Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Downtown parking prices are too high...

V. Barbarino

Space, NOC ,Players, Goldrush, you guys need to do something. Parking use to be 5 bucks and 10, now it's 20 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not NYC..!!!! I fully understand capitalism, but downtown is on the verge of blowing up and you guys need to put pressure on park west...

Now sure what you can do, but an open public letter to park west would atleast send a signal that you guys are aware of the problem and are trying to do something about it for your customers.

We park 2 blocks away for ten bucks...

Guest coach

I agree. Last time we went up we just valet'ed it because it was the same price as parking. I think that if the clubs and other businesses actually got together and put some pressure on the parking companies, they could rectify the situation. Or go talk to the city council. They can regulate the parking prices.

Guest Diabolique

It's great you want to keep parking rates down, but South Beach has been charging $15+ for years. At least in downtown, you can park farther out, and pay less, or even score free parking if you can find a meter. What is really needed are patrols to man more streets so people an walk safely to and from their cars without being accosted or worse by the crackheads that linger around.

The city could use some money made from parking to hire patrols/off duty cops.

Guest ericac

yeah if you score a meter, but to those of use who dont get downtown until afterhours (5-6a) get tickets on our windshield for $18 each time because you know im not leaving till after 8 or 9 or 10a...

sometimes i take the chance and park because i dont have the cash for parking at that moment so at least when i get the ticket i have 30 days to make everyone i drove there to chip in!!

Guest digital7

yeah if you score a meter, but to those of use who dont get downtown until afterhours (5-6a) get tickets on our windshield for $18 each time because you know im not leaving till after 8 or 9 or 10a...

sometimes i take the chance and park because i dont have the cash for parking at that moment so at least when i get the ticket i have 30 days to make everyone i drove there to chip in!!

I got a ticket this weekend :'(

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

dude, just find cool crackhead and heel watch your back for 3 dollars.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Guest Satan

it IS......wayy overpriced.

i prefer to take a taxi and split it with my peeps.

door to door delivery, no parking hassels, way cheaper than a dui or the cost of a window when they smash your shit to steal your gum and 2 cd's.

Guest coach

It's great you want to keep parking rates down, but South Beach has been charging $15+ for years.

This is true, but generally only on special event weekends. The municipal lots are actually restricted by the city on what they can charge. We walk by the lot on 12th and Penn nearly every weekend and it is often $8, and rarely more than $12.

Of course, SoBe's main problem is that on a good weekend, there's just not enough room for all the cars, no matter what the price. It's not so much a price issue as an issue of finding anything.

Also, on SoBe most of the parking is in decently maintained garages, so one might expect to pay a little more. Given time, I have little doubt that the situation downtown will become better, but the city council needs to get things under control and underway sooner rather than later.

Guest barstar diana

dude, just find cool crackhead and heel watch your back for 3 dollars.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

lol ya man, i always find a meter too there are tons in that area, and usually in my experince ive been let back in to put some money in the meter

Guest JustBeFABOLOUS9

its easy..

1. Find a meter

2. give a bum like $2 bucks

3. Make sure your call isnt in a random alley

Guest mjm420

Saleen is sounding more and more like bling, cheap bastard

LOL

Saltine does what he does best.

BITCH..BITCH... BITCH... & MORE BITCH...

8)

Guest kcariaga

Didn't realize the price had gone up to $20. I am so glad that we found street parking right in front of the club.

Guest mikepayne

Parking prices down there are a joke... charge me $20 to put me in a hugely overcrowded lot where some asshole parked 2 inches from me is going to scratch my shit? Give me a break. The parking situation is one of the main deterrents keeping me from going to space more often.

Guest jbit

A cool crackhead?

Guest Devilicious

It's great you want to keep parking rates down, but South Beach has been charging $15+ for years.

This is true, but generally only on special event weekends. The municipal lots are actually restricted by the city on what they can charge. We walk by the lot on 12th and Penn nearly every weekend and it is often $8, and rarely more than $12.

Of course, SoBe's main problem is that on a good weekend, there's just not enough room for all the cars, no matter what the price. It's not so much a price issue as an issue of finding anything.

Also, on SoBe most of the parking is in decently maintained garages, so one might expect to pay a little more. Given time, I have little doubt that the situation downtown will become better, but the city council needs to get things under control and underway sooner rather than later.

Right on the money there my friend. Satan is right too.... cabs are key. 10 bux beach--->space

Guest mursa

thats true ...a cab to space when coming from the beach is def a good deal ..

...i did that a couple of time with a group of 3 or 4 ....and it ended up being around 12-14$ ... ( 4$ a piece average)

Guest Roxybella1

That sux! paying 20 or 30 bucks to park???...Its rediculous! I usually park 2 blocks down for ten bucks! Im not gonna pay freaking 20 bucks..

and about the bums!!...lol...I see them all the time....youre driving by and they are going crazy raising their hands up high so you can park their way..lol...its too funny!!! but I dont want to risk it...you cant expect them to stay there all the time taking care of your car!!! thats stupid to feel safe with a bum..lol..good luck for those who do it! ;D :P....but I agree...taxi will do it from the beach or from the grove!!!....if not then pay 10 bucks and walk your lazy butt... :P

Guest coach

Cabs from the Beach or the Grove are a decent option. But for folks coming from FTL, it's not so good.

Guest Satan

Cabs from the Beach or the Grove are a decent option. But for folks coming from FTL, it's not so good.

my usual solution for friends coming from the south is we meet at my house or some other friends (gables/grove/downtown), pre-party then all taxi down or carpool. same thing in reverse. works like a charm when you approach it in a more NYC (bridge&tunnel sorta) way.

all the B&T peeps would meet at my place in NYC, then we head out together

Guest pod

That's what I usually have friends do. They leave their cars near my excuse-for-an-apt, and then we split a cab downtown...it's $25 from my place.