Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The electro back lash...

V. Barbarino

Not a question of if, but rather when... I'm seeing way too many productions and jocks playing this electro stuff. While some of it is ok, it's so over kill... I think we are approaching the back lash and it's doubtful after the summer the electro sounds will still be around.. OG played over an hour of them, man it was awful stuff.

Sure the Subusa guys sound is the same across 95% of their productions, but I think thier style will never fade. Fans always gravitate back to that sound, it's sorta the basis for house music these days.

Just like tribal when I predicted it's down fall, i'm telling yous now the electro sound is over exsposed... If anything more of the progressive house choons may make a comeback..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest web_norah

you just noticed that.....it's been over a year ago that electro has been making a stamp on dance music.

Guest web_norah

kill it with what? techno? house? breaks?

it'll run its course....even though it's been over a year (especially since Felix Da Housecat's album release which had some good songs, Mylo, Skylark, etc etc).

Guest Devilicious

Personally I haven't heard too much of it at all.....I love that electro sound on a big system. Everything dies eventually, so clearly it's a matter of when it falls out of popularity, but for now I say bring it on :)

Guest lyrik

kill it with what? techno? house? breaks?

that is the million dollar question..

Actually I think it did run it's course about a year ago and fell off...acid house came back on the scene this last year and killed it and now for some strange reason electro is making a small charge again into the scene...only this time instead of using the electro pop-synth samples of the 80's...its rock n’ roll electro...it will die off very soon...most of the productions are simple cookie cutter tracks that are mind numbingly alike.

Guest web_norah

everyone has been rocking the electro lately - even bands like LCD Soundsystem and the Killers have that edge.

i think as long as people keep making the records -it'll be there.

Guest LeVeL

Electro is cool and all I have a lot of electro songs and I have to agree they are cookie cutter.

Okay, So I know I am not in Miami anymore, but when you are saying electro, do you mean Underworld / Electroliners type sound or House influenced songs with electro chords and such.

It is still House music, the same way Tribal was still house and the same way Progressive was still house.

There is a big difference.

Guest web_norah

Okay, So I know I am not in Miami anymore, but when you are saying electro, do you mean Underworld / Electroliners type sound or House influenced songs with electro chords and such.

It is still House music, the same way Tribal was still house and the same way Progressive was still house.

There is a big difference.

i'd say more like the Cars Go By by Felix da Housecat, LCD Soundsystem, Chemical Brothers and Mylo

Underworld is a category of its own ;D

According to Sander K. in an interview with DJ Times, he states that he thinks that we are begining to go back to the Just House and not all of the Sub-Genres of House in the club environment.

Anything better than the 80's remixes. They must have remade every 80's song in 3 months.

Guest web_norah

at least the 80's remixes like the Eric Prydz tune, dont all sound like the same electro riff over and over again. if only they didnt get killed and burned like "Pump Up the Jam". :shrugs: :-\

Guest durrtylexx

One thing that I'm tired of are the rock remixes, enough already. I can't stand that sweet child of mine remix anymore.

One thing that I'm tired of are the rock remixes, enough already. I can't stand that sweet child of mine remix anymore.

I hear ya!. That's what I meant. 80's / Rock remixes. :-X

Like Norah said a few are cool but for the most part I rather listen to Hip Hop!

Guest The_Man

I've spoken with DJs about the rock/80s remixes and they love them because it gets people who don't listen to EDM into the the music they are playing. It brings a broader audience and lessens those annoying "Can you play hip hop?" requests.

Guest djqba

I have to agree it's becoming a little too much even for me and I like it. Some of these songs are down right boring. There's a battle for main rooms everywhere Hip hop vs House Music or some other sound like Mixed Format which I hate. I like my music pure like the driven snow. As for the 80 remixes some are crappy but some have alot of merit and they extend the age and background of your audience. I have had people come to me and say "I don't like the kind of music that you all spin but I couldn't help but move to those remixes you played".. Like every DJ we try to change our sound to fit the room and the people in it. Job #1 of any DJ is to get people to dance and if you fail to do that, then we should just stay in our bedrooms and play for ourselves..

Guest web_norah

so make techno the new electro....

i dont see it happening in some parts of the world. same goes to breaks, even though i love breaks.

there has to be an element of familiarity for people to embrace one of the sub-genres, tribal had it, electro had it, 80's and rock have it too.....so is it hip hop then?

i hope NOT!

Guest The_Man

The most I could see is hip hop accapellas and it would be limited. There definitely would be none of that crunk malarkey. I think we would see something along the lines of Black Eyed Peas or Outkast.