Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ear Plugs in clubs...

CrzyC1414779017

ive had custom made musician ear filters made from hearx.

they took a custom mold of my ear and had 25db filters put in..

It was the best $150 bucks i ever spent!!

i couldnt enter a club w/o them

If you go clubbing alot, its worth it.. $150 on you ears is peanuts compared to hearing aids..

only problem is they are real small, if your prone to losing things then dont bother.. i lost mine after two years :(

but didnt get replace them.. i dont go clubbing as much as i used too.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Funketeer

earplugs in clubs, definitively for wannabes, in girls...a sure turn-off...what's the big deal people? you go def, then you go def...but looking like a moron can sometimes be worse than losing your hearing

consider that 8)

ill look like a moron lol those that dont wear them are askin for trouble

i didnt for the first 2 yrs i went out then noticed my hearing wasnt as good as it used to be.

i wear earplugs all the time now. sometimes i dont at amika because behind the booth its not so bad but anytime at space its a must or nocturnal....... or crobar.....

Guest Nefarious Girl

I have ALWAY wore them.....check out some past pics on our site and see. They sell them in flesh color and the best are the light blues....will give more info later on the name. WEAR THEM TO THE CLUBS, TO THE SHOWS!!!

If you guys see me....ask me for some. I usually carry extras!!

Guest saintjohn

I carry extras, too.

The first time my wife and I ever went to the old Space, I realized how powerful the sound system was as soon as we got through the door. As we were making our way to main room, I reached into my pocket and pulled out a small ziplock baggie full of neon-colored earplugs. One of the bouncers immediately swooped down on us to determine what, if anything, was going on. When he realized what I was actually "distributing," he asked for a pair. "Good lookin' out," he said. "I left mine at home."

Guest eli_lilly

1. Isn't it lows that hurt your ears more than highs? Highs move your ear drum quck and fast, the lows move it long and slow???

5. how do you know if the ear plugs really help?

It's straight dB level that dictates whether a sound damages your ears. However, your ear has a frequency response curve due to its shape, so it takes a lot more bass than midrange to cause hearing damage. One must keep in mind that modern recordings compensate for this curve, though. In addition, since key components of human speech occur in the 3kHz midrange region, loss of hearing in that region can be more noticeable than loss of hearing in lower regions.

Basically, your ear is most sensitive to midrange frequencies (refer to "fletcher-munson curve") and loss of those frequencies is the most noticeable.

E

Article just released by Newsweek for the June 6th issue:

050527_HearingImplant_vl.vmedium.jpg

A Little Bit Louder, Please

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8017906/site/newsweek/

"The ubiquitous music players, which send sound directly down the ear canal, are a potential problem for millions of Americans, young and old. In a recent informal study at the House Ear Institute, researchers found that the new generation of digital audio players, with their exceptional clarity, allow listeners to turn up the volume without the signal distortion that occurs with traditional analog audio. Without distortion, which serves as kind of natural volume governor, listeners may be exposed to unsafe sound levels without realizing it. In preliminary observations, the music at the eardrum topped 115 decibels. Exposure to noise that loud for more than 28 seconds per day, over time, can cause permanent damage."

Guest Nefarious Girl

That ring in your ears after a long night (and morning) at club is a not a good thing. This can happen people!

More info, go to the American Tinnitus Association site.

www.ata.org