Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The electro back lash...

V. Barbarino

Guest ramon

trance will come back before techno blows up...

techno is so dead the picotto party at space for wmc tanked..

doubtful they'll allow him back..

oh and lets not forget privliage...

where do you think trance came from? *lol* :)

techno is alive and kicking and its kicking everyone's ass at the moment .. look at anyone's chart and they are playing some sort of techno record.

i heard meganite went quite well im not sure where you are getting your 'tanked' info from.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ramon

kill it with what? techno? house? breaks?

that is the million dollar question..

Actually I think it did run it's course about a year ago and fell off...acid house came back on the scene this last year and killed it and now for some strange reason electro is making a small charge again into the scene...only this time instead of using the electro pop-synth samples of the 80's...its rock n’ roll electro...it will die off very soon...most of the productions are simple cookie cutter tracks that are mind numbingly alike.

acid never died. it's just more pravalent now.

Guest JoeBudious

Man, you are so behind the times. Aquabooty helped promote "Return to New York" 3 conferences ago. 90% was electro.

The retro thing starting kicking a couple of years before that.

Bands like A.R.E. weapons was one of the first bands that kinda broke the sound back out.

Ironically, Tomas (of San Frandisco Wicked Crew fame) was one of the orchestraters.

Of course, Tommie Sunshine (dustraxx/ zylophone jones) also started banging out electro about 6 yeras ago. His buddy, Felix the housecat came on board a few years later, passing them all over with his crossover hit album.

I like the scene because it is a smooth buffer for those "anti-dj" types to get comfortable with dj's and house music.

I do feel it is a trend, but it will probably go a little underground once it gets played out. It is here to stay.

I guess we will all see what happens.

jb

Guest lyrik

Actually I think it did run it's course about a year ago and fell off...acid house came back on the scene this last year and killed it and now for some strange reason electro is making a small charge again into the scene...only this time instead of using the electro pop-synth samples of the 80's...its rock n’ roll electro...it will die off very soon...most of the productions are simple cookie cutter tracks that are mind numbingly alike.

Ya for sure - I was speaking in the general sense though - mainstream if you will....meaning it came full circle this last year and was more noticed because some of the bigger name jocks started to hammer it - but other lesser known (underground house Djs of sorts) had been playing this in some capacity all along going years back...ie Hardfloor, Justin Long, Dan X...Derrick...etc. I do think a lot of the acid being put out by some of the jocks new to the genre currently is waaaay too watered down and minimal...acid in essence is suppose to sound raw and gritty and analog...not so polished....at least thats my take on it.

Guest ramon

Man, you are so behind the times. Aquabooty helped promote "Return to New York" 3 conferences ago. 90% was electro.

Bands like A.R.E. weapons was one of the first bands that kinda broke the sound back out.

Ironically, Tomas (of San Frandisco Wicked Crew fame) was one of the orchestraters.

Of course, Tommie Sunshine (dustraxx/ zylophone jones) also started banging out electro about 6 yeras ago. His buddy, Felix the housecat came on board a few years later, passing them all over with his crossover hit album.

I like the scene because it is a smooth buffer for those "anti-dj" types to get comfortable with dj's and house music.

I do feel it is a trend, but it will probably go a little underground once it gets played out. It is here to stay.

jb

he's also on gigolo and he's playing in detroit next saturday .. might have to check him out :)

Guest ramon

Ya for sure - I was speaking in the general sense though - mainstream if you will....meaning it came full circle this last year and was more noticed because some of the bigger name jocks started to hammer it - but other lesser known (underground house Djs of sorts) had been playing this in some capacity all along going years back...ie Hardfloor, Justin Long, Dan X...Derrick...etc. I do think a lot of the acid being put out by some of the jocks new to the genre currently is waaaay too watered down and minimal...acid in essence is suppose to sound raw and gritty and analog...not so polished....at least thats my take on it.

Hardfloor is back with a new album. You can buy it on beatport.

jb

JB putting the smack down! ;D

Guest JoeBudious

tommie is the man

too electro now for me as a whole when he plays out. I'd love to have him play a house set (as he did @b maximus 8 years ago) the man knows music, especially beats and drumming. also, if you meet the cat, he is off the scale cool. def a rock star w/ out a band. i think hes gonna make it huge some day, out of the underground. felix level or higher maybe. we'll see.

if you are where he's at, check it out. expect electro and more

and crazy glasses and beard and long hair and. . . .

Guest KellyKel

Ya I agree.....I remember electro blowing up in 2002-2003....even at conference 2003...electro parties were the buzz...

Tommie Sunshine, Felix, Junior Sanchez, Peaches, Larry Tee, Princess Superstar...Avenue D!!!

Remember.....http://www.avenued.com/

I love "2D2F" Funny as hell...

But since then it really fell off... even in Atlanta there was a high demand for Electro/ euro trash/ trendy parties...now it's unheard of

Guest The_Man

Man, you are so behind the times.

Are you talking to me?? ??? I never made any mention of electro.

Guest ramon

Ya I agree.....I remember electro blowing up in 2002-2003....even at conference 2003...electro parties were the buzz...

Tommie Sunshine, Felix, Junior Sanchez, Peaches, Larry Tee, Princess Superstar...Avenue D!!!

But since then it really fell off... even in Atlanta there was a high demand for Electro/ euro trash/ trendy parties...now it's unheard of

I love peaches its fuckin dope. Really good beats and ghetto lyrics .. almost reminds me of miami bass :)

Guest Nefarious Girl

so make techno the new electro....

NEVER.

I am a huge fan of electro house if it's not the same ol' tracks. There are many, many electroclash tracks that can be totally spun into house and they are not 80's remixes. I love Soulwax's E-talking (ft Nancy Whang) which is a rock song remixed and reproduced. So it's not always the 80's remixed or the indie rock records with a little funky house sound. There are a whole mess of artist that do this sound and I couldn't see a better pair get together. When I play house, I always hear the right moment to mix in an electro track for the funk of it.

Guest Devilicious

I love peaches its fuckin dope. Really good beats and ghetto lyrics .. almost reminds me of miami bass :)

I saw Peaches live at the tiniest venue in NC....... fucking rocked that place. HOT!!!

Guest Devilicious

techno is so dead the picotto party at space for wmc tanked..

Were you actually at that party ???

There was NOTHING dead about it, and judging by the masses of people there it far from tanked. Even your BFF Morillo was there

I can appreciate many different genres and regardless of what's popular here in Miami and around other places, that hard techno shit moves me and I LUFF IT!!!

Like they say ...alot of one thing can be too much ....

diversity people....quality ..party music i call it....

dont take it too serious n just DANCEEEEE ...thats my thing ...

serious music for serious people...naaaaa....boring ..

as a dj ...u got to put on a show ..n make the peepz move there ass ...throw them ALL sounds ..... GOOD tunes are 4ever... from ACID to TECHNO to ELECTRO ...to BREAKS ...and back to HOUSE......w/e man!!! its all in the mix..... skills to play the good tunes....thats it!!

Guest LeVeL

that hard techno shit moves me and I LUFF IT!!!

Its Love it..WTF people cant spell Love it anymore ::):P

Guest Devilicious

that hard techno shit moves me and I LUFF IT!!!

Its Love it..WTF people cant spell Love it anymore ::):P

I have to admit, I cracked a smile at that remark..... :)

Thanks for the correction ::):D:P

Guest Satan

cant believe i read through these three pages. i dont even know what were talking about, this cuca back lash thing.

Guest web_norah

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

::)

LOL

BCNJunkie is that U?

;D lol, Bcn is too busy with his new cafe business to be posting these days.

What most of you don't realize or have not stated is that the Electro thing already is gone from the "house" realm and into Drum & Bass..

Most producers that pioneered the sound have moved on renouncing it... and now only the D&B producers are using that 80's electro sound...

It will always have some re-occurance anywhere dance music is played but it's high time has come and is going, goin', gone 8)

Guest LeVeL

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

::)

LOL

BCNJunkie is that U?

;D lol, Bcn is too busy with his new cafe business to be posting these days.

Hey dont tell me that the post didn't fool you because for a moment there it almost had me...lol