Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Stryke vs Cedric poll

V. Barbarino

Keeping all things equal, AT CLUB SPACE, who would you rather see every week?  

1. 1. Keeping all things equal, AT CLUB SPACE, who would you rather see every week?

Guest Dizm

Regardless of the back up track that chimed in after the accident, he could have picked it right back up and started jamming but he kept it about a energy level 5-6, when people were ready for 10-11 ( 1-10 rating scale) It was a perfect evening and the club is so raw and sweet that I just think that Stryke didnt do as good as he should have if hes getting payed to entertain and deliver sweet house music. I will however go see him again and see what he can do, before I completely judge,

PS I saw a pvdj grabber sitting right infront of him but it wasnt set up or plugged in, ( Might not be his) he had the final scratch going though , but it would be nice if he hooked up the grabber and started doing some live sampling and beatbuilding as well as felt the miami crowd a bit more,

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ramon

Regardless of the back up track that chimed in after the accident, he could have picked it right back up and started jamming but he kept it about a energy level 5-6, when people were ready for 10-11 ( 1-10 rating scale) It was a perfect evening and the club is so raw and sweet that I just think that Stryke didnt do as good as he should have if hes getting payed to entertain and deliver sweet house music. I will however go see him again and see what he can do, before I completely judge,

PS I saw a pvdj grabber sitting right infront of him but it wasnt set up or plugged in, ( Might not be his) he had the final scratch going though , but it would be nice if he hooked up the grabber and started doing some live sampling and beatbuilding as well as felt the miami crowd a bit more,

he uses a cycloops for sampling .. :)

too bad this isnt a talent poll....stryke would have won that one without question ;)

isn't moving the crowd the most import aspect of "talent"????

to quote a big name dj " who cares if a dj can do all those tricks if the crowd doesn't dance"

so true.... example, rudnick is not the greatest technical dj but he sure can get amika dancing.....

Guest teabag

fuck this poll........dj lazaro mendez at the cameo theater that's what I am talking about....UNCLE AL!!!!!! save us!!!!!

I'm not saying Cedric sucks because he doesn't. Not one of my favorites either. But if it came down to technical ability and versatility, Fuck what anybody else says. Stryke wins hands down!!!! No competition here. The guy is a walking encyclopedia of music and has ridiculous skills.

too bad this isnt a talent poll....stryke would have won that one without question ;)

So basically you're saying that if this poll was based on talent (which it is obviously talent based, what other reason would make you vote for one or the other); than Cedric would not the slightest chance on this poll?

The best way for you to understand what we're saying is to go to Nocturnal on a saturday right in the middle of a patio set and look at what the man is doing. Freaking amazing.

Guest lavosdeldiablo

I'm not saying Cedric sucks because he doesn't. Not one of my favorites either. But if it came down to technical ability and versatility' date=' Fuck what anybody else says. Stryke wins hands down!!!! No competition here. The guy is a walking encyclopedia of music and has ridiculous skills.

[/quote']

TRUE! ive heard stryke the last 2 saturdays in a row, and he's been bringing it... :)

Guest tres-b

apples and oranges

Read the question. It isnt comparing apples and oranges. It is asking who you would rather hear at Space week in and week out.

Also, it is not a talent based question. It is simply who would you rather hear. Example-Who would you rather see in concert U2 or Aerosmith? This question has nothing to do with talent and everything to do with personal preferences.

Guest aj2234

I was at nocturnal the last week and heard stryke play for the first time. I heard him play one super sweet track, then int he middle it cut out completely and some girl behind him hit a side cdj with a backup track on it. It was a slow building type track then it kicked in at about 5 bpms slower than the track he was playing before he had his accident. It totally killed the crowd. I was unimpressed, very , At least cedric mixes well and keeps things up to par with what the crowd is feeling. Both arent geniuses by any means but cedric is at least white, ( just kidding) I hope to hear stryke do a better job at nocturnal rooftop next time

i was there when that happened. the reason for the music cutting out is that stryke uses final scratch and the final scratch amp box fell due to the amount of bass in the booth. you have to remember nocturnal is brand new and we're still working out all the kinks. so the pause in music was not his fault at all.

Guest Dizm

I knew that it wasnt his fault, but he let the energy die down big time after that, What do you do at nocturnal? Are you part of the team there?

Guest aj2234

I knew that it wasnt his fault, but he let the energy die down big time after that, What do you do at nocturnal? Are you part of the team there?

i do promotions there

Guest Dizm

i do promotions there

Thats very tight, do you happen to know what track he was playign when the final scratch fell and messed up the set. I would really like to find out, so I can jam it out myself.

Guest aj2234

i do promotions there

Thats very tight, do you happen to know what track he was playign when the final scratch fell and messed up the set. I would really like to find out, so I can jam it out myself.

you'd have to ask him. i was pretty drunk

Guest ramon

i do promotions there

i need more than that to id the track .. vocal bit? description of the song?

Hands down - Stryke. And yes i am very biased. Greg is an amazingly talented musician, so much more than he is given credit for. I will have to heartily agree that he is the DJ's dj and i really can't fathom why his sound does not appeal to the mainstream. I have NEVER heard a bad set from him, from the low key Jazid sets to banging techno at Privilege.

The only possible conclusion is that maybe it is because he doesn't have a dj "persona"?? Cedric certainly does, from his white belt to the bevy of Gervaittes. Greg has to be one of the most modest and down to earth dj's i have ever met. Totally unassuming, he lets his music speak for him.

Guest pod

Greg has a personality. Just get him yakking about Xbox or something. 8)

I wouldn't say a DJ requires this mythical persona to be popular. A big example I know is of Paul Van Dyk. He's one of the most popular DJs on the planet, but he's rather modest about it.

Greg has a personality. Just get him yakking about Xbox or something. 8)

I wouldn't say a DJ requires this mythical persona to be popular. A big example I know is of Paul Van Dyk. He's one of the most popular DJs on the planet, but he's rather modest about it.

ill kick his ass at halo 2..... bringg it greg. and no i dont have live we have to do this thing in person lol

Greg has to be one of the most modest and down to earth dj's i have ever met. Totally unassuming, he lets his music speak for him.

That has got to be one of the most accurate descriptions of Stryke I have ever read. He doesn't need to brag or boast. just give him his equipment and he will amaze you. When i went to Nocturnal for the opening saturday i simply could not leave the patio. Jackie and Angel were there the whole time with me.

Guest ravnroly

fuck this poll........dj lazaro mendez at the cameo theater that's what I am talking about....UNCLE AL!!!!!! save us!!!!!

LOL...LOL...LOL... Yup Thats the shiiiiit!!!