Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Stryke vs Cedric poll

V. Barbarino

Keeping all things equal, AT CLUB SPACE, who would you rather see every week?  

1. 1. Keeping all things equal, AT CLUB SPACE, who would you rather see every week?

Guest Dizm

I knew that it wasnt his fault, but he let the energy die down big time after that, What do you do at nocturnal? Are you part of the team there?

i do promotions there

Thats very tight, do you happen to know what track he was playign when the final scratch fell and messed up the set. I would really like to find out, so I can jam it out myself.

i need more than that to id the track .. vocal bit? description of the song?

It was a very sweet groovy track that sounded like an acid groove but the unique thing about it is that it was using some sort of hip hop violin sounding synth riff that was sick as hell, no vocal that I can rememeber, ...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg has to be one of the most modest and down to earth dj's i have ever met. Totally unassuming' date=' he lets his music speak for him.

[/quote']

That has got to be one of the most accurate descriptions of Stryke I have ever read. He doesn't need to brag or boast. just give him his equipment and he will amaze you. When i went to Nocturnal for the opening saturday i simply could not leave the patio. Jackie and Angel were there the whole time with me.

Damn straight...you know i dont come out of hibernation often but when i do, WATCH OUT. I have a lot of love and support.

Guest houseman

how did this end up 50/50

thats BS

there wasnt 50/50 in nocturnal on saturday

it looked like 150% TURN OUT AT SPACE................THAT SHIT WAS ON FIRE......IN ALL THE ROOMS

MAINROOM WAS OUT OF CONTROL

NOC. GOT TO DO BETTER THAN LETTING PEOPLE IN FREE

Guest Dizm

thats BS

it looked like 150% TURN OUT AT SPACE................THAT SHIT WAS ON FIRE......IN ALL THE ROOMS

Yes this is true, deepdish was ther on saturday and it was pumpin, I was at nocturnal however becasue when I approached the doorman qith 8 people (4 beautiful women 4 men) and asked for a table for the eight of use he said in teh usual space bouncer asshole manner that it would cost us 1200 dollars , a minimum of 5 bottles to go in. We had plenty of money to spend but my party thought it was ridiculous that we would even get close to drinkin 5 bottles with just 8 people. The only thing nocturnal needs to to take a big fat shit on spaces head is better talent and headliners. When are we going to see a carl cox, or a john digweed over there?. we need big names, yes its true that some artists(deepdish etc) have exclusivity contracts with space, but there needs to be better talent recruited to play at nocturnatl, as a club nocturnal is 100 times, better, setup the terrace etc. Plus the people there were alot more amicable and didnt treat us like cattle. I heard a rumor that John Digweed will not play there ever again and doubled all collective agency fees due to Spaces asshole attitude, they didnt let his GF in last time he played, and they would not let him in to see deepdish during WMC. Space is great but its not the atmosphere or the staff or facility that makes it great its the great djs. Take that away and space is a shitholio

Guest FatKap.Net

I was at space and nocturnal on saturday and if cedric stays there, nocturnal will be closed in 3 months. If they dont step it up.

thats BS

My view on this is that most of the people that go to space are mere cattle. They go where its "hot" and space has been around for a while. As far as talent, my opinion is that Nocturnal is far superior. Deep Dish at space? YAWN. Ive seen them there 4 times and ill never go back. Kinda reminds me of the crowd that used to go to Nikki Beach, it was the in place to be. The people that go to space are the same ones that think that conference IS ultra. They have no clue what the whole concept is nor the fact that there is so much going on.

Just face it, we are the minority. Even if we all show up at the same event (like that would ever happen) it would still be a far cry from making much of a difference when you take real numbers into consideration.

Oh and i never said that Greg had no personality. Dan you know me better than that. *lol*

My view on this is that most of the people that go to space are mere cattle. They go where its "hot" and space has been around for a while. As far as talent, my opinion is that Nocturnal is far superior. Deep Dish at space? YAWN. Ive seen them there 4 times and ill never go back. Kinda reminds me of the crowd that used to go to Nikki Beach, it was the in place to be. The people that go to space are the same ones that think that conference IS ultra. They have no clue what the whole concept is nor the fact that there is so much going on.

Just face it, we are the minority. Even if we all show up at the same event (like that would ever happen) it would still be a far cry from making much of a difference when you take real numbers into consideration.

Oh and i never said that Greg had no personality. Dan you know me better than that. *lol*

Jackie,

I go to Space every saturday because I CHOOSE to go there. I for once take the time to actually look at all my options on any given saturday night (this past weekend i went to Blue and i had a great time)... and guess what, this weeekend i'll be going to Nocturnal to see my good friend Greg, i havent seen him in a while ..

.. and yes J, i DO KNOW what the Winter Music Conference is .. i know what is all about and i DO KNOW whats go on during that week

btw, Nice to see you on opening night

Guest klubveteran

did anyone else notice jackie has a huge rack now???

LOL! shes always had nice cans

;D

Guest Devilicious

thats BS

The crowd at Space (at least for the patio) is a far cry from that of Sunday night Nikki Beach in its heyday. Call em cattle if you want, but they are not the see and be seen type you found at Nikki/Pearl a few years back.

I don't mean to offend here but I have to be honest. Just because someone chooses to spend their Sunday mornings at Space does NOT mean they are uninformed. On the contrary, it's one of (now) a mere two options for that time, and consistently has good music at an awesome venue.

You are being pretty judgemental in parts of your post, and don't really seem to have a good grasp on the space crowd (again patio is all I'm speaking for) It's my belief that the majority go because it's one helluva good time, not at all because it's the "in" spot. In fact I could name a dozen places that are far more "in" than Space. Many of the "cattle" might not know much about music, but I know a good portion of them do, and I know I speak for more than a few "cattle" when I tell you I didn't go NEAR ultra :)

The crowd at Space (at least for the patio) is a far cry from that of Sunday night Nikki Beach in its heyday. Call em cattle if you want, but they are not the see and be seen type you found at Nikki/Pearl a few years back.

I don't mean to offend here but I have to be honest. Just because someone chooses to spend their Sunday mornings at Space does NOT mean they are uninformed. On the contrary, it's one of (now) a mere two options for that time, and consistently has good music at an awesome venue.

You are being pretty judgemental in parts of your post, and don't really seem to have a good grasp on the space crowd (again patio is all I'm speaking for) It's my belief that the majority go because it's one helluva good time, not at all because it's the "in" spot. In fact I could name a dozen places that are far more "in" than Space. Many of the "cattle" might not know much about music, but I know a good portion of them do, and I know I speak for more than a few "cattle" when I tell you I didn't go NEAR ultra :)

What she said. :)

Guest musicalmissionary

that quesadilla for lunch must have had a happy pill in it. i'm surprised you didn't bite their head off.

Guest Cosmigonon

thats BS

Werd... :P

thats BS

sorry but i dont go to ultra...is that bad?

i got a turbo tho, so im cool right ;) ;D

thats BS

Yes i will agree that i dont have much of a grasp on what the patio is all about these days since i havne't gone to space since Halloween. The patio though, is not all i was talking about. Now that i go back and reread my post, i can see where i might have come across as a bit judgemental. Maybe my distance from miami has given me a different outlook seeing the scene from the eyes of people that do not go to messageboards or even go to clubs more than once a month. All they know is space, and call the music they play there techno because they have no clue.

I also didn't go anywhere near ultra. Nor space for that matter. For what, to see the quarterly residents at triple the price? No thanks.

Andrew, I wasn't talking about you specifically. Or anyone really on this board, the fact that you are on here illustrates that you want to be (or are) informed and educated. Not that that in itself means anything really.