Clubplanet Nightlife Community

post a pic of ur car thread

Guest tiltmiami

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Adam Singer

anyone wanna hit up a road course with me?

im getting pretty decent at performance driving... ;D

Rear wheel drive + midengine = SICKNESS. Turbo is overrated on the autox course. Too much lag, so i might be opting out of that. Possibly dropping the solara v6 in there and putting the trd charger on it.

Diogo, what motor do you have in there? The SR20? I can see the piping for your FMIC, pretty dope. Id love to see your engine bay. How do you like the Kumhos? I had them on my S2000 because i was eating up the Bridgestones at the track like crazy.

Lag is not bad for a daily driver when u live in a metropolitan city w/ heavy traffic. Not all turbos have are laggy but we dont have to get into that discussion...kinda abc lol

Not SR hyped or whipped lol...i know 2 many w/ the SR but i choose the Iron KA24DE block over Alum...

My first car was a 82 Z28 Camaro, than a 92 lx 5.0 stang, than got into the usdm import scene...again not all bout jdm heaven lol.

I like HRE...they are nice...id sport them

8)

Lag is not bad for a daily driver when u live in a metropolitan city w/ heavy traffic. Not all turbos have are laggy but we dont have to get into that discussion...kinda abc lol

Not SR hyped or whipped lol...i know 2 many w/ the SR but i choose the Iron KA24DE block over Alum...

My first car was a 82 Z28 Camaro, than a 92 lx 5.0 stang, than got into the usdm import scene...again not all bout jdm heaven lol.

8)

Yeah when i was looking into the 240s i would have taken the KA over the SR, stronger block. I was going to go drastic and get the RB26 though. But then everyone and their mother wanted a "silvia" so i decided to go with a more obscure car that is very underrated. As far as JDM heaven, im not hardcore jdm, a lot of that is fanaticism. I do like the idea of so much power coming from a small package. That (for me) started with the respect i have for the S2000 - highest hp per liter in an NA.

Angel - so i started, whatchu gonna do about it huh?? :-*

Personally i think the HRE's are beautiful but sooooo heavy.

Yeah i prefer the KA iron block you can't go wrong. The SR does have a much better flowing head, and will yield more revs. But with if you want over 500 hp you need to get the block sleeved. Which is more money. With the KA you don't need that. The only problem with the KA is the relatively high compression and the lack of piston coolers.

As far as the RB in the s13/rps13/s14 chassis, personally i don't see the use for it. It's a light chassis all it really needs is a 4 cylinder turbo,that's plenty. Can't argue with engineers. That's the whole reason nissan put the RB in the skyline in the first place, it's a much heavier car(3400-3500 lbs).

8)

personally i think that lag is good if you're trying to save gas. You can drive off boost all day if you want. The only problem is if you're driving a car with no torque, the car will feel lethargic.

HRE's are nice, I like them, but i feel that they belong on bigger cars like supras and GS300 turbos. These cars make gobs of torque so a little weight penalty won't hurt. Besides at 180 mph i don't think your main concern should be light weight,lol. You actually want to feel planted.

My first car was a 82 Z28 Camaro' date=' than a 92 lx 5.0 stang, than got into the usdm import scene...again not all bout jdm heaven lol.

8)

[/quote']

personally i think that lag is good if you're trying to save gas. You can drive off boost all day if you want. The only problem is if you're driving a car with no torque, the car will feel lethargic.

HRE's are nice, I like them, but i feel that they belong on bigger cars like supras and GS300 turbos. These cars make gobs of torque so a little weight penalty won't hurt. Besides at 180 mph i don't think your main concern should be light weight,lol. You actually want to feel planted.

Apples to Apples

KA w/ SR turbo(baby potato t28) vs. SR stock

KA=torque

SR=no torque, just high end

no need to rev to 9k on the roads, trust me...street racing is gay.

Guest Diabolique

delta_three.jpg

metro_train.jpg

1992_Ford_NYC_taxi.jpeg

budget_Logo.jpg

pretty much in that order, minus my car rental last week in L.A. Becuase I travel for my job, and usually in cities, I don't need a car at this time, but I use my bf's Nissan Maxima when I'm home if I need it... 96%20maxima%20sl.jpg

I also prefer: NIKE%202.jpg

Just trains and sneakers would suit me fine... :)

ALL these images, I can hear your server choking, lol... :P~

Guest Diabolique

so here's my dilemma...not anytime in the near future, but likely before the year is out..I'm saving my $$, and waiting for some real estate to sell. Once that happens I will have at least $30k at my disposal. Do I buy a $30K (or less) car, OR do I purchase, say a 15K car, and reinvest the remaiing $15K into another piece of property?

what would you do? I'm leaning towards the split myself...

Guest swirlundergrounder

so here's my dilemma...not anytime in the near future, but likely before the year is out..I'm saving my $$, and waiting for some real estate to sell. Once that happens I will have at least $30k at my disposal. Do I buy a $30K (or less) car, OR do I purchase, say a 15K car, and reinvest the remaiing $15K into another piece of property?

what would you do? I'm leaning towards the split.

You can get a good car for $15k. And take the other $15K and reinvest it. how many times do you have an extra $15 k just laying around to invest? Plus why buy a car for $30k if you won't drive it that much? A $30k car also would depreciate faster than a $15 car once you drive it out of the lot. And I'd watch your $15k investment in real estate. The bubble is gonna burst soon. I'd take that $15k and invest it 'Whole Food' grocery store stock. Or something in the health/natural food industy. It's a growing trend and I see a generational shift in the eating habits of young Americans. So jump on the band wagon... Real Estate investments seem a little over staturated especially with all of the over development here in Miami..If this is the area you are looking to invest in....

That's what I would do with your money. Take some and buy something you need and use most of it to make more money and get what you really want when you have more money to make even more money later.....