopped the music for 15 seconds during one track... This was old school folks, a sign of someone who has been around the block before... It's not hit after hit after hit... It's "hey i have confidence that i won't loose the crowd if i play mellow tracks for a while" Morillo is still the king of this, and for fucks sake, you can toss in DT's name..

How focking great of Robophobia... Man, I love that track..

Shawn did a fantastic job aswell, great tracks... However I must concede to the cjers, I think it's time to put pump up the jam to bed...

Big thanks to the sexiest women in the mag biz, Nikki, and good seeing the guerra brothers out and a few cjers.. Alan T hanging around all night to.... MARCHELLO, ROUND UP THE CATTLE!! he he

Quote of the night:Imalwaysdancing "he better play women beat their men"

he never did :(

I don't have a very good TL, after a shot I was done..

Funk allstars Dave Armstrong remix..

A track that RBS played on this set, I gotta dig up the set to get the name.

pump up the jam

george kranze sample

sweet dreams remix

robophobia <<<< my fav!!!!!

I'll post more later, my brain kicks in days later, and they pop in my head.

There is a 100% chance he's comming back to the bigger clubs, he impressed a lot of folks last night.

PS, the women in there last night :o

Guest djtroko

Mr. Saleen I must correct u on something and While I agree that the track we are talking about was def the track of the night, it was not Robophobia. I stayed on all of Fishers set and he spun the MV remix of STYX's Mr. Roboto which is actually titled "Domo Arigato". I danced the whole track from start to finish. This is one track I am cutting my veins to posess. I offered a couple of people last night $100 if anyone dared steal it from Cevins cd case... ;D ;D ;D... I didnt have a chance to meet you. I was taking pics for CP. Well onto my review:::

Can't say much except repeat Saleen's exact words... Fischer definately ripped the hell outa AMika. I must say I haven't had that much fun workin for quite some time. WOW, this guy is def what Djing is all about. Threw in a bit of everything and I liked the fact that he went down a deeper darker road knowing that he was spinnin at peak hour. He threw in just about every style of house thats been written except shitty house. IMO his set was more progressive but thats the style that I love and that I spin. Cant really say much more except whenever this guy is spinnin again I will be there to see him. Excellent night.

Shawn played an excellent set and he did a great job spinnin before and after Cevin. It almost seemed they did a mini B2B for a minute but Im not sure. But Shawn if u read this post please take Saleen's advide and either throw away or scratch the Pump the Jam cd... Heard it at Rumi last night also and Im gettin tired of this track. There are so many excellent crownd pleasing choons out there and why repeat this one. This is my only complaint.

ALso loved the version of I NEED YOUR LOVIN that was played last night. Think this is the tune Saleen is refering to that Cevin brought it down for a while... Def gets the crowd in place to rock again...

Those who missed this party missed a hell of a night.

Good seeing you again Bling... always rockin the house as always.

Tony Guerra as always, an excellent host.

Saw Eddy Guerra last night but didnt get a chance to meet u. You looked like u were havin fun..

DOMO ARIGATO MR. ROBOTO... DOMO... DOMO!!!

Ok, i'm confused on the robo tracks....

I think you may be right, and DAMM it's the bomb!!!

I just put an APB out for the track... Lets see if I get it... (crossing fingers)

btw, I think you may have taken a photo of me ???

a couple photogs out last night..

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

On to Cevin....

It's not about one style, it's not about one bpm, it's not about just the newest bombs... It's about a journey, threw classics, house, tribaly/house, progressive, vocals, more classics etc..

Cevin did a fantastic job and bringing it up to a plateau, then back down, then up, then up again, then he simmers the crowd out, only to unleash some sick tunes... He even stopped the music for 15 seconds during one track... This was old school folks, a sign of someone who has been around the block before... It's not hit after hit after hit... It's "hey i have confidence that i won't loose the crowd if i play mellow tracks for a while" Morillo is still the king of this, and for fucks sake, you can toss in DT's name..

Shawn did a fantastic job aswell, great tracks... However I must concede to the cjers, I think it's time to put pump up the jam to bed...

Big thanks to the sexiest women in the mag biz, Nikki, and good seeing the guerra brothers out and a few cjers.. Alan T hanging around all night to.... MARCHELLO, ROUND UP THE CATTLE!! he he

pump up the jam

george kranze sample

sweet dreams remix

There is a 100% chance he's comming back to the bigger clubs, he impressed a lot of folks last night.

He did play it!! I asked again lol. It wasn't the longest version of the song but it was great!!! Thank you Shawn for relaying the message :)

On to Cevin....

pump up the jam

george kranze sample

sweet dreams remix

He did play it!! I asked again lol. It wasn't the longest version of the song but it was great!!! Thank you Shawn for relaying the message :)

Was it when he came back on after shawns second set???

I left shortly after that, so I may have missed it...

Guest TMc_Labs@HQ

I just put an APB out for the track... Lets see if I get it... (crossing fingers)

Hey Saleen. How did it sound it there last night? Was the sound system pretty tight?

Hey Saleen. How did it sound it there last night? Was the sound system pretty tight?

I thought it sounded great... no problems at all..

cevin was incredible. best dj set ive heard at amika yet......

loved it... he made a fan out of me no doubt...........

pics to come in my review thread of this and chesterfield..

mr roboto..... was f'n sick....... havent heard it at a club yet

this is a great dj ... the way he played a smooth sexy track like "I need ur lovin" then next track was tribally banging house and he went from one to the other perfectly

HOLY CRAPPPP ;D

cevin cool ass mofo too

hot women everywhere....

got to go on a limb here saleen. cevin's main room set better then the last time i heard morillo in main room ( yeah morillo played better in patio but in main room... i think cevin banged it better at amika then morillo did at space)

cevin imho better then fanciulli was at space....... and better then 75% of what i heard at WMC

Funk All Star - DJ Pedro & Terry G (Dave Armstrong Remix) ;)

Funk All Star - DJ Pedro & Terry G (Dave Armstrong Remix) ;)

what i ment, wast he played that track and another one off your set.. I need to play it and match it up to the track to get the id..

Guest skywalker01

lawler rocked domo arigato for wmc..LOVED it

caught cevin at prive during wmc as well...great set and SUPER nice person

Guest nikkki

First off...thanks to all the CJ's in attendance!

Nick (Saleen) it was great talking to you...!!! I'm glad you enjoyed my accent... ;) I know you're going to hate me for saying this...but I was right...YOU'RE A TEDDY BEAR! Have some friends I what to introduce you to... ;)

Daniel (Bling) thanks for your soon to come review, for getting there early....and for your sweetness! Sorry we couldn't talk too much, but I was all over the place, as you saw.

See you guys for my birthday!!!

Shawn, ONE OF MY TOP fave local dj's he definitely started off the party on the right foot. As a matter of a fact (and please don't blame them for not knowing more about the "music scene" , electronic music Dj's ETC.... They are naive to the subject and they know it....)everyone in my staff, our readers, clients etc. as a matter of a fact everyone in my table was asking me who Shawn was, and was making a point to say...."the music is amazing" they were even suggesting that Cevin stop and for Shawn to continue...I needed to explain to them 20 times (please keep in mind that at this point everyone is drunk) that Cevin Fisher was a guest dj....from NYC....a great producer and that if they loved Shawn so much...then go back to Amika on Friday's where he has a residence...... Eventually they GOT IT...and really enjoyed Cevin's set.

But I LOVED Cevin! Lot's of old school house, which I love....

And of course Shawn as well :)

My night was very long considering I arrived to Amika after the Erasure concert (at Mansion that went from 8-10)which was AMAZING..... though the sound def. has room for improvement... That is why I walked in tipsy...and walked out.... ??? confused....

I can't get over the vibe that was felt all throughout the night...it was amazing!!!!

Oh and JAIME FOX!!! Ahhhhh!!! The guy is a complete doll/and sweetheart...at the end of the night I was so drunk I just wanted to sit on his lap and hug him....thank god I did not he might have taken it the wrong way.... :-\

Thanks to all who participated/helped for another great night @ Amika... Tony...THE BEST HOST! :-* Always love working with the Amika staff!!!! Till next time... :)

Guest Alan T.

was great seeing all you guys and gals last

Friday!

Was a great time and my good longtime friend Cevin really served MIA a tidbit of his hugh amounts of talent-----WE MUST BRING HIM BACK!

\\\\\\\\\\\\KUDOS TO MR SHAWN RUDNICK-REAL CLASS ACT-WHO MADE IT EXTRMEMLY ACCOMADATING FOR CEVIN-ALL TOO RARE THESE DAYS-WAY TO GO SHAWN!

AS THE ACAS OF "PARKINGLOT GARAGE"-LOL AKA "THE WAY WE USED TO " -WHICH MADE CEVIN GAG FROM THE BATHROOM! LEGENDARY BEHAVIORAL MOMENT!

THANKS TO AMIKA WHO ARE ALWAYS SO HOSPITABLE! WAS GREAT SEEING LOCAL INDUSTRY LEGENDS AND THE LIKE>

BEN GRASSINI, JUAN MEJIA, ANNI PHEARCEMUSIC -"SINNER MAN"-PHEARCE

OLIVIER, AND LARRY MONTELEONE AND ALL YOU JUNKIES!

was great seeing all you guys and gals last

Friday!

Was a great time and my good longtime friend Cevin really served MIA a tidbit of his hugh amounts of talent-----WE MUST BRING HIM BACK!

\\\\\\\\\\\\KUDOS TO MR SHAWN RUDNICK-REAL CLASS ACT-WHO MADE IT EXTRMEMLY ACCOMADATING FOR CEVIN-ALL TOO RARE THESE DAYS-WAY TO GO SHAWN!

AS THE ACAS OF "PARKINGLOT GARAGE"-LOL AKA "THE WAY WE USED TO " -WHICH MADE CEVIN GAG FROM THE BATHROOM! LEGENDARY BEHAVIORAL MOMENT!

THANKS TO AMIKA WHO ARE ALWAYS SO HOSPITABLE! WAS GREAT SEEING LOCAL INDUSTRY LEGENDS AND THE LIKE>

BEN GRASSINI, JUAN MEJIA, ANNI PHEARCEMUSIC -"SINNER MAN"-PHEARCE

OLIVIER, AND LARRY MONTELEONE AND ALL YOU JUNKIES!

welcome to Cooljunkie...

WAITING FOR CEVIN TO COME BACK TO MAIMI.....

JONESING!!!!!